Drole high resolution skin by Robert Sinclair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drole high resolution skin by Robert Sinclair

Someone on Facebook group (The name of the group is Quake Universe if you want to join) called Robert Sinclair uploaded an high resolution skin for the Drole, even if a bit different in colors he truly made an awesome work, so with his permission I've uploaded it here, showing it in game (gloss and norm are made by me)

Skin 1

Skin 2

Download link for first skin:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr731iy21f...clair.pk3?dl=0

Download link for alternative skin:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dod9kz422p...clair.pk3?dl=0

I've done a third skin, not very good but someone may like it, you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovcyoxucml...eance.pk3?dl=0

Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 10-11-2016, 02:11 PM.
    Make Quake Great Again

really nice work!

i like the second (first is too saturated)
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I absolutely looooove these HD skins <3

ill add them both to my thread with HD stuff for drake
      Last edited by talisa; 10-11-2016, 12:21 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Cool, thanks for the heads-up! I agree with Nahuel that #2 looks better. Droles are still ugly AF but now their ugliness is pretty...
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post

I absolutely looooove these HD skins <3

ill add them both to my thread with HD stuff for drake
          Thanks talisa that means a lot i really like your work too.

Comment

Added a third skin made by me with colors more similar to the original version
            Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 10-11-2016, 02:11 PM.
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
              Added a third skin made by me with colors more similar to the original version
              Looks good i'm about to check it in game so i can see that glossy bumpy goodness.

Comment

It gets better results with RTlights, unfortunately quoth maps are too big to have a decent framerate and RTlights at the same time, I've only added a light with the editor to better show the result
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by quadrocket View Post
                  Thanks talisa that means a lot i really like your work too.
                  oh you're robert sinclair?
                  if so, you're very welcome, i absolutely adore your drole skin, its gorgeous <3

also thanx a lot, glad to hear you enjoy my models and textures

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                  unfortunately quoth maps are too big to have a decent framerate and RTlights at the same time
                  in regards to gloss and normals... you can always turn on RT Dlights.
                  you will see the gloss and normals for a moment when explosions happen near the monsters,
                  when a rocket flies past them, or when they are standing near a source of light like a torch
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

or you can turn on the quad cheat an your glow will make the bumps stand out
                    Last edited by quadrocket; 10-12-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X