No announcement yet.

Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Engine + MOD Compilation [Sony PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I just want to thank you for all the work youve done. A few years back i tried to test out which mods i could run on quake using a diff eboot, so to see this happen makes my day! I failed hadd when i did since i have no idea how to code....anyway, out of curiosity, do you think it would be possible to run Malice Quake tc on psp? Or the YPOD quake tc? Also, when i play scourge of armagon, i beat the first episode and then my psp freezes. Is there something i should be doing to optimize it properly in the options?

Comment

• Bump from the dead! Going to continue development on this within the next few weeks. I'll look into getting Malice to run... off the bat I wouldn't think it would be able to, but I'll give it a shot!

Comment

• Alright, thanks alot man. If you need menti playtest it ill try, but i dont have any technical experience to be honest. Do you think YPOD the doom tc would run on it?

Comment

• @dark_duke @grzybiarz Sorry for the double post, wondering if i wanted to test out mods myself would i be able to replace the files of the folders of one of the listed mods? Or would that ruin things?

Comment

• Originally posted by Negronicus View Post
            @dark_duke @grzybiarz Sorry for the double post, wondering if i wanted to test out mods myself would i be able to replace the files of the folders of one of the listed mods? Or would that ruin things?
            You can just dump more mods into the folder! Feel free try any mod (dont need to change the names)

The ones I originally put into this comp were just ones that I had confirmed worked. Many mods I haven't tried that probably work too. The primary stipulation being they must be vanilla Quake compatible, mods that require engines with increased performance limits will not work.

Comment

• So i tested out a bunch of mods..... And failed miserably. Even a 2d side scrolling mod that i thought would work didnt.....raaaaage

Comment

• Be sure to mess around with the memory allocation/heapsize settings! Are you using a PSP Slim or an original PSP Phat?

Comment

• All right I am able to write again. Here are two things I wanted to tell. First, YPOD doesen't work. Every mod that requires any advanced PC port won't work. This port plays only mods for vanilla quake. I think.

Second thing being, I recommed playing at heatsize set to 34 as this lets you play both expansions and the original game, and mods as well. Even some bots.

And I wanted to thank you for comimg back to this project, Dark Duke. Good luck
                  Last edited by Grzybiarz; 03-17-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Hey gryz, ypod doesnt require an advance pc version of quake....its a mod of vanilla quake. Also, i am using a psp slim. Ill try messing around with the settings...

Comment

• I've been trying to start ypod, but it crashes just after the intro animation. Changing heapsize or disabling dynamics lights doesen't help at all. I am using psp slim. I think the problem is just too little memory, of the system. I remember having problem with starting dissolution of eternity expansion pack, so I think it would be almost imposible to run YPOD on psp.

Comment

• dead again?

Comment

• This sounds really cool although it's a bit ironic I've ditched my PSP because it was pretty fun but now I portable game on my Android, 2DS or laptop.

Android although slightly less convenient because I chose a pg-9037 for my Android it does out do the PSP in terms of emulation speed and it has some neat apps like q-touch, d-touch as well as a better snes9x, retroarch and actually Drastic is amazing the touch works better than on a actual DS system. ePSXe is slightly more pickup and play than POPS if all the games you like work on it.

The worst part is either clipping the phone to your controller or finding a lap stand that is competent when compared to just holding a screen with hardware buttons in close proximity. Not a huge fan of having my thumbs on top of the gameplay it really draws me out and makes me realize I'm gaming on a phone and the learning curve of not being able to feel a difference as you hit buttons sucks.

I need to spend more time getting my Quake, DooM and other games setup on android like I did with PSP. Purchasing a $170 phone would probably be more fun at this point than a PSP but it is tempting after hearing about updates to it's ProQuake and the simplicity of hardware buttons built in with the XMB.

Comment

• Any news?

Comment

• Nickelbawker If you're still around and want to play Quake on your Android, I believe there's an Android version of FTE. No need of a PSP emu!
                              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• the pspfte port for android doesnt come with proper controls, either you would need to edit them in the engine, or make a csqc mod that adds them. there is a darkplaces port, it has working controls. its just not named darkplaces. have to look around.

Comment

Working...
                                X