Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapture (some extensions and fixes)

Hello Quakers,

Rapture is among the TOP Quake maps/episodes.
    It brings 9 new maps wich are combined into 1 successive episode. You will face new enemies, have some new weapons and features. It was released in 2001 by [Kona] & Tronyn. It uses fantastic new textures Daikatana and Hexen II.

The theme is medieval and has some amazing structures, castles and architecture. The lighting is really impressive. Please find some screenshots below.

To bring this unique Quake experience to new players or make elder Quakers play it again, I added some features and fixed some bugs which the community complained about. The new features do not change the gameplay but aims to increase the overall atmosphere:
    • fixed custom lava that did not hurt the player (now it burns, baby ;-)
    • fixed lasergun view model
    • added shellcasing ejects for both shotgun-types
    • added custom particle effects to 4 Barons
    • added footstep sounds
    • added swim / waterwading sounds
    • fixed nail position for both nailguns
    • reworked all existing particle effects and added several new ones (trails, blood, weapon impacts, etc.)
    • added particle flames / fire instead of polygon flames /fire

I also added some optional lava shaders for the 3 rapture custom lava textures.

DOWNLOAD

You should really play this campaign if you didnt do it yet. Have fun with Rapture.

Best wishes,
    Seven

I only wanted to post a few screenshots, but could not decide which ones. I love them all and they really show how amazing this episode is. So please excuse the big amount.

Too much........awesomeness!! Thank you Seven

Here's a link for the Hd Texture pack for Rapture (some texture are missing, but it covers about 90% of the texture used) https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ztxgj8rzo...-V1.0.pk3?dl=0

Normal maps are being worked on, same for RTlights
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 11-05-2016, 01:21 PM.
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Any chance to make a version that isn't DP specific? also, anyone else notice a missing pixel in the rock texture on the first level?

Comment

Yeah, [Kona's] textures have some fullbright pixels issues. Fr3n fixed these textures a few years ago but I have no idea if he ever shared them. They're easy to fix in TexMex but it would be less of a hassle if someone could get their hands on Fr3n's version...
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
          Here's a link for the Hd Texture pack for Rapture (some texture are missing, but it covers about 90% of the texture used)
          Hello Blood Vengeance,

Great job on texture research for the compilation !
          But many of them are quite different to the original ones and therefore maps look a bit like a patchwork. High resolution textures are great and all, but if they do not follow the original ones well, maps will look quite differentand not consistent. I personally prefer the original textures. But that is of course just a personal opinion and no universal judgement.

There is also an issue with your bricklava replacement:

The original texture has no second borders.

Originally posted by Legend View Post
          Any chance to make a version that isn't DP specific? also, anyone else notice a missing pixel in the rock texture on the first level?
          Hello Legend,

What would be the benefit ?
          If you prefer a retro look, you can have this in Darkplaces as well. Thanks to hgsz´s shader.
          You will also not have the important bug fixes:
          - lava not hurting the player
          - rare fullbright texture pixels

When using this mod extension you will on top have all the Darkplaces advantages (lighting, etc.) and no resrictions/disadvantages. At least in my opionion. You can have multiple Quake installations/setups, so it should be not much problem to have a small dp setup for rapture.
          Half of the additional features are using engine extensions anyway, so...

A lot of people already downloaded this mod extension, so I am satisfied. Giving no feedback is already no suprise for me. The Quake community is like this. "Download and Go" without giving shit or any kind of feedback/appreciation is the way to go nowadays...

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
          Yeah, [Kona's] textures have some fullbright pixels issues. Fr3n fixed these textures a few years ago but I have no idea if he ever shared them. They're easy to fix in TexMex but it would be less of a hassle if someone could get their hands on Fr3n's version...
          Hello bfg666,

Did you already play the episode ?
          You will see that it is max. a handful of textures which have fullbright pixels. 75% of the time you will see them is due to cavern2 texture. The other 3 or 4 are very seldom. You will not see fullbright pixels often in rapture.
          Fixing those handful textures takes even less time than writing in several threads about them

Have fun with this amazing episode,
          Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
            Hello Blood Vengeance,

Great job on texture research for the compilation !
            But many of them are quite different to the original ones and therefore maps look a bit like a patchwork. High resolution textures are great and all, but if they do not follow the original ones well, maps will look quite differentand not consistent. I personally prefer the original textures. But that is of course just a personal opinion and no universal judgement.

There is also an issue with your bricklava replacement:

The original texture has no second borders.

Seven
            Textures were made by Talisa not me (for Unforgiven), I don't have the skills to make texture (eheheh). Don't know if this has to do with the textures used in the map, anywa this is a beta version and probably will remains in a beta status. Which setup are you using in your screenshots? I like a lot those lights, are LIT files?
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
              Did you already play the episode ?
              Not yet, it's on my to-do list, but I've played a few maps by [Kona] and they also have this issue.

"Download and Go" without giving shit or any kind of feedback/appreciation is the way to go nowadays...
              That's the internet generation, baby! Instant gratification followed by instant forgetting. In James Hetfield's words: "Sad but truuuuuuuue!"
              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Working...
              X