Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New faithful weapon rework by Dwere (Da Werecat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New faithful weapon rework by Dwere (Da Werecat)

Hello,

Due to the fact that Dwere is not visiting quakeone.com, I want to spread the word that he just released his complete weapon pack.

As some of you know, Quake weapons are not symmetrical, have bad texture alignment, size errors and other issues/glitches. There have been a project that aimed to fix all that already: Orions Debug Models but Dwere had the motivation to make them all new and came up with an amazing result.

Not only view and world weapons are reworked, also projectiles are redone.

Most impressive are the reworks of these models in my humble opinion:
    - axe
    - supershotgun
    - rocket launcher
    - lightning gun
    - grenade projectile

The download link is in post #1438 on this page.

I like it so much that I made comparism screenshots so it is easier to compare them with the original models side by side as well as some gif´s:

Please click on the thumbnails to see them in fullsize (upper is original, lower is reworked):

Some gifs:

I like the new models for lightning gun and super shogun but can't see any diffirence in regular shogun model. New projectiles looks amazing.

Does it work on vanilla quake?

Comment

Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
      I like the new models for lightning gun and super shogun but can't see any diffirence in regular shogun model. New projectiles looks amazing.

Does it work on vanilla quake?
      look at the animated gif's, if you still don't see the differences plz see an optometrist asap (jokingly).

About vanilla quake, I bet they do. It would be like shooting yourself in the foot if it was only compatible with any one particular engine.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Remember how the vanilla shotty had the upper edge of its muzzle all oblique? Well among other fixes, you won't have that with this one.
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

I tried it on vanilla/psp version of quake. It works ok, but for some reason, it makes intro demo not to appear. When i played, i started to like new nailgun model and the fact that smoth models movement doesent make fire to go betwen barrels, like in the original one. I wont play with that mod, because i am purist, but i am sure there will be many players who will.

Comment

Subtle but very effective. I like this a lot.
            Soundtracks and Instrumentals
            MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

ah its nice to see Dwere finished his reworked weapon-models
              i like the subtle improvements and fixed and small added details of them

ill definitely be adding these to my retro setup ^^

they fit in perfectly along-side the authentic-improved monster-models

ive also added a link to here to my 'definitive replacement content' thread
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
                I tried it on vanilla/psp version of quake. It works ok, but for some reason, it makes intro demo not to appear.
                I reported the issue to Dwere @ Func_Msgboard, he said he would take care of it.

Edit: Wow! Already fixed! Dwere's weapon pack v1.2

Fixes:
                - Restored the startup demo sequence.
                - Brought back the nozzles that were removed from the barrel tips of the nailgun (view model).
                - Fixed fullbright seams on the view model of the super nailgun.
                Last edited by Mugwump; 09-25-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

These are really good! SNG and SSG look amazing
                  'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

My favs are the RL and LG.

Comment

For my taste, the SSG and SNG are deviating a bit too much from the originals. The LG is a borderline edit, I would say. Changes for the rest of the weapons are OK and can actually count as improvements.

Personally, for me to use this, SSG and SNG would need to be reworked. Also, the prox gun for SOA and the lava nail/super rocket weapons from DOE are missing to make it truly complete.
                      Authentic Models Pack
                      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                        Also, the prox gun for SOA and the lava nail/super rocket weapons from DOE are missing to make it truly complete.
                        Talisa took care of these by retexturing Dwere's weapons. I thought she had posted a DL link in her "definitive replacement" list but I don't see it right now.

Comment

@nightfright
                          as BFG66 stated, i made versions of Dwere's weapons for hipnotic AND rogue:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post169493
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I just realized now that you had already posted these earlier on. Thanks a lot!

BTW: Dwere just published v2.0 of his weapons pack with a few improvements (I used the version from the "gl" directories for my improvement packs since they seem to be more enhanced).
                            Last edited by NightFright; 10-10-2016, 08:56 AM.
                            Authentic Models Pack
                            OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                            LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

quakeworld/ezquake install?

I need help. Im wondering if it is possible to install these onto ezquake, a quakeworld client. It can take mods, but I haven't found out how to get it to pick up this one. Any help?

Comment

Working...
                              X