No announcement yet.

Quake 1.5 - Release Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the next version going to be for darkplaces only? Or any chance it will be compatible with quakespasm too?

Comment

• I'm utilizing darkplaces attachment system for the third person weapons so I didn't have to go through the trouble of reanimating the player model with all of them, and I'm using some md3s, combined with the fact that right now it's a fork of seven's SMC.

So the short answer, not the next release.

Once i finish the first mod version I would like to port everything I've done over to vanilla code so it'll work on other engines as well

Comment

• Is the current version already compatible with Arcane Dimensions? or is it a seperate patch? If not, will it be compatible in the next release?

Comment

• I know its been a while since anything seems to have happened here but did things like the higher res exploding boxes and enforcer remodel and the like make it into the pack? It would not run in quakespasm for me and I found none of those things when looking within the file itself.

(I DLed the file on the opening post is this the wrong file or is it just that none of these updates have ever got released?

Comment

• Not yet, some of those things i had made for the mod version

Speaking of, the ModDB page is up for it

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-15

It's gonna feature a lot of map additions/changes, and new maps with boss enemies for ep2 and ep3

Comment

• Good to know you're still working on this bloodshot. It looks out of this world. I like that it's not all that ott retexturing deal. Just new features for classic quake. It's satisfyingly nostalgic but feature heavy! Still it seems like nothing that will "break the bank" of classic maps too... Just found out that this is dp only so as a quakespasm limited player I'm a little disappointed. But that's my problem not yours! Lol still doesn't stop me from appreciating or praising what is clearly a labour of love and is going to make its mark on the history of this game we all love... Look forward to seeing more soon!

Oh, and it's a funny thing, your mod being called quake 1.5... the working title of my mod, descent into heresy, was quake 0.5! Lol!
              Last edited by osjclatchford; 02-12-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• The Darkplaces only thing was a bit of a byproduct of me using it to learn QuakeC and not realizing at the time how many people didn't like darkplaces. Eventually I'll make a port to QS but I'm gonna have to rewrite most of the mod, create a different blood system not using decals (I have a few plans for it) and I might base it off AD directly since I ported a lot of features from AD anyway

Made the AD drips have a spawnflag that turns them into rain
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rzmI6Uf7NI

Also

Added in a lives system as an optional coop gamemode - server hosts can set the amount of lives from the console (default 3) and once all players are dead you restart the level with the equipment you entered it with

Megahealth will give all players an extra life so you might wanna save it for a pinch now

Comment

• Im really appreciating your work and looking forward to playing this, finally someone have implemented live system for coop, iv been playing for ages in doom on survival coop (its doom coop witch live system) and searching for ages if something similar exists for quake and here it is

Comment

• Your Shambler and Enforcer are on my waiting list for the model pack, just after capnbubs' ogre. Which we may never get, sadly...
                    Authentic Models Pack
                    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Check your PM's

On the topic of this mod, I've been asking around on anynet and looking at nahuel's HUD source to make my own HUD for this mod

qHUD.png
                      jmod20180331172141-00.jpg

It has custom icons for the chainsaw and hiplaser, color coded ammo bars, a proximity grenade counter with small and large styles, and a powerup displays with countdown timers on each

Comment

• Noice!
                        Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• So this appears abandoned. Thanks to Bloodshot for the good work. I'm continuing work for Quake 1.5 with my fork "Combat+"

Combat+ is a refinement of Quake 1.5 & Quake's original design, primarily focused around adding depth and addressing flaws of combat in the form of updates to artificial intelligence & the player's unbalanced arsenal. It also features some important bugfixes, in addition to general tweaks & polishing. Lastly, Nightmare difficulty is completely overhauled instead of simply making enemies turrets or capping health to 50. You can expect highly engaging and synergistic game design.

Combat+ Add-on v4.0 addon - Quake 1.5 mod for Quake - Mod DB

If you have any requests or feedback, have at it.
                          Last edited by Totalitarian; 08-29-2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Sneak peek of some upcoming Artificial Intelligence updates.

<<<Afrit Overhaul>>>

-Afrit often fly-strafe.
                            -Afrit occasionally fly upwards while firing many fireballs.
                            -Afrit are more defensive, often choosing to stay back unlike all other enemies, and often staying higher in the air, unlike all other flying enemies which match the
                            player's height at all times. This is an improvement for too many reasons too mention.
                            -Afrit attack faster, but have longer duration between attacks (notably on Nightmare).
                            -Afrit spawn higher in the air to better serve their role as flying enemies as well as stay out of the way of ground enemies.
                            -Rotates faster which addresses some erroneous behaviour. Adjusted spawn rates. Slightly more health on nightmare.
                            -Bugfix (Q1.5): Afrit have a delay between each pain animation interrupt like all the other enemies.

<<<Warlord Overhaul>>>

-Gave Warlord's spike grenades a light so they're easier to see. They also throw them slightly more often, and has a shorter fuse. However warlords only throw
                            normal spike grenades, not cluster grenades. Grenade damage set back to SMC default. Throw animation is faster.
                            -Warlords shield ram & block/dodge slightly less frequently (was very common and not so good), instead using their sword and various projectile attacks more.
                            -Warlord shield ram is slightly faster/covers more distance (based on difficulty level), and only triggers within actual ramming range.
                            -Everyone fears the Warlord! most rarely anger from his friendly fire. He also brushes off other monster's friendly fire, focusing on the real monster - the
                            player! On nightmare difficulty he is even more focused -- very rarely does he ever lower himself with petty demon infighting.
                            -Warlord health increased to 330 on Nightmare, otherwise 290.

<<<Reiver Overhaul>>>

-Movement: base movement speed is much slower and scales slightly based on difficulty level. However Reiver moves at all times, even when firing. Reiver
                            performs air strafes sometimes, even when firing. Will backup while performing life drain attack. They apply pressure.
                            -Attacks: Fireball is no longer homing + damage increased. Summoned ghosts give chase at differing speeds. Life drain attack damage scales based on difficulty.
                            Trigger range of life drain reduced slightly. Fireballs cannot be shot out of the air. Fireball attack has blast radius.
                            -Polish: Life drain visual effect wont animate unless it connects. Reivers often, but not always, spawn higher in the air to better serve
                            their role as flying enemies as well as stay out of the way of ground enemies. Rotates faster which addresses some erroneous behaviour. Adjusted spawn rates.
                            -Skill Level: Has 330 health on nightmare difficulty, else 300. Numerous minor offense bonuses on nightmare.
                            Last edited by Totalitarian; 09-03-2021, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• Maybe it would be better to open a new thread for this instead of bumping an old one, creating the false impression this is still maintained by the original author.
                              Authentic Models Pack
                              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Those arent Q1.5 additions, those are SMC tweaks.

Q1.5 is basically SMC with some extensions. Now we have tweaks to an extension.

Thats almost funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X