Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul of Evil Reforged

Project died
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-30-2019, 10:52 AM.
    Make Quake Great Again

This looks so official. Good job, Blood!

Comment

Now I'm coming across this problem I've had for a while now. Whenever I try to start a new game in SoE, it gives me an error. Is this a common issue, and if so, what's a good way to fix it? I'm running it on DP btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupara View Post
        Now I'm coming across this problem I've had for a while now. Whenever I try to start a new game in SoE, it gives me an error. Is this a common issue, and if so, what's a good way to fix it? I'm running it on DP btw.
        What's your error? Do you have any screenshot?
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Thank you Blood, and Happy Birthday, Quake!

I'm already playing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
            What's your error? Do you have any screenshot?
            This happens every time for me.

soeerror.jpg

Comment

This happens every time for me.

[ATTACH]2154[/ATTACH]
              Mmmm, it seems its a .ent file related problem. Do you use weather .ent files like rain, snow or other effects included in small mod compilation? Ayway if you encounter that error, just tipe in your console "map soestart" if you want to begin a new soe game, since the start map in soe is called "soestart" and not simply "start" like in vanilla quake
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Mmmm, it seems its a .ent file related problem. Do you use weather .ent files like rain, snow or other effects included in small mod compilation? Ayway if you encounter that error, just tipe in your console "map soestart" if you want to begin a new soe game, since the start map in soe is called "soestart" and not simply "start" like in vanilla quake
                That's what I did. It works, although is there still a way to fix this altogether? Probably requires some simple coding, but I'm willing to take the extra mile for it.

Also, the music pack didn't work. I found out this was because of the file name of the .ogg files in the pk3 you included. They need a 0 in front of their numerical code (for example, "track002"). Giving it the title "track2" will cause the default soundtrack of whatever's in the id1 folder to play instead. Just thought I'd point this out in case someone has this issue in the future.

Comment

That's what I did. It works, although is there still a way to fix this altogether? Probably requires some simple coding, but I'm willing to take the extra mile for it.

Also, the music pack didn't work. I found out this was because of the file name of the .ogg files in the pk3 you included. They need a 0 in front of their numerical code (for example, "track002"). Giving it the title "track2" will cause the default soundtrack of whatever's in the id1 folder to play instead. Just thought I'd point this out in case someone has this issue in the future.
                  Strange, it works perfectly for me. Which Darkplaces version do you use? Anyway try this version I've just uploaded https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v93m4jc4t...-v1.1.pk3?dl=0
                  Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 06-23-2016, 04:36 AM.
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Thank you Blood Vengeance!
                    Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

SOE has one of the best single-player deathmatch modes (named "dmsp") I've seen. It's a bit like survival, but there are a certain number of monsters that spawn.

Comment

Strange, it works perfectly for me. Which Darkplaces version do you use? Anyway try this version I've just uploaded https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v93m4jc4t...-v1.1.pk3?dl=0
                        I actually edited the files myself to include the zeroes at the beginning. It works perfectly. And thanks for updating it for everyone else. The soundtrack fits SoE perfectly.

The only other issue I have with it is merely a nitpick. Some of the songs go silent for a while before looping. Then again, that can easily be fixed by simply cropping out the blank part of the audio file and adjusting it to loop perfectly (unless the quiet pause at the end was intentional).

Other than that, great job on releasing SoE Reforged on Quake's 20th anniversary!

Comment

I actually edited the files myself to include the zeroes at the beginning. It works perfectly. And thanks for updating it for everyone else. The soundtrack fits SoE perfectly.

The only other issue I have with it is merely a nitpick. Some of the songs go silent for a while before looping. Then again, that can easily be fixed by simply cropping out the blank part of the audio file and adjusting it to loop perfectly (unless the quiet pause at the end was intentional).

Other than that, great job on releasing SoE Reforged on Quake's 20th anniversary!
                          I've taken then from youtube
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I've taken then from youtube
                            Ever tried using Audacity? It's great for simple audio editing. Plus, it's free.

Comment

Even if I'm not a skinner since I think the goblin skin is awful I've tried to make a better looking goblin (undecided if keep the grunt helm) for the next version of Soul of Evil Reforged

New version of Soul of Evil Reforged will includes:

- new and much improved RTlights (it will requires DP 2016 build because there are many lights and run quite fast with the DP 2016 build, it's the one who Talisa uploaded on her thread covering the HD definitive collection, I'm really satisfied with the result)
                              - a better skin for the Drake (the green scrag) closer in colour to the original one
                              - skyboxes
                              - some textures fixed/added
                              - a fix for the missing tree model
                              - a new skin for the goblin (the one in the screenshot while not the best skin in the world it greatly outclasses the original skin)

Unfortunately no flame particles like in Soul of Evil Indian Summer
                              Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 03-30-2017, 12:13 PM.
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X