Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travail - A Quake Journey (some extensions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions @ Seven:

1) Could you maybe provide a "Lite" version of your Travail enhancements for non-DP ports (i.e. without particle effects and external textures/skins, if possible)?
    2) Is it possible to switch to a different upload service with your files? I am unable to download that BB pack, the page loads forever (at least with Firefox - Chrome seems to work). :S I had good experiences with Mega or Dropbox in the past.
    Last edited by NightFright; 10-11-2016, 01:30 AM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
      Is it possible to switch to a different upload service with your files? I am unable to download that BB pack, the page loads forever (at least with Firefox - Chrome seems to work). :S I had good experiences with Mega or Dropbox in the past.
      That's odd, I've experienced the exact opposite: my Firefox never had any problem with Zippyshare (which incidentally also has one of the fastest download speeds I've ever seen on free sites) but Mega consistently refuses to work in it - it keeps on loading forever, as you said. Dropbox is good though.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Two questions @ Seven:

1) Could you maybe provide a "Lite" version of your Travail enhancements for non-DP ports (i.e. without particle effects and external textures/skins, if possible)?
        Aye sir. That would be a very easy task. Leaving out features is always faster than implementing new ones.
        But who would play it ? It would not be authentic both ways I am afraid ...

2) Is it possible to switch to a different upload service with your files? I am unable to download that BB pack, the page loads forever (at least with Firefox - Chrome seems to work). :S I had good experiences with Mega or Dropbox in the past.
        That should be no issue. People can create mirrors as they wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
          But who would play it ?
          Well, I would! xD Because I am using FitzQuake Mk V as my port of choice. I am sure there are other guys out there who prefer vanilla-style ports. I used to run Darkplaces a few years ago as well, but I became a minimalist who wants the classic games to keep their classic looks.
          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Hello NightFright,

Find the engine independent version in the first post of this thread.

Regards,
            Seven

Comment

Thanks a lot, my friendly neighborhood monkey! ^^ Seven for president!
              Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                Yes, yes! Thanks a lot Seven, now even Beyond Belief got his nice particle flames and bugfixes, in near future I'll release another update to Beyond Belief reforged, so I'll add this for sure. About suggestions, well I have a lot, maybe too many, I think the most part of Quake players agree on which ones are the best releases, anyway in my opinion the best options are:

- Coven of ebony
                - Descent
                - Honey
                - Mexx9
                - Necrobrood
                - Nightjourney
                - Operation Ourth Majik (especially previous weapon support, torches appear only in last map before the boss, in the tomb of Ourth Majik)
                - Phantasmal garrison
                - Rapture
                - Soul of evil

Also: Once upon atrocity, At The gates of Midian and Dawn of eternity by Necros all share the same progs.dat? The same for the Alk series released by Shauna Kona Ross
                I Know the one you made for Soe indian summer works well also in Unforgiven since they have the same progs.dat, but does it work for A roman wilderness of pain? Flames disappeared when I've tested them, so I've made something wrong or the progs.dat is different. Also the excellent This Onion by Mike Woodham deserve a nice extension, but there is a bug I don't know if Darkplaces related or possible to fix: When in last map (This Shalloth) you are near the big imp statue and start to have explosions near it, the game slow so much that almost freeze the game.
                Hello Blood Vengeance,

I am sorry, I seem to have overlooked your post.
                To give you some answers:

The next mod I will work on will definitely be Rapture.
                It has an amazing theme. New textures and wonderful maps which even play as a real episode --> Exit of one map is the entrance of next map. I love this in an episode. Oh my... 8 new maps ! And very good ratings at quaddicted.
                People complain about fullbright texture pixels there. They do not seem to know Darkplaces r_fullbrights cvar (not to be confused with r_fullbright !).
                Set it to "0" and all fullbright pixels are gone.

Regarding A roman wilderness of pain:
                I do not know if its mod is based on Drake or SOE2. Please try both *extensions* and see if one is working. I do not know, didnt play it yet. Please also takea look at this timeline.

The other maps I also really didnt play yet, so I cannot say much about them. Most of them are in my folder of maps I want to play in the future though.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions. Rapture will be surely next. What are your feature requests for it ?

