Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shub Niggurath 'Old One' Next-Gen Model for Dark Places

Shub Niggurath High Res Model

I got bored recently, and the Duke scene is dead for modelling so I decided to do some Quake stuff.

So I made an Old One model for Dark Places.

I've also released blender source files and a high(er)-res version for modern engines with PBR metallic materials.

There are the standard animations for Quake and I have done two extra animations for those who want to experiment. An attack animation and a crawling one (that will liven up your mod!)

Dark Places version (MD3)
    https://github.com/te4monster/classi...se_blender2.76

Next Gen Version with PBR materials for modern games
    https://github.com/te4monster/classi..._PBR_Materials

Dark Places version:

PBR version:

Blender Sources
    https://github.com/te4monster/classi...Shub_Niggurath

Finished article is a masterpeice. thats what I call Shubby-chic! great work TM. truly...

Comment

Thank you! It was fun to make.

Comment

That guy looks scary!

A really nice job, GG!
        Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Cheers! Hoping someone uses him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
            Cheers! Hoping someone uses him.
            i totally will, this shub looks frigging great!

up untill now i've been using an abandoned work-in-progress HD shub by ruohis,
            which i had created custom materials (norm, gloss & luma) for myself

this shub looks a hell of a lot better, ill definitely be using it in my HD quake setup <3
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks Talisa!

I had a copy of that Shubby someone sent me but I didn't know who did it or where it came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                Thanks Talisa!

I had a copy of that Shubby someone sent me but I didn't know who did it or where it came from.
                yeah that model was made by ruohis back a couple years ago, when also made the player, grunt, spawn, fish, scrag.
                he never officially released it cuz it was still a work-in-progress.

ruohis did at one point release a giant zip with all of his works-in-progress models when he decided to suddenly leave the community, which contained the model.
                though iirc i actually got this particular version of the model from seven, who actually set it up to be usable in darkplaces?

also ugh i see the spam-bots issue is still very much a thing here at quakeone

its kinda impressive though how fancy and sophicated these spam-bots have become,
                their posts alllllllllmost seem like real posts at first glance... untill you actually read them and notice the things talked about dont even have anything to do with the thread and the grammar is kinda shoddy
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Almost like it's someone's coding project to ape AI features. It's weird. There was a site I was on a while back that got overrun with them. They actually started to reply to each other. All the humans decamped to other places as the mods didn't seem to care any more and the bots were just 'chatting' to each other. Very creepy actually.

Comment

Oldone looks great in Game TM. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you! Glad to see someone using him!

Comment

Tea Monster, thank you so much! Another astonishing model for elder and immortal world!

Comment

Im new, how can i install it in darkplaces? Just copy md3 to id1?

Comment

Hello mandaryn,

DarkPlaces is a very modification friendly engine.
                            The file you downloaded is named oldone.mdl (if its named oldone.md3 just rename it to oldone.mdl).

Now you only have to put it into your mod folder.
                            To not complicate things, lets say its your id1 folder.

Create a subfolder called progs inside your id1 folder and put oldone.mdl in there.
                            Next time you start Quake it will automatically be used.

Have fun,
                            Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              Hello mandaryn,

DarkPlaces is a very modification friendly engine.
                              The file you downloaded is named oldone.mdl (if its named oldone.md3 just rename it to oldone.mdl).

Now you only have to put it into your mod folder.
                              To not complicate things, lets say its your id1 folder.

Create a subfolder called progs inside your id1 folder and put oldone.mdl in there.
                              Next time you start Quake it will automatically be used.

Have fun,
                              Seven
                              https://github.com/te4monster/classi...se_blender2.76
                              I should download oldone_tm_r1.zip or shubby.md3?

Comment

Working...
                              X