Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m00's player model converted to mdl

Originally posted by readme.txt
    Original model and texture were made by m00.
    Convertion to mdl and vm by d1554573r

Original files were provided without any kind of license.
    By any chance if You read this m00 please contact me regarding licensing issue: [email protected]

I assume You made this model for general community use but we would love it to be GPL.

KNOWN BUGS:
    - wrong Weapon skining in player.mdl
    Download link: http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...Os_mdl_d155.7z

It's an interesting idea, but the high number of polygons and the way that Quake does lighting, the frames per second gets killed (as a quake 1 model, which Quake will try to light).

As an example, do ...

chase_active 1; timedemo demo1
    chase_active 0; timedemo demo1

You could use DarkPlaces, Enhanced GLQuake or probably (maybe) FitzQuake 0.85 to do the test.

chase_active 1 draws the player.
    chase_active 0 doesn't.

I get half the frames per second with just "demo1" -- a single player demo. If there were 12 players on screen, who knows.

I'm just pointing out technical stuff. MD3 models in most Quake engines don't receive any kind of lighting. Case in point, the moo md3 player model is fullbright in both EZQuake and Qrack, if I recall correctly.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It has to impact FPS, no doubts

MDL wasn't designed with such complex models in mind after all.

Many people will find a use for this one though.

Comment

Fps bomb: tactical weaponry designed to target the enemies ability to play the game efficiently, offhand of weapon number 8.

Comment

Working...
        X