No announcement yet.

New Q1SP: The End of Solace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured I would post the Quake Grave episode for the map in case anyone was interested!

Comment

ArrrCee - you found a decent amount of secrets dude... a milestone. 8-P
      Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Nice quake grave episode ArrrCee! It's fun watching someone else's experience after having already played through it. Btw, you can double the shambler count on hard mode haha. That clipping issue you had at the shortcut teleport is odd...didn't happen to me. Are you using QuakeSpasm? If not, could be a difference in the way the engine handles collision, the spikes blocking the teleport are an odd shape for BSP and might have done something odd...
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

dumptruck_ds It really is a milestone, break out the champagne!

Dutch Thanks Dutch! Yea, I'm using the newest release of Quakespasm from the Forgotten Sepulcher release. Not sure what was going on there.

Comment

No that was actually introduced by the stupid mapper late in development! The "bug" is that there was no message on Arrcee's playthru. It's supposed to ask you: "Explore?"

More info on that copy and pasted from func_msgboard here:

Hey Arrrcee. Thanks for playing the map! What source port do you use to play your maps? There seems to be a bug that occurs on that smaller teleporter across from the larger Stargate looking exit. When you approach the teleporter there should be a message that says: "Explore?" The message should go away when you hit the button and lower the spikes blocking the teleporter.

I obviously messed this section up though. You definitely will not be able to enter that little teleporter until the spikes lower on the main exit. Weird that the "Explore" message didn't trigger for you though. I've seen one other instance of this but it works for me.
            Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Working...
            X