Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Engine + MOD Compilation [Sony PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
    Rapture crashes just as I start second map (this one where you chose Difficulty). I does it only if dynamic lights are on.

Vertical aim should work just as it was in doom. It shouldnt help with aiming horizontal, but only if your target is lower or higher than you. That is how it worked in original quake for Dos.
    OOHHH. Okay try this for the aimfix
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/omperzgfu7...OTFIX.rar?dl=0

Worth noting, when the slider is on the BOTTOM its helping the most, and at the top it is disabled. I just tried it, seems to be working now :-)

For Rapture create an autoexec.cfg in the rapture folder

with
    Code:
    wait
    r_dynamic "0"
    r_mipmaps "1"
    r_mipmaps_bias "0"
    r_mipmaps_func "0"
    map start
    and use these startup parameters

Cpu Speed 333
    Heap Size: 33
    Texture Filtering: On

I've included those by default now :-), I'll be overwriting the old zip archive I uploaded with the new one, with the new eboot/autoexec.cfg for Rapture
    Last edited by Dark_Duke; 07-02-2016, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Yes, it does work now. Now every aspect of the original game works perfectly.

From now one, there is no much crutial errors. Just little things that should be fixed.

Only thing that comes to my mind, is a weird thing with mp3's. Dont take me wrong, music plays correctly.
      Problem is, every mod and expansion uses the music files from ID1/music directory. It is very good for most mods, but not for Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity, which uses another set of music normally.

My point is: there should be an option to use custom music for mods, because now, when you'll put another music in mod directory, game will still play music from ID1.

Comment

My point is: there should be an option to use custom music for mods, because now, when you'll put another music in mod directory, game will still play music from ID1.
        Can do

I'll add a prompt menu parameter for "Mod Music", and if enabled it will instead look inside the mods mp3 folder. I'll have it set to if nothing is found, it will play the original Quake music. Sound good?

Comment

Sure. That will do it. Thank you

Comment

Try this Dev Build! https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc7216cwp4...0Rev4.rar?dl=0

It will load anything labeled track02 or above that is in the modfolders respective path \<modfolder>\music\

e.g.
            PSPMEMSTICK:\PSP\GAME\Insomnia\rogue\music\

I don't have a failsafe on it yet if no tracks are detected it will NOT revert to the ID1 music. JFYI!

But if you enable modmusic and put the mp3s into the respective music folder, it should load

Edit: Here are the music packs too https://www.dropbox.com/sh/epg04ijhj...p-TYs93Aa?dl=0
            Last edited by Dark_Duke; 07-02-2016, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Works just as you say. Mod music plays when there are music files in mod folder, but doesent if there is none.

Also, interface in both expansions for some reason got fixed. I dont know how, but now interface in soa works perfect, and i am almost sure it works fine in doe too.

Comment

Works just as you say. Mod music plays when there are music files in mod folder, but doesent if there is none.

Also, interface in both expansions for some reason got fixed. I dont know how, but now interface in soa works perfect, and i am almost sure it works fine in doe too.
                Awesome! Glad to hear it is working now. Are you using the added hipnotic mode function for it, perhaps? At least it works now!

Comment

On a side note, any other feature requests/bug fixes? I'd hate to do an official release only for the mp3 support!

Comment

I dont know if you did it already or not, but I think you should update the PSP 1000 eboot as well.

Deleting rapture from the folder, should also be considered. This mod is just not working as it should, because it crashes with dynamic lights on. If someone like to play it this way, he can always Download it by himself. In the friendly for newbies release, there just shouldnt be a mod that will most likely crash the game, in my opinion.

You can also put a text file which contains lines, which can be put in quake.cmdline. I know you can just select options in prompt menu, but when you put, for example -cpu333 in there, it will be chosen at default so you wont need to change it by yourself, everytime you launch the eboot. I am talking mostly about that mod music option, which should be swotched on at default IMHO.

I wonder if there is any way to make all the mods and expansions use the same config.cfg. I dont like to change controls and options, everytime i load a new mod. If it is possible, you can consider trying that.

