Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reforged-Style Grenling Skin (AoP) + More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reforged-Style Grenling Skin (AoP) + More!

Hey guys, this isn't finished, but it's quite close to being done. I gave up work on it because my stupid life only gets busier every day, but that's the case with everyone I suppose.

A public release was in order because I was just holding onto it for far too long. If ANYONE could provide me with seamless UV maps for the grenling (as ALL of this had to be approximated a million times) that would be excellent. I don't garauntee that things will go faster, but it certainly will look better if this occurs.

Enough of my ramble, here is the skin and preview! Have fun with your AoP!

GRENLING

Grenling_WIP_Pringles

SOUND PACK

Here is the sound pack which replaces just about every sound in AoP using mostly sound effects from Kleshik, Q3, Mindgrid, and Epiquake. About 11 of those sounds were created by me, but I don't remember exactly which ones anymore. It's been a while.

https://www.mediafire.com/?kld95ko52o0m7fp

L2 PROTOTYPE PROJECTILE REPLACEMENTS

Replaces the projectiles using a simple script and sprites. Looks amazing with Seven's AoP debug mod! And sounds great with my sound effect for it!

https://www.mediafire.com/?5l52nn71xk9h44z

BLUD VOMIT EFFECT

Copy and paste this into your effectinfo for an AMAZING Blud vomit effect when he attacks you with regurgitated gibs! I believe this can be used with seven's mod, but you will have to put this on the TOP of your effectinfo.txt file.

effect TR_BLOOD
    trailspacing 6
    type spark
    countabsolute 1
    color 0x200000 0x200000
    size 0.4 1.2
    alpha 0 512 256
    gravity 1.0
    bounce 1.6
    airfriction 1
    liquidfriction 4
    originjitter 4 4 4
    velocityjitter 256 256 350
    velocitymultiplier 1.3
    Last edited by Pringles Man; 06-13-2016, 12:44 PM.
    Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Good work Pringles!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Alfader! Were you behind the reforged project with Nergal? You guys made awesome stuff!!!! I hope that one day AoP will be totally reskinned in your style (hopefully not through my efforts alone). Love your work, honestly baffled at some of the stuff you guys pulled off. Needless to say your support means a lot!

Comment

I can't really get the new sound pack to work. This is because, at least with my installation of MP3, the sound files are contained within separate folders that aren't in any .pk3 file. Is there a fix for this?

Comment

Your problem lies within the fact that you either already have a sound FOLDER with all of the old sounds in your Impel folder. Darkplaces loads folder content before PK3 content.

Otherwise, you might have another PK3 or PAK file that has the original sounds in your Impel folder which Darkplaces loads first. The easiest way to fix the problem without directly finding the source of the old sounds and deleting them is to:

1. Edit the file name of my sound pack

2. Change .PK3 to .zip

3. Extract the sound folder into your Impel folder

4. Merge and replace everything it asks you about and you should be good

Comment

mp3 support requires too many hoops in GPLed engines. I believe that ogg files will work, mp3s will not.
            whether they're in pk3s or not is irrelevant when there's no decoder.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

He means Mission Pack 3, not .mp3 lmao.

Comment

I followed your instructions, and it worked. Thanks, Pringles. Can't wait to see all the other Mission Pack 3 content you crank out. Perhaps in the future, we could see Travail content?

Comment

I never played Travail. Never found the time to play it sadly. I heard it's a classic, and I have it installed. I probably won't be as infatuated with it as I am about AoP, I can almost guarantee that.

The reason I obsess so much about AoP is mainly because the level design is probably the best out of all of Quake's official level releases ever...and BLUD. Jesus, that monster is terrifying! When I started playing AoP, I came for the curiosity, stayed for the level design, and never forgot it because of Blud. Seriously some of the most creative monster design I've seen.

Once I saw that, i knew that there was so much unused potential in this underdog mission pack, and for the sake of completion of all things official, I began with my favorite Quake enemy EVER. If I didn't have such a busy life, I'd probably have reskinned ALL of the monsters by now.

Do you use my Blud skin? I hope you know it exists, as it will make you shit yourself in terror when you see the monstrous cycloptic hand that is Blud as he was meant to be seen! Also hope you have Seven's patch for AoP, it REALLY enhances the experience, you seriously wouldn't know how amazing it is till you've tried it.

And BloodVengeance has made the nicest AoP RTLights that I have ever seen for any Quake map EVER.

Forgot to ask, is this your first time playing through AoP?

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
                    I never played Travail. Never found the time to play it sadly. I heard it's a classic, and I have it installed. I probably won't be as infatuated with it as I am about AoP, I can almost guarantee that.

The reason I obsess so much about AoP is mainly because the level design is probably the best out of all of Quake's official level releases ever...and BLUD. Jesus, that monster is terrifying! When I started playing AoP, I came for the curiosity, stayed for the level design, and never forgot it because of Blud. Seriously some of the most creative monster design I've seen.

Once I saw that, i knew that there was so much unused potential in this underdog mission pack, and for the sake of completion of all things official, I began with my favorite Quake enemy EVER. If I didn't have such a busy life, I'd probably have reskinned ALL of the monsters by now.

Do you use my Blud skin? I hope you know it exists, as it will make you shit yourself in terror when you see the monstrous cycloptic hand that is Blud as he was meant to be seen! Also hope you have Seven's patch for AoP, it REALLY enhances the experience, you seriously wouldn't know how amazing it is till you've tried it.

And BloodVengeance has made the nicest AoP RTLights that I have ever seen for any Quake map EVER.

Forgot to ask, is this your first time playing through AoP?
                    I've played AoP numerous times, so it's not my first. I did use your Blud skin, among every other AoP enhancement you provided, and I'm loving it. Is it possible that, in a future update, we'll see re-skinned gibs for the Grenling, since every time I gib them with the Impaler or any other weapon, I just see the default gibs.

When you find the time to play Travail, I'd say go for it. It's a unique mission pack, that, while lacks any "new" weapons (only non-default weapon that appears in it is the Riot Controller), it compensates for that with it's beautiful atmosphere, a pretty decent level design, and new enemies and two new bosses. If possible, you could even update aspects of Travail, like giving the two bosses (Scrag Queen and Azoth) a makeover.

Comment

btw I found a bug on the Grenling where red text shows up on the skin. It's not error text or anything, but what's the problem I'm experiencing?

Comment

whoops double post...
                        Last edited by Lupara; 06-17-2016, 10:04 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Nvm what I said. I just found out that the text is just there for the time being.

Comment

Very good stuff, I've put a link to your thread in my Aop thread
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Yeah, I just noticed that I misplaced the credits text. I'll fix it as soon as possible and update the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X