Quake Injector Alpha2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Injector Alpha2

I am proud to announce the next release of the Quake Injector.
    megaman was busy like a bee, Starbuck made an amazing icon and apart from pestering those two I worked on the database.

A new version of:
    The Quake Injector is a tool to download, install and play Quake singleplayer maps from the Quaddicted.com archive. Ever been annoyed by an excruciating installation process? Could not figure out how to install a certain map? Well, this tool makes it a piece of cake. Simply pick the map and click Install.

New:
    -Scan your Quake directory for already existing maps and mods
    -More stable and safe, less bugs
    -Icon by the graphical genius Starbuck
    -Rating is shown with golden stars
    -Progressbars for anything downloading
    -Better engine config dialog
    -Window that shows you the engine output
    -Links open in browser
    -Downloads are stored locally
    -Uses a custom user-agent when downloading
    -Conflict handling

Homepage: Quake Injector < Projects < haukerehfeld.de
    Download: http://haukerehfeld.de/projects/quak...tor-alpha2.zip
    Quaddicted Newspost: Quake Injector Alpha2
    Last edited by Spirit; 07-12-2010, 06:38 AM.
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Aw man! Just when I thought I had finally mastered the old one, you go and change everything!

Now what am I going to do? All my knowledge is obsoleted!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

On a more serious note ... this page needs a big phat "Download Quake Injector" button at the top.

Quake Injector < Projects < haukerehfeld.de

When I view that page, it is so not clear as to how I download it and there is not an obvious download link.

For real.

Megaman (I am assuming ...) needs to make somewhere near the top a big "Download Quake Injector 2" button near the top of the page. I viewed the page in FireFox 3.6.6 ... so if it is using uber-fancy DHTML 2.0 maybe such a button is supposed to be there and I'm just not seeing it.

Your average user will already know what the Quake Injector does and have one and only one goal: download it. I shouldn't have to scroll to find it with some highlighted text that is in between other several other highlighted texts.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thank you spirit !

This little proggi makes our life much easier.

Best wishes,
        Seven

Comment

Woah! THat's very nice!
          The detection software is fantastic- good interface too, I immediately could guess where the necesssary prompts would be to allow the program to find the Quake Folder (and the DOWNLOAD folder too!), which all worked pretty well.
          I'm not quite sure where the information regarding Quake files in the Download folder is yet, haven't got to that yet. and it's SOO easier now that my existing mods and maps are now listed.

I'd only have three suggestions (mostly user-interface):
          1- two separate indicators for Downloaded and Installed maps. I was thinking, the tickbox only for ALL quake files detected- but files listed as installed are actually highlighted across the tab (eg dark blue, maybe shaded).
          2- Any additional notes come up in search criteria (eg maps that require a certain mod to play, is also mentioned on the main list- I've typed in Quoth but only a fraction of Quoth mods came up! If it's possible, have the "requires" bit on the info page also be read by the list as another search criteria.
          3- a hide function with any criteria (eg searchable criteria, as well as already downloaded, requires a mod or expansion I don't have, or cuts off at certain ratings). Using checkboxes and multiple criterea so it can be tweaked. This would be important because the lists are REALLY big.

A really extravagant (but very nice) feature would be any gameplay criteria, monsters used (new ones present?), map themes, keywords etc (eg egypt map).
          Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
          Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
          X