Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Replacement Player Models' Project

INTRODUCTION:

The Replacement Player Models (RPM) project brings new player characters to Quake, and will be an ongoing project. As new characters are completed, this post will be updated to provide details, pictures, and a download link. This project unofficially started with Quake Guy 2016, an updated model of id Software's original player model. All models are made to correctly accept the original shirt and pants colors (i.e. the textures adhere to the original Quake palette), and they are all under 2000 vertices, meaning they are QuakeSpasm compliant. They are made to drop right into standard Quake, no modifications necessary. However, extra assets are always provided in case modders wish to add their own alterations to them and incorporate them into a mod.

UPDATE LOG:

Feb 18, 2017

Along with Quake Guy 2016 (now simply called 'Ranger'), this first installment of the RPM project also includes Katria, a female character for all the lady Quakers and the guys who dig girls with guns. Details below.

CHARACTERS:

Ranger

A highly respected and well decorated marine in the Slipgate Ranger special forces division, his real name is known to few. Simply dubbed as the 'Ranger', he was crossed off as dead after the first Slipgate Affair. Upon defeating Shub-Niggurath in her hellish pit, he traversed several dozen dimensions, vanquishing evil and aiding the innocent, until he at last found a return portal to Earth. Years of combat with arcane beings and worshippers of the occult have given him a hardened character of true grit, so you can bet your ass he'll be the first to jump back in the action when all hell breaks loose...again.

Katria
    A former spy for the USSR's top espionage agency, Katria made a would-be fatal slip getting caught after infiltrating a top-secret United States military installation. However, her skill-set and rather obvious distaste for the Kremlin gained her favor with her captors, and her death sentence was delayed as top brass mulled over whether or not to recruit her as a valuable asset. Once Shub-Niggurath's invasion began, however, she was cleared of all charges and transferred to the Slipgate Ranger division, where she proved to be one of the most lethal combatants against our other-worldly foes. With international tensions subsiding in response to a greater, unifying threat, her past was quickly forgotten as her comrades and superiors came to rely on her time and time again.

That's it for now, have fun and keep fragging, Quakers!
    Last edited by Dutch; 02-19-2017, 01:14 AM.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

That's really good. Would you be interested in completing my armored demon? The topology is really clean and it is currently mirrored + vertex groups + unwrapped + uv mapped so-so.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

awesome, i absolutely looooove your female player model <3

you should totally make a version of her with w_weapons, just like the player-model from ruohis has.
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...yer-model.html

the SMC supports w_weps and it would be awesome if you would make her usable with that
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Idea:
        Why not make a junior officer kind of guy!(not because my mod proect has that kind of character)

Backstory goes like he joined one year before Ranger fought hell and then add your stuff to it.
        Dude,lets party!
        Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

@gypsy

thanks bro, and yeah I'm up for working on your demon! What kind of a texture are you looking for? RGB or Quake-palette? I feel fairly confident in both at this point...

@talisa

I'm really glad you like her, thanks! As far as the w_weapons version...what does that entail? I tried downloading ruohis' w_weapon model but it looks like it's broken link. Sounds to me like it's a weaponless model, as the weapon models are attached in the engine?

@ijazz

Well, anything can go at the moment...not sure what's next. Sarge from Quake 3 is one of my favorites, and Hoffman from Gears of War is very similar and also my favorite from that game, so I might make a character that pulls traits from these 2 characters. Also on the table is a playable Death Knight, a defector of the elder world that has joined forces with humanity.

But I do like the idea of a young, cocky, trigger-happy JO with a snarky attitude.

Comment

@dutch

w_weapons means that there are multiple copies of the player-model which each wield each of quake's weapons,
            meaning that the player-model will actually be holding the weapon the player has equipped when for example looking in a mirror or in multiplayer

what im talking about is in the same vein as trickle's vweps

for the SMC, each version of the player holding each weapon are called accordingly:

player_shot.mdl - shotgun

player_shot2.mdl - supershotgun

player_nail.mdl - nailgun

player_nail2.mdl - supernailgun

player_rock.mdl - grenadelauncher

player_rock2.mdl - rocketlauncher

player_light.mdl - lightning-gun

they are all copies of the regular player-model with the exact same animations as the normal player-model,
            with the only difference that for each version the weapon-model the player-model is wielding is swapped out
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Nice model bro, and That happened with the idea of my drawing for the model, they discarded it. Well no problem but would be a very good idea if there was a good multiplayer with multiple and different models of players, do not believe it.

It would be good that on FFA1 servers, FFA! And or rune quake we would be playing with different models of players what do you say?

Comment

Awesome models! It looks very refreshed and smooth. How do you play Quake on Windows 10? I have not installed that yet after the update.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

@kwejko

I'm not sure about Windows 10...I'm sure a modern engine will operate just fine. I'm actually rocking it old school with Windows xp lol

@talisa

Got it, thanks. Yeah that's something I might be interested in....definitely doing it for the MP mod I'm making, but the weapons are a little different. Once I get a workflow, it shouldn't be difficult to do the original weapons.

Comment

would absolutely loooove if you did a version of your female player with v_weps

also just in general id love a version of her wielding a supershotgun

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      also just in general id love a version of her wielding a supershotgun
                      That one will definitely happen! The shotguns, launchers, and thunderbolt will remain. I'm replacing the nailguns with rifles (a levergun and an AR-type rifle). I never did like the nailguns as weapons...they work in singleplayer fine but they are less than useless in DM. So all I'd have to do to make a full package of vanilla weapon player models is do the nailguns, which shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

maybe you could ask Dwere (Da Werecat) if you could use his reworked weapon-models for v_weps on your models

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...a-werecat.html

personally think his reworked weapons look gorgeous

and even though some may not like it i also love his remake of the grenade-launcher,
                        it actually looks like a grenade-launcher & imo looks so much better than goofy 'pipe with handles' from regular quake

Comment

@kwejko
                          I played Quake on Windows 8,8.1 and now 10.Still gamin.
                          Dude,lets party!
                          Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

This is awesome! I wish the Goldeneye community could/would do this
                            Best FPS's of All-Time: Quake, Goldeneye, Half-Life
                            https://www.LFGdating.com

Comment

Originally posted by bgf0302 View Post
                              This is awesome! I wish the Goldeneye community could/would do this
                              Thanks! Man, I haven't played goldeneye in a looong time. That was a fun game. I loved paintball mode lol

Comment

Working...
                              X