Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Engine + MOD Compilation [Sony PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark_Duke View Post
    Wall of text of the YEAR is more like it!
    I am glad you found that interesting. Yeah, it's not all what you know.

Part of it is technique.

Using good techniques can allow someone to do things people with more experience and knowledge cannot do with bad techniques --- as frustration and the ability to divide a large task into a smaller task are factors in getting anything done.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
      How do you extract eboot file? I would like to try editing something in doom v0.05 eboot.
      You'll more than likely need to get the source code, make your modifications and then recompile! I remember trying to compile DoomPSP v005 and running into major issues, it was originally compiled with a really old version of GCC. When I get back from Vegas on Monday i'll help set you up with a fully functioning pspsdk environment and the respective Doom source codes!

Comment

• To be honest, i just want to find a file called default.cfg to change some values, like sfx volume because it is too loud right now. I dont know anything about programming yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
          To be honest, i just want to find a file called default.cfg to change some values, like sfx volume because it is too loud right now. I dont know anything about programming yet.
          You can extract an eboot with PBP Unpacker though it won't really give you anything useful aside an icon image, an eboot param file [name of program, version number etc] and compiled PSP code labeled DATA.psp

You wouldn't really be able to mess with DATA.psp unless you wanted to do it at a hex level and modify strings but that is beyond myself even.

Have you tried modifying the config.ini file? I think that may be what you're looking for. Otherwise you would need to modify the source code itself and recompile!

Comment

• Revision 4 out. Notes and download in main thread post! Now includes a 32mb PSP Phat version.

Comment

• Works pretty well. Officially i dont know what you should fix or add next. Maybe someone should try to play it on adhoc multiplayer. I technically have two psp's but second one is barelely working, so i dont trust it's network connection. But if someone is curious how it goes, it does find a server i make, but cant connect.

Comment

• It's been a pretty lomg time since last post. Did you lost your motivation?

Comment

• Been busy with work

I only have one psp to test with as well, but I'll definitely try and fix the adhoc mode. Any other things you have noticed?

Comment

• Sorry for late responce but my phone decided not to inform me about yours (responce, not the phone :p).
                    I will try to test adhoc mode with normal psp, but for now, i have some more bugs and ideas for you. Yay!

I am lazy so i will just write them after that funny horizontal lines:

-You nade picked up keys visible in the biggest screen size with visible hud, and it works perfect there, but i think you should do the same thing with previous screen size (the third from the last) because by default, keys are not visible there. (yeah, i need to fix my english as well :p)

-That button that makes vertical autoaim enabled, that can not be switched with x button should be fixed too, but you already know that .

That's all for now. Good to see that you are still intrested in this project. I got to admit, i didint belive you will be. Thank you . Good luck

EDIT: do you remember when i was talking about that -zone 1024 line in cmdline? It appears that this line really makes the frogbot to work. I dont know why but without it, game crashes as soon as i add one bot. I know it doesent make sense, but it works. In my opinion, you should put that line in cmdline by default.

I found some thing that should be fixed. It looks like that skill choosing, when making a server, doesent affect the bots, making it useless. If you are able to, you should make this change the "skill" parameter, to 0,1, 2 and 999, for easy, normal, hard and nightmare.

When you are very high, skybox goes mad and looks like someones bad trip. You can notice that on the first map of dissolution of eternity, and on e4m2. This should also be fixed.

When you are making the multiplayer game, you can choose, if there will be level exits or not. Just above this option, there is an empty space, where the arrow can be placed. Pressing x in that space, changes this level exit option below to yes or no. Placing the arrow on this particular option, and pressing x does nothing. Should be fixed, but doesent need to be.

I hope you still have you motivation to upgrade this great port. Good luck
                    Last edited by Grzybiarz; 09-27-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Added some new ideas at the post above

Comment

• I can confirm that adhoc works, but its been a long time since i used proquake on the psp, i switched to DQuake Plus because its alot stabler.

Comment

• Thank you for checking this out because I was not able to, because i have only 1 psp
                          Last edited by Grzybiarz; 10-14-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Yet another bugs update, in hope there will be another update sometime :p

-square button doesent work when you click it for the first time after starting the game. It work properly every next time. The same goes with start button.

-You can not strafe while using analog to move. Strafing does kinda work, but it is extremely slow and it works just as it did'nt

-There should be a gamma correction slider, just as in the jurajstyk version, because game is too dark and it is hard to play it on the go.

Comment

• Multiplayer works really nicely in infrastructure mode, but I can't get adhoc to work, which would be way more practical.

When I start the server on one PSP, the other recognizes the existence of that server but can't connect. Just says "Trying..." and "Still trying..."in the console before aborting and displaying "no response". Now, when I try to start the server on the other PSP after that, the client will not even see the server. I thought the issue was my PSP versions (1004 and 2004) just being incompatible since one can see the other but not vice versa, but apparently that's not the case. When I restart the game on both and then host the server from one PSP, that will be the one that has a visible server until you restart again, no matter which version you choose for this.

Thus far I tried setting both PSPs to the same channel in the network settings, but that didn't help. Does it have anything to do with the 32mb limitation of the 1004, would it even require more resources than infrastructure mode? Could the port have anything to do with it? I left it at the default of 26000 on both, but when connecting the console displays "Set port to 22" on the 1004 and "Set port to 1" on the 2004. Matching that port on the client doesn't change anything.
                              Last edited by boristhesp1der; 02-16-2017, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• I had the same problem with my psp's but I thought it's because of one of them being a complete wreck. So it looks like we have the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X