Quake Guy 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@no beard version

Your version has a goatee so, your version needs a goatee, right? Without it, it's just your other version. Your "My vision wasn't good enough" version. Make people like the facial hair concept.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I'm with Gypsy on this one. It's a good enough model to the point where if people don't like the facial hair they can just modify the texture and remove it.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

IMO he should have had some kind of beard all along. I like the goatee, my tastes impress that a big-ass beard would be even better. If the dude doesn't have time to shave then he doesn't have time to shave.

Comment

That's true, man can't shave when he's got his fingers on triggers. Personally, I prefer it without the beard, but only because that's the version I know.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Yeah I feel pretty solid about the beard too, thanks guys. I remember when I drew it, I stood back and thought..."yes". Lol.

I understand it's impossible to make everyone happy, but given how small this community is I'm not against throwing up another version.

Might be awhile though. Working 65 hour weeks and got my head into other projects at the moment. And deer season is right around the corner
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
              if people don't like the facial hair they can just modify the texture and remove it.
              Yeah, uh, not everyone is a texture artist! My area of expertise is more in music. I've only begun learning to map with Trenchbroom but as far as textures and PhotoShop go, I suck major ass.

Thanks Dutch for taking our demands in consideration despite your busy schedule - man, 65 hours?!? When do you live? As Amon said, take your time.
              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by numbersix
                Security drones.

You see drones...I see toclofane.
                Nice! Much better than the Bob model. You made this? You should submit it to Sock as a replacement for the Bob model he borrowed from Quoth.

Comment

Originally posted by numbersix
                  Security drones.

You see drones...I see toclofane.
                  i believe that post should be moved to the 'show us your modeling projects thread' instead of here
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...project-s.html

that thread is specially made for posting 3D-models you made,

this thread is about the quake-guy re-make which dutch made
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

They look great though

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                    Security drones.

Thanks for the info, it dawned on me while I was reading it that although it would be a good challenge to create a vanilla compatible player model, it would drive me crazy exporting to (vertex mangling) .mdl now.
                    I have been spoilt by .md3
                    Whoa...Toclafane.
                    numbersix - Mod DB [_] Six Gaming

Support free code and get credit! - Hint "Pledge 24" comes with extra releases.

Comment

They do. Sock, get in here and have a look!

Comment

Nice work, i like him!

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Looks like my uploaded files expired...apparently FileFactory has a 90 day hosting limit if I don't pay (would have been nice to have known that before making a freaking account...bastards). Looks like the pictures stayed up, though? That's odd.

Either way, I'm not a fan of this file hoster. I'm going to re-upload it and fix the link, but does anyone have a suggestion for a decent file hosting site without paying for it? If I'm gonna pay for it, the money would be better spent buying my own domain and blowing the dust off my HTML/CSS book.

EDIT: Nevermind! I had JavaScript disabled. Couldn't access certain functions on FileFactory. All is well, carry on. Lol. But there is a 90 day expiration, which I may be quickly approaching...we'll see
                            Last edited by Dutch; 10-13-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

google drive

Comment

dropbox is also great. its a free file-host where your files never expire.
                                you get something like 4gb by default and can easily get more by 'referring people' to sign up with a code.

i use it for all my quake- and game-related files that i shared here at quakeone
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X