No announcement yet.

Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Engine + MOD Compilation [Sony PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analog issue was there in all previous version of proquake and jurajstyk's as well.

When i'm leaving at prompt menu, i hit the home button, then choose Yes option and press X. System freezes then

Comment

Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
      Analog issue was there in all previous version of proquake and jurajstyk's as well.

When i'm leaving at prompt menu, i hit the home button, then choose Yes option and press X. System freezes then
      Ahhh yes, known issue! The proper way to exit from there is I believe by hitting circle? It's listed on the screen, cant remember off the top of my head

Comment

I think that i know how it works Now. You cant leave by HOME button, but you can do it by CIRCLE button. That is helpful.

Tommorow i am going to a trip so i propably wont be able to help much, until wednesday. My apologies. Good luck

Comment

In free time, i'm playing the new mod by Machine Games, called "dopa". So far, everything works perfect, even with dynamic lights. When i finish it, i'll let you know.

You should try this mod out. I dont really like Machine Games games but this one is pretty good. I like that episode 2 feeling

Edit: i've beaten it, and had crash only once, but when i restarted and tried the same place, it was fine. So you can safely add this mod to your compilation
          Last edited by Grzybiarz; 06-25-2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I'll definitely be checking that mod out and adding it to the compilation!

On a side note, Revision 2 is now stable enough for release. It has some functionality I think you'll be happy to find I was able to implement

Official Build - Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Revision 2

===CHANGELOG===
            June 25, 2016
            -------------

Added "Texture Filtering" to Debug Menu.
            Equivalent of "gl_texturemode GL_LINEAR"(Texture Filtering On) and "gl_texturemode GL_NEAREST"(Texture Filtering Off)

Bot Options under Multiplayer tab are now linked for FROGBOT
            Bot Options will autohide when not in FROGBOT

Added Crosshair Enable/Disable Option under OPTIONS > SUBMENU MISC OPTIONS
            Added Autoaim Enable/Disable Option under OPTIONS > SUBMENU MISC OPTIONS

Fixed mp3/audio issues on startup and when returning from standby mode

***KNOWN BUGS***
            If Dynamic Lighting is disabled, certain models and objects will continue to be affected by dynamic lighting (weapons/character models)
            DOWNLOAD: Official Build - Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Revision 2

Comment

Dissabling texture filtering really works! Thank you very much, because i really love that original textures quality. You are the Best

That mp3 fix also does works

Bot options also works fine now.

Crosshair and autoaim dissabling works perfectly.

Dynamic lights still crashes the game on dm and rapture, but i belive you know that. When you'll be able to fix it, this port will be perfect

Thank you very much.
              Last edited by Grzybiarz; 06-26-2016, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I'm interested in trying this out but I don't have a PSP. Does this work under the PPSSPP emulator? If so, how would one install it? Cheers.

PS: Nice to see another engine in development.
                I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post
                  I'm interested in trying this out but I don't have a PSP. Does this work under the PPSSPP emulator? If so, how would one install it? Cheers.

PS: Nice to see another engine in development.
                  Hey! You know, I'm not certain whether it would work under the PPSSPP emulator. I was working with someone on testing it on PS Vita under an emulated PSP environment, though he ended up running into FTP transfer issues and couldn't get the files onto his PS Vita.

That being said, I do have a development build designed more for emulated environments, though I have never tested it myself! It's a development build of Revision 1 and lacks the features listed in Revision 2. It's linked here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmgn8xhvhk...LY%5D.rar?dl=0

You will also need the files from the main Revision 2 download in my first post + Quake ID1 paks pak0.pak and pak1.pak. You can simply replace the eboot included in the main file with the eboot linked above.

Eboots are more or less the executable files of the PSP world. You drop them into ROOT:\PSP\Game\<folderhere> in which our case it would be :\PSP\Game\Insomnia\

As far as setting up a PPSSPP environment, I have never tried! On a regular PSP, you have to be running a custom firmware however I believe the PPSSPP is already setup to run unsigned games. In which case, it would likely just be a matter of installing PPSSPP and placing the files into the correct folder :-)

Comment

Dissabling texture filtering really works! Thank you very much, because i really love that original textures quality. You are the Best

That mp3 fix also does works

Bot options also works fine now.

Crosshair and autoaim dissabling works perfectly.

Dynamic lights still crashes the game on dm and rapture, but i belive you know that. When you'll be able to fix it, this port will be perfect

Thank you very much.

Glad to hear it!!! It took quite a few hours to figure out the texture filtering dilemma, I too agree that the raw, unmodified textures look far superior

As it turns out, this engine does use quite a few pieces of GLQuake code, though it's been heavily modified. Looks like MDave and his predecessors only transcribed the pieces of code they needed from GLQuake. Large portions of code were not added into the engine, like the ability to change texturemode settings in-game and cvars for various rendering options. It was far easier to just make it into a prompt option If you may have already noticed, when using the unfiltered texture mode, mipmapping no longer functions as its reliant on the texture-mode being GU_LINEAR/GU_MIPMAP_LINEAR, which we cannot dynamically change in game currently.