Kind regards,
                Seven

Comment

Cool, I haven't played Rapture yet so I'm gonna wait for your release.

Darkplaces r_fullbrights cvar (not to be confused with r_fullbright !).
                  But wouldn't that turn ALL fullbrights off, including light source textures which should remain on? Someone should instead take the time to edit [Kona]'s textures to remove the fullbright pixels manually.

Comment

Hello Blood Vengeance,

I am sorry, I seem to have overlooked your post.
                    To give you some answers:

The next mod I will work on will definitely be Rapture.
                    It has an amazing theme. New textures and wonderful maps which even play as a real episode --> Exit of one map is the entrance of next map. I love this in an episode. Oh my... 8 new maps ! And very good ratings at quaddicted.
                    People complain about fullbright texture pixels there. They do not seem to know Darkplaces r_fullbrights cvar (not to be confused with r_fullbright !).

Regarding A roman wilderness of pain:
                    I do not know if its mod is based on Drake or SOE2. Please try both *extensions* and see if one is working. I do not know, didnt play it yet. Please also takea look at this timeline.

The other maps I also really didnt play yet, so I cannot say much about them. Most of them are in my folder of maps I want to play in the future though.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions. Rapture will be surely next. What are your feature requests for it ?

Kind regards,
                    Seven
                    I'm glad that you like Rapture (I was at 99% sure about this, true masterpiece with great atmosphere). About features: well I'd say the most important ones: footsteps, nail fixes, hd torches, previous/next weapon fix and high quality particles for the few new enemies projectiles
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

About the fullbright pixels, there's a 4-year-old post by Fr3n on the Quaddicted page where he says he has manually edited the textures to remove them. If he's still around and/or someone can get in touch with him, it would be nice to have his edited versions.

What are your feature requests for it ?
                      To expand on Blood Vengeance's reply, it would seem this episode contains liquids and lava, so an adaptation of Pretty Water and New Lava would be nice, too.

Edit: Regarding ARWOP, according to the readme it seems to be based on an expanded version of NSOE2: Tronyn mentions that you can update Indian Summer by copy/pasting ARWOP's pak0, pak1 and progs.dat into the NSOE2 folder.
                      Last edited by Mugwump; 11-03-2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                        About the fullbright pixels, there's a 4-year-old post by Fr3n on the Quaddicted page where he says he has manually edited the textures to remove them. If he's still around and/or someone can get in touch with him, it would be nice to have his edited versions.

To expand on Blood Vengeance's reply, it would seem this episode contains liquids and lava, so an adaptation of Pretty Water and New Lava would be nice, too.

Edit: Regarding ARWOP, according to the readme it seems to be based on an expanded version of NSOE2: Tronyn mentions that you can update Indian Summer by copy/pasting ARWOP's pak0, pak1 and progs.dat into the NSOE2 folder.
                        About liquids and lava that's very easy to do, even an hyper noob like me can do it, and I think I've already done it, let me check my HD, I can upload it here
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                          About liquids and lava that's very easy to do, even an hyper noob like me can do it, and I think I've already done it, let me check my HD, I can upload it here
                          Or better yet, in the new Rapture thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                            Or better yet, in the new Rapture thread.
                            Already uploaded by Seven
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

The lava shader, yes, but not Pretty Water. At least, it's not in the description.

Comment

Hello Blood Vengeance,

Please find both Beyond Belief extension packs below:
                                1.) Engine independent (runs on every Quake engine)
                                2.) Darkplaces specific (needs Darkplaces 20140513 or newer build)

Both have these additions:
                                • added "Previous weapon" (impulse 12) support
                                • player footsteps sounds
                                • corrects nail position for nailguns
                                • entity issue fixed that prevented the player from escaping the spike trap if using a modern engine

The Darkplaces version has these extras:
                                • reworked all existing particle effects and added several new ones (trails, blood, weapon impacts, etc.)
                                • added particle flames / fire instead of polygon flames /fire

DOWNLOAD

Some screenshots from the Darkplaces version:

Everything is possible. If you have suggestions, do not hesitate to ask.
                                Whenever I have the time I will work on new mods.

Best wishes,
                                Seven
                                Please re-upload this dead link.

Greetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X