Q1SP: VeniVidiFuzzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q1SP: VeniVidiFuzzi

Hey, pleased to announce you my new Quake1 map "VeniVidiFuzzi"!
    It is a Single player map, but has a attitude to cooperative and deathmatch.
    Although I prefer it as a singleplayer map.

It is a rather large map, so I advice Fitzquake85 or Aguire's GlQuake.
    There are some new monsters like Q3 Skeleton converted to Q1, some crosbowknight and an end boss Granito.
    Map is in Greece stile flavoured with Hexen2wad textures.
    My small tribute to the QAnniverse2010!

For downloads see FuncMsg:
    Func_Msgboard: New Q1 Map "VeniVidiFuzzi".

Last edited by Madfox; 08-01-2010, 09:37 PM.

I know I'm wanting to play this one. Mostly to see the stone monster in action that you've posted about in the past.

Anyways, as I am a believer in media-rich content as I play this release I'm sure to make some "spoiler" screenshots for the news. A little extra enticement to induce players to give something worthy a try. I'm sure you've been working on this map and the supporting cast of monsters a couple years.

(I'd also encourage you to release the source so it can be rolled into Universal Server support. Next chance I get [which won't be until after ProQuake reaches 5.0], Universal Server will have Zerstorer and The Lost Chapters support. Universal Server not only runs for NetQuake, it is Quakeworld compatible as well at least with the latest FTEQW server builds. Anyways, I digress ... you've put a ton of creative effort into this single player release --- like usual.)
    Last edited by Baker; 08-02-2010, 05:40 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hi Madfox,

Thank you VERY much for this map !
      Just like Baker said: It must have cost you a lot of time and effort to create it.
      With all those nice little extras (monsters, textures, ...)
      Everybody knows what pain in the a.. it is to make new moving models in Quake.

I LOVE Hexen2 / Greece / Gothic style flavor.
      So this is definitely something for me.
      Its good to see, that talented mappers are still developing new high quality maps.

Best wishes,
      Seven

Comment

Impressive ! Very detailed, consistent, and fun to play. A must.

Congrats.
        engine: quore.free.fr

Comment

Well.., let's not talk about the work but the joy!

After two years of work I realized I couldn't compress the map in one release without getting warnings, and uhm.., I hate warnings. So I started again from scratch and got myself a cosmic debree.
          Nevertheless, it worked out fine.

Finally I wanted to add more monsters, like the Serpent I made from the first QuakeTest, in a better way, and a deathknight, yes, a walking zombieknight.
          Then the max_eddicts started rinkling again, and as I made tons of variants I was left with a blown lucide headshot that told me one of us (map or me) had to die.
          Therefore I released it.

These will be released probably with QuakeRemake.
          The qc hasn't been suplied, as there are different versions of Granito.
          But I will surely add them if you can use them.

I would apreciate to see demo's, you can compress them with dZip or7zip.

Last edited by Madfox; 08-02-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Had to do quite a bit of thinking to figure out how to get from point A to point B from time to time. The map is rather large and it is somewhat surprising that such a large map isn't limit breaking (quite an achievement really).

Those large brush models that serve as railing near the main river manage to defeat aguirRe's bbox model fix. I ended up playing around and finally fixing the bbox min/max in ProQuake just because of this map.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I reviewed this at func. It is a nice map, but could be even nicer with more non-combat gameplay elements, like traps, puzzles, ladders, buttons and levers, breakables etc. and a bit more variation in details. Skill 0 wasn't really very easy, it's actually way off. Item placement wasn't ideal.

It deserves to be played, though.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

The map was made after a giant crashout, so I knew where to take care for.
                Strangely enough I only had to replace one brush and my 32768 clipnodes rang.
                The peirce of waterbreaking you saw in the castleround was such an example.
                Indeed, the map isn't linear, things like shutting of the streetround waters could have make it more straight.
                I haven't tried it out in other engines, in fact I got so bored of Quarks vieuw screen freezing, I took another computer to check my textures.

I know there could have been much more things, moving_water was my goal, but as i said earlier, it can be hard to start a map after two years compiling.
                Account of that I made another two years, and not that I'm complaining.
                But there's a change when one's admire of the possibilty of a map falls over the continuity to make it happen..,
                or something like that.

Comment

Update:

This single player release has join the ranks of QuakeC open source single Quake player releases like Zerstorer, Nehahra, OUM, NSOE, The Lost Chapters, Hipnotic, Rogue, and such. Making it far more likely it will eventually be available for coop servers online.

Comment

OMG! Paranoid Android.
                    So.., chance is Bones is knocking on my server!
                    And I'm only a singleplayer on a closed system, ha!

Made an album with some pix.

http://quakeone.com/members/madfox/a...venividifuzzi/
                    Last edited by Madfox; 08-13-2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I liked it. The new monsters were a definite seller. It had a really immersive environment and I like the mapping style which is reminiscent of a cross between Quake and Hexen II. The bones and crossknights seemed right at home there, it was a great match for them. The QuakeC efforts here really stand out, you've done a fantastic job with them.

The gameplay seemed rather strightforward and not too confusing. I liked the fact that there were SO MANY THINGS TO KILL

That said, a few things: The map is HUGE. My FPS was really stretched in quite a few places. Big, open areas and long vis areas = ouches. Consider blocking some of those when you can in the future, it really helps out a lot - although I know it's hard when you have an idea mapped out in your head (and it's linear) - to try to get it down without breaking the flow.

This is a keeper. Good work, man

Comment

Great you enjoyed the level, enki!

This is my first map I could make without a surrounding box.
                        I also succeeded to stay under the 32767 clipnodes, which marks the map without warnings. By making the map twice I already knew what I wanted.
                        So the downpart I could add was only possible by grid-fitting poly's.

If you are interested in some more maps I made, see :

Gimli

Comment

Sweet map :-)
                          Thunderbolt forever!

Comment

Thank you for the Link Madfox.

I didnt know, that "Abandon" was your project before.
                            Is Ver.1.4 the latest version ?

Thanks,
                            Seven

Comment

@Droog_andrey - great you enjoyed the level!

@Seven - Abandon1.4 is the last update indeed.
                              Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X