In regards to dynamic lighting, that is my next big todo! Do you know if dynamic lights would crash on the original ProQuake by Baker/Quake 1 by Jurak Styk on the dm/rapture? Currently trying to find the source of the issue

Comment

Dynamic lights crashes the game on dm on original proquake by Baker, but it causes no crashes at all on jurajstyk version.

As you are propably going to take a look at Juraj Styk version data, you can also check how does the autoaim work. I regret to say, but it still isnt done. I mean, option that you added, which allows to enable it and disable, does work perfectly, but autoaim itself doesent work properly. In original quake autoaim was there just to help with vertical aim, because of keyboard controls. Autoaim in insomia, helps with aiming not only verticaly, but also horizontaly, which makes the game too easy. In original proquake it works the same, but in jurajstyk version, autoaim works just as in original quake. I'll be very grateful if you check it out.

Hope you'll be able to fix it. This port is already the Best way to play First quake on the go. And not only on PSP, but also on android devices, thanks to emulators (i dont really know if it runs on ppsspp because i didint tried it yet, but i think it will).

Good luck.

Comment

Dynamic lights crashes the game on dm on original proquake by Baker, but it causes no crashes at all on jurajstyk version.

As you are propably going to take a look at Juraj Styk version data, you can also check how does the autoaim work. I regret to say, but it still isnt done. I mean, option that you added, which allows to enable it and disable, does work perfectly, but autoaim itself doesent work properly. In original quake autoaim was there just to help with vertical aim, because of keyboard controls. Autoaim in insomia, helps with aiming not only verticaly, but also horizontaly, which makes the game too easy. In original proquake it works the same, but in jurajstyk version, autoaim works just as in original quake. I'll be very grateful if you check it out.

Hope you'll be able to fix it. This port is already the Best way to play First quake on the go. And not only on PSP, but also on android devices, thanks to emulators (i dont really know if it runs on ppsspp because i didint tried it yet, but i think it will).

Good luck.
                        Thanks for the info! Ah yes, the autoaim that exists in this version of ProQuake I believe was written by MDave for Kurok. I believe its entirely different from the original version of Quake's autoaim. I'll rename it to EASYAIM and maybe add a slider for sv_aim? In fact, if you disable autoaim and use the command sv_aim you should be able to get the function that you are looking for! sv_aim 0.93 is default, sv_aim 0.50 would be helping a lot with vertical aiming.

I will indeed be looking at Jurak Styks version! Hopefully it's easy to remedy

Comment

Official Build - Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Revision 3

===CHANGELOG===
                          July 1, 2016 - Revision 3
                          -------------

Force disabled dynamic lighting in deathmatch mode

Fixed Dynamic Lighting bugs relating to viewmodels/enemy models illuminating when dynamic lights disabled

Added "Hipnotic" support for mods that require -hipnotic to the prompt menu -- you must have Scourge of Armagon

Added Vertical Aiming slider to MISC OPTIONS

Added more mods

Removed expiremental fog support

Renamed Autoaim to "EasyAim"
                          DOWNLOAD: Official Build - Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Revision 3

Comment

Some things does works some doesent.

Dynamic lights are really forced to be disabled now. That is helpful

That dynamic lights bug that causes everything to be affected by light even if it is disabled, is fixed.

Everything, but autoaim works perfectly now. Autoaim itself has one issue. Vertical support doesent work at all. No matter if i change it to max or minimum, or switch the easyaim on or off. It just doesent work.

What does that hypnotic mode do? Except changing console background, i didint find any use for it.

And rapture still does crashes. Maybe you should consider just to delete it from your package?

There are some positive changes, and that is good. I appreciate your work

Comment

Some things does works some doesent.

Dynamic lights are really forced to be disabled now. That is helpful

That dynamic lights bug that causes everything to be affected by light even if it is disabled, is fixed.

Everything, but autoaim works perfectly now. Autoaim itself has one issue. Vertical support doesent work at all. No matter if i change it to max or minimum, or switch the easyaim on or off. It just doesent work.

What does that hypnotic mode do? Except changing console background, i didint find any use for it.

And rapture still does crashes. Maybe you should consider just to delete it from your package?

There are some positive changes, and that is good. I appreciate your work
                              In regards to hipnotic mode, some of the mods suggest/require "-hipnotic" mode to be used, which has new textures and the laser cannon. Some mods require the laser canon, the textures, etc.

As far vertical support, I'll have to look into that more. When I tried, it seemed to be assisting me but maybe I don't understand what it is supposed to do. How much is it supposed to help out the player when its on max in regards to vertical aiming?

In regards to rapture, at what point is it crashing for you?

Comment

Rapture crashes just as I start second map (this one where you chose Difficulty). I does it only if dynamic lights are on.

Vertical aim should work just as it was in doom. It shouldnt help with aiming horizontal, but only if your target is lower or higher than you. That is how it worked in original quake for Dos.

Comment

Working...
                                X