Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zerstorer HD Reforged

Project died
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-30-2019, 10:51 AM.
    Make Quake Great Again

not to be a bummer... but how is this HD texture-pack considered complete
    when i can see 4 missing textures right of the bat in the first picture?

throw those couple skill-textures my way and ill do them, so that the pack will really be complete
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
      not to be a bummer... but how is this HD texture-pack considered complete
      when i can see 4 missing textures right of the bat in the first picture?

throw those couple skill-textures my way and ill do them, so that the pack will really be complete
      Put only the essentials, I know that some are missing, but usually I hate to request someone to do the work, anyway I've sent you a PM with the missing textures. I'll never thank you enough for this Talisa
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Hello Blood Vengeance,

Another one to strike off your list. You never seem to get tired.

Just in case, there are some more maps, made for the zerstorer mod:
        Bestial Devastation (damaul6), Zerstörer Turtlemap Pack, Speedmapping pack 108 and the latest Func Map Jam3.

The cinematics code is what impresses me the most in the zerstorer mod.

But back to your passion to change the complete Quake universe to hd :
        If you are interested, I added the changes from v1.1 into the commented v1.0 qc and added some smc stuff as well as DP related bugfixes. Maybe it is somehow useful for you: Download

Best wishes,
        Seven

Last edited by Seven; 05-27-2016, 01:59 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
          Hello Blood Vengeance,

Another one to strike off your list. You never seem to get tired.

Just in case, there are some more maps, made for the zerstorer mod:
          Bestial Devastation (damaul6), Zerstörer Turtlemap Pack, Speedmapping pack 108 and the latest Func Map Jam3.

The cinematics code is what impresses me the most in the zerstorer mod.

But back to your passion to change the complete Quake universe to hd :
          If you are interested, I added the changes from v1.1 into the commented v1.0 qc and added some smc stuff as well as DP related bugfixes. Maybe it is somehow useful for you: Download

Best wishes,
          Seven

Yes! Yes! Thank you a lot, those SMC stuff is perfect! About other Zerstorer stuff: Almost finished RTlights for Zerstorer turtlemaps (will be released in few days). Bestial Devastation is one of my favourite maps, and If I'm able I can release a texture pack for it since they are edit of ID1 textures. Don't know about speedmap108 by Negke, going to test it. As for Func_mapjam 3, I've taken a look, RTlights are excluded because they really slow framerates in those maps, textures for those maps are not a problem except for the one made by Tronyn because has tons of custom textures all from a different source. In my opinion that map is really different from the Zer theme, is a fantasy map with some Nemesants at the end (but I've loved it anyway: very large, tons of enemies, perfectly designed and very challenging and lot of fun). I've added your patch to the files list in first page
          Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 05-25-2016, 04:19 PM.
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@seven
            ooh yes, mapjam3 was awesome with its zerstorer theme...
            i think i will be re-texturing mapjam3 next <3

EDIT: also, the zkill textures are all done
            Last edited by talisa; 05-25-2016, 10:12 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Found an annoying bug! When Nemesant attack you......you can't shoot at him and you don't even die, you remain blocked. First time it appears, never encountered. Tried without Seven fix + SMC patch and works, maybe something is wrong in progs.dat
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Hello Blood Vengeance,

The culprit ist the Zerstorer source.
                They declared constants and later in the code, they edited/changed them.

Even when you compile the original source, without any changes, the bug will appear !
                That is exactly the same issue with ROGUE (mission pack 2) source.
                They set a float like this:
                float foo = 4;
                Later in the code they change the float (which is a constant), which will lead to hilarious bugs / side-effects.

Several years ago, when I first wanted to edit the ROGUE source, I stumbled over this issue (some may remember the "elevator bug" which only appears when compiling the old source). I could not find the issue as it was not directly related to the elevator code. Later on, Spike jumped in and rescued me.

I didnt know that the Zerstorer guys also used this way of coding.
                Now I searched through all the Zerstorer code and found some more places where constants have been edited. I hope I could find all...

Anyhow, I now fixed it and reuploaded it.
                I included the source, so that other people who want to edit Zerstorer source in the future, do not need to go through this again.

Download

Have fun,
                Seven
                Last edited by Seven; 05-27-2016, 01:59 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Thanks now it's solved but unfortunately there is another.......cannot pickup the sanguinoch, when i come closer it blocks me, like hitting a wall. That Zerstorer code seems to be quite "complicated" (but in 1997 nobody had even a remote idea of future source ports of course)

I've updated RTlights, only a fix in Zer1m6 (True Love Waits) in the room before the sanguinoch, because it was too dark (not too dark, totally black!)
                  Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 05-26-2016, 04:13 PM.
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Here you go, sir:
                    Download

With this, the Sanguinoch acts like in original Zerstorer again. Darkplaces has issues with this item. It sometimes randomly crashes the engine. Disabling this cvar helps:
                    sv_gameplayfix_blowupfallenzombies 0

But not always. Sometimes it will still crash. This also happens with original untouched Zerstorer code, so...

Keep moving when you picked it up and kill those baddies fast. That always works

If you still find some issues, please let me know.

Comment

Now I can pick up the Sanguinoch but crashes after you pick it up (This happens also in custom maps where Sanguinoch appears, so the bug is related to the sanguinoch itself and not the map in my opinion). Tried with cheats (pick it up and then ran away with no clip.....at the end of the map there is a portal to go on next leve, but when you enter.....it crashes). And there is another glich: when you open fire with your machinegun, projectiles get stuck in mid air or against walls and emanate lights, here's a screenshot:

Yesterday a map called Death Waits by Drannerz caught my attention: it's a big zerstorer themed map, by changing a few textures it looks even more Zerstorer, so I plan to include the RTlights and textures for it it in this thread, even if it's a map with no custom progs. dat and works with standard quake.

Map link here: https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/dranzsp1.html
                      Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 05-27-2016, 05:47 AM.
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Hello Blood Vengeance,

Those bugs are Darkplaces bugs.
                        If you want to play Zerstorer as it was meant to be, use DirectQ for example.
                        It runs it perfectly. Even the particles look much better in DirectQ.

This is a screenshot from vanilla Darkplaces, running vanilla Zerstorer:

Using rtlights isnt gonna change the bugs

Comment

For some unknown reasons DirectQ stopped working on my pc. Anyway I have here some screenshots of Death Waits with bunkmetal texture replacing another, the result is "very Zerstorer"

Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I've just finished Zerstorer (and for the first time, really!), and I loved it: it's an amazing job you've done here! too bad that there's a bug with the Sanguinoch + Darkplaces AFIK (i've skipped to the next level), but since that's Darkplaces fault, i've got to play it again with directq.

I've had a great fun with theses reforged ep's, AOP, Beyond Belief, Digs, MapJam2, and now Zerstorer, so thanks again! (have you ever played Travail, btw?)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                              I've just finished Zerstorer (and for the first time, really!), and I loved it: it's an amazing job you've done here! too bad that there's a bug with the Sanguinoch + Darkplaces AFIK (i've skipped to the next level), but since that's Darkplaces fault, i've got to play it again with directq.

I've had a great fun with theses reforged ep's, AOP, Beyond Belief, Digs, MapJam2, and now Zerstorer, so thanks again! (have you ever played Travail, btw?)
                              Yes of course, and I've enjoyed it. I've got a very incomplete HD texture pack for Travail and also RTlights, but If I decide to release it, it will be an incomplete release, since Travail uses a HUGE amount of custom textures (I think is the episode with most custom textures).
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X