No announcement yet.

Quake 1.5 - Release Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT the hell did you do to that poor Shambler that cannot defend itself from a shitty axe?

That's cruelty, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Izhido_ View Post
      WHAT the hell did you do to that poor Shambler that cannot defend itself from a shitty axe?

That's cruelty, you know?
      too op indeed. otherwise the stuff is stellar.

Comment

I actually like seeing more powerful weapons for a change. I mean, REAL power. Fucking shit up power. I don't care who or what you are, taking a buckshot blast to the face is going to be the end of you. You could meter this awesome firepower by reducing ammo availability and what not, ensuring that players don't get too trigger-happy and start dominating everything in sight.

One of my biggest and oldest complaints with vanilla Quake was how most of the enemies were complete bullet sponges. I can see the shambler taking a lot of hurt before dying, but smaller enemies (the ogre in particular) take way too long to kill.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
          One of my biggest and oldest complaints with vanilla Quake was how most of the enemies were complete bullet sponges. I can see the shambler taking a lot of hurt before dying, but smaller enemies (the ogre in particular) take way too long to kill.
          i think this served as sort of a compensatory as to how levels were designed and how many enemies were placed in them (and where). i for one applaud tough enemies increasing the threat.

Comment

It's been a while since I posted anything in this thread, hasn't it?

I've added a lot to this since I stopped posting updates here, and here's what i just added
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTfCSAxRM0[/ame]

Ogres have a small chance to drop them when gibbed, and if you want a console command will set it so you can have players spawn with chainsaws in DM or replace the ring of shadows

Comment

FUCK. YES. I love it. I'm actually about to make a chainsaw for my mod too. Very similar to this, but the deaths will actually be a short kill scene like the new Doom game. Still working out the details. Your blood splats are amazing. Well done.
              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

haha thats awesome <3

great-looking chain-saw and i love how you can chop up corpses
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Awesome!
                  Great job!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJEfvTu30uc[/ame]

SNG now has a barrel spindown after you fire - it doesn't affect shooting though so you can spam fire just as much as normal

Comment

• neat... reminds me of the super-fast version of SNG from kleshik,
                      which also adds a spin-up and spin-down both to the weapon
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• The chaingun.....QUAKE 1.5 IS GONNA BE BETTER THAN HALF LIFE!!!!!!!!

terms and conditions apply lol
                        Dude,lets party!
                        Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

• Just curious, is the one over at moddb the "latest" public build or is there another place where you have the "latest" public build up for download.

Comment

• It technically is the latest, I haven't really updated it. Though I do have a version I made that works with Quakespasm without hand models (they were too high poly for it) floating around somewhere

Comment

• I utilized the darkplaces attachment system, so now I have vweps for all weapons including the new chainsaw

It also puts the last equipped weapon on your back when you have your axe out

Comment

• I imported the hipnotic weapons, sorta

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFXJh_JnYd8[/ame]

and here's an animation pass on the lasergun - i found out a way to speed up the animation rate and i tied the projectiles to the weaponframe

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJmCCR_HRgA[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X