You should also change the cl_bobcycle to 0.6, cl_bob to 0.2 and cl_bobup to 0.5 in config or autoexec because that are the default values of weapon bobbing in original quake. In this port, default values makes bobbing too fast.

Vertical aim support should not be changed by slider. sv_aim on every value betwen 0 and 0.9! will work the same. Every value from 1 will make it not working. Slider is just pointless in this situation. I suggest just changing it to simple option, changing it to 0.93 (default in Dos version of Quake) or 1 (disabled).

That is all that comes to my mind. Hope you'll be able to find something easy to fix
                    Last edited by Grzybiarz; 07-03-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

You should also change the cl_bobcycle to 0.6, cl_bob to 0.2 and cl_bobup to 0.5 in config or autoexec ...
                      Grzybiarz knows his Quake. That's very rare these days.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thank you. It's not hard to learn, considering that i started to play Quake around a month ago.

Comment

I dont know if you did it already or not, but I think you should update the PSP 1000 eboot as well.

Deleting rapture from the folder, should also be considered. This mod is just not working as it should, because it crashes with dynamic lights on. If someone like to play it this way, he can always Download it by himself. In the friendly for newbies release, there just shouldnt be a mod that will most likely crash the game, in my opinion.

You can also put a text file which contains lines, which can be put in quake.cmdline. I know you can just select options in prompt menu, but when you put, for example -cpu333 in there, it will be chosen at default so you wont need to change it by yourself, everytime you launch the eboot. I am talking mostly about that mod music option, which should be swotched on at default IMHO.

I wonder if there is any way to make all the mods and expansions use the same config.cfg. I dont like to change controls and options, everytime i load a new mod. If it is possible, you can consider trying that.

You should also change the cl_bobcycle to 0.6, cl_bob to 0.2 and cl_bobup to 0.5 in config or autoexec because that are the default values of weapon bobbing in original quake. In this port, default values makes bobbing too fast.

Vertical aim support should not be changed by slider. sv_aim on every value betwen 0 and 0.9! will work the same. Every value from 1 will make it not working. Slider is just pointless in this situation. I suggest just changing it to simple option, changing it to 0.93 (default in Dos version of Quake) or 1 (disabled).

That is all that comes to my mind. Hope you'll be able to find something easy to fix

All great points! I will delete Rapture, though I personally enjoy that one quite a lot :-) In the latest version, I do have it set by default to now run with mipmaps at maximum and dynamic lights disabled. Still delete you think?

I will add a text file noting various quake.cmdline parameters as well! I will add in one for -modmusic so that it is enabled by default.

I can look into single usage config files. In fact, do you think this is something that should be enabled by default? I can add an option, where if you add "-modconfig" to quake.cmdline, it will load config from the mod directory, and when "-modconfig" is not present, it will always load from the default ID1 path. Sound good?

I will default those various bob settings to the defaults you listed!

As for vertical aim, I'll do exactly as you say and make it an on/off menu option with on being .93 and off being 1!

These are great fixes and I'll release Rev4 soon! Thanks for your help, you really do know Quake well Without you, I'd probably only be on Rev1 not even knowing these bugs existed!!!

Edit: I will update the PSP 1000 version too

Edit 2: Added all of these to TO DO on original post
                          Last edited by Dark_Duke; 07-03-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Some things offer more variety than offers.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                              Some things offer more variety than offers.

Amazing compilation! I wish it loaded on the PSP

Comment

I wouldn't describe it like that. It is a true mod based on the single player Hall of Fame of the now defunct Underworld Map Reviews site Underworldfan's Single Player Map Reviews where the readme.txt didn't say stuff like "you can't redistribute this map".

It is backed by QuakeC that overrides end of level teleporter destinations and resets your inventory back to nothing after each map or set of maps and provides a way to bail out and go back to the main map (i.e. typing "return" in the console")

It was kinda of an attempt to get people more interested in single player custom maps back at the time. It used to be really hard to get some people here to try a custom single player release, but it has become way easier over time and its pretty much normal.

/Things change

Comment

Working...
                                X