disdm4: City of Sin - New DM level by distrans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disdm4: City of Sin - New DM level by distrans

Hey there, whilst chasing inspiration for the finale to Grendel's Keep I decided to get amongst the Kingpin textures I'd been drooling over for years. Here's the outcome disdm4: City of Sin. I think it'll play well 2v2, maybe even 4v4, but why not try it and let me know here.

http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...aps/disdm4.zip

Hello fine sir and Quake map-maker emeritus. I'm glad you've produced another work of fine quality and I am posting to express my support in you and your body of work, even without trying the map.

/Travail on!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

oh yeah, this map is awesome

Comment

The map looks sweet, great textures!

However, in terms of game-play, i don't think it will ever be my favorite map

edit:
        this map can be played on the EUROQUAKE server for those who'd like to try it on-line..

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far, and =peg= you're a champion for getting it up somewhere so quick. The gameplay was always going to be "interesting" with this one, what I'd really like is feedback from some team on team sessions as well as the general stuff.

I think the next DM level will see me calling for input from dedicated players right at the drawing board stage. I'd love to work with three or four good players from the start, through blockout, routing, and item placement. Once that's done I'm good for the theme, detail and texturing.

In the meantime, I await feedback on this 'un...how else am I to improve?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to look at this released version yet. Where did you end up putting the lightning gun?
            16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
            16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Already commented privately, but I think distrans' DM level is awesome.
              Very well detailed, texture selection and usage is very good, lightning effect are very smooth... I don't know whether you have put this level in a server in order to play with QW players, and test the map a little bit further... Maybe you should consider to post the map on QuakeWorld.nu - Your portal to everything Quake! ... though...

Anyway, again a very good release.. Keep it up !
              What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

the old time looking safe is a nice touch
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

excellent map! My only suggestion would be to put clip brushes on the ledge on the opposite side of the clock. It's rather easy to get hung up where the window sticks out.

Comment

Working...
                  X