Shambler HD Remake Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
    I'd like to see a Death Knight done in this way. It's the least loved monster, no one even done a model of him
    me too! the deathknight is awesome and id love to see him remade in high-poly
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Well...the best Shammy 4 quake i've ever seen. Really, faithful, beautiful and nice animated. Awesome, man)))

Comment

Skiffy, the shambler is fantastic!

would it be possible to have an alternative skin?
        The alternative skin once included into the .mdl can be used by the multi-skins function of SMC by Seven.

Cheers

Comment

Anythings possible

Not sure what folks would be looking for but I am sure eventually there will be various offshoots of this model.

Comment

What modeling suite did you use? Did you rig the model and then bake it out? If so, would you be willing to provide the source files? The model looks great, if theres skeletal animation info, it would be a shame to lose it to time.
            Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Software used.

Copy pasted this from the readme that I provide with the file.

3dsmax - for all modeling and animation purposes.
              3dcoat - For the majority of the texture painting and seam fixing.
              Photoshop - additional painting and saving / palette reduction
              QME3.1v2 - Proper PCX color conversion of textures
              NeroMD3 - MD3 compiler used to compile a series of ASE files into MD3 models
              MD3toMDL - Nice converter tool from Preach to convert MD3 files to MDL format

I have it backed up on cloud storage... once I'm done tinkering with it I will toss it out there.

Comment

Best job of a traditional Shambler ever that I have seen.Great Job Skiffy!
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

source! excellent! thanks for the great work skiffy, and source is always greatly appreciated
                  Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Great model, Skiffy! Any chance you may be working on the Ogre or the Fiend next?
                    Authentic Models Pack
                    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                      Great model, Skiffy! Any chance you may be working on the Ogre or the Fiend next?
                      .....or how about a monster that hasnt been remade multiple times already?

like the zombie, knight or deathknight, which all havent been remade a single time.

or maybe even good old shub or chthon
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I was actually referring to this, the unfinished "authentic" Ogre model remake by capnbubs. Too bad he never pushed it out of the door, at least not until now.
                        Fiend may be off the to-do-list as soon as Bloodshot is done with his version. Will keep it under observation. ^^

At least regarding the Knight, we already have Lunaran's remake. But anyway, just do whatever you wanna do next. Main thing is it's as awesome as this Shambler model!
                        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

OMG he added proper TUSKS for the Ogre! Man when its that ever going to be released?

Comment

Unfortunately, capnbubs hasn't posted any update in that thread for two years now. The Ogre looked quite finished when he posted screenies, but if no one finds a way to contact him and finish this, I am afraid we may never be able to play with it. :S
                            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

his profile says he hasnt logged in to quakeone since june 2014.

i know capnbubs though... he happens to be the creator of the body-mesh of my fave SL avatar.
                              mebbe i can poke him on SL to ask if he will ever go back to working on quake-stuff.

although i kinda doubt it, since he's very busy working on clothing and such
                              for the mesh body he created and his items are very popular so he's quite busy.

but you never know, mebbe he just forgot about the models cuz he got caught up in SL stuff

Comment

Would be great if you were able to convince capnbubs somehow to finish this. Not releasing that Ogre would be nothing short of a crime!

He may retreat totally after this if he wants, but he cannot hold such a HUGE carrot in front of all our noses and hide it forever afterwards... xD
                                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X