Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very small contribution

Hi everybody,

first of all i want to thank all makers and bakers here for their outstanding work.
    As i heard lately of the new Episode of Quake 1, i decided to install the Game, which i haven't played for more than 15 years now.
    Doing so, i had the idea: hey, why not looking for some graphics improvements.
    So here i ended up - and wow!
    It took me about two weeks, to set up my game with all that fancy stuff, to get the files from posts being years old, many links dead here but alive somewhere else, learning how to get all together, altering pk3 files to my liking.

As i have now my perfect Setup, thanks to many, but especially to Lord Havoc with his sophisticated Darkplaces client, QRP for their wonderful graphical improvements and of course Seven with his great SMC enhancement and talisa, who's definitive hd replacement thread was the first in google when i started searching and got me started in the first place.

Not to forget all the others with their models, maps, lightnings,
    too many names i can't recall from the intensive quest getting all files together.

As i am really taken by all that effort i feel like giving back a little contribution, files i made for myself these days. As i'm not capable of doing such sophisticated work found here, i do as i can:

1. Some Skies:

http://imgur.com/a/VNy9B
    to be downloaded here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52376072/quakeone/Q1-Skies_pHine4s.7z

I used these images as upper layer:
    Tileable Classic Nebula Space Patterns WebTreats ETC

my config:
    "r_skyscroll1" "0.085"
    "r_skyscroll2" "0.35"

2. I'm using QRP for my world textures. I also use the QRP item textures, but not the HUD model included. Here i like SEVENs transparent HUD.
    As i'm also using the very nice armor model by makkE (mentioned by Seven here), i wanted the correct armor icons, which are not provided in this file.
    I also like the menu plates made by QRP much more, as i find they fit perfect to the design, the metal ones (by Moon[Drunk] if i'm right?) are too much Quake 2 style for my taste. Here i altered the qplate.tga according to base game and the mission packs.
    Files can be seen here,
    this is the Transparent HUD makkE armor icons DOWNLOAD,
    this is the QRP qplate variations DOWNLOAD

Best regards,
    pHine4s

UPDATE 19-06-2017: Download Links refreshed
    Last edited by phineas; 06-19-2017, 11:45 AM. Reason: Download Link Update

Always nice to see new contributions!

Comment

Thanks, I like a lot those skies, I'm sure that we'll find a good use for them, especially in custom maps
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

nice work, i like those plaques

also, in regards to icons for the armor by makke:
        seven DID ACTUALLY MAKE icons for makke's armor, which he included with the SMC

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

you can find them in the 00 custom HUD\new HUD icons+textures+models folder inside the SMC rar

EDIT:
        ive added all your creations to the list over at the 'definitive replacement content' thread
        Last edited by talisa; 09-09-2016, 05:10 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          seven DID ACTUALLY MAKE icons for makke's armor, which he included with the SMC
          Indeed, there they are!
          I just realised, that the HUD download i used links to a much older file, didn't get that. Going to replace older files. As i said: I jumped in a pool of files here ...

Besides:
          Made a minor update to the hipnotic qplate

Comment

nice skys!!!! you should try and do a stary teleport. great work way better then i have ever done

Comment

Agreed, skies are sweet. They look very lovecrafty
              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONE View Post
                nice skys!!!! you should try and do a stary teleport. great work way better then i have ever done
                Thx a lot!
                Hmm, a stary teleport - let me figure out how first ...
                I'll sure have look into this.

Comment

Working...
                X