OSJC's new skins + spr's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSJC's new skins + spr's

Ive made a mod but have no idea where the hell to upload it?
    I'll include a bit of the readme and a screenie but the mod zip is like 4.9mb
    new to all this...

=description=
    not much really, just things that bothered me, or didn't feel 'quake' enough for me, so I changed 'em.
    I got fed up with the powerups/runes in dpmod not spinning and having silly spark/particles flying off them.
    As I'm not much of a modder I just made new skins for some of the old models (included) to fix the problem.
    I did not like the new gibs (the old chunky gibs were part of the charm of quake for me and the new ones dont leave blood trails in DP) so the old ones are back with all new skins too.
    I made a new skin for the old supershotgun model (v_shot2.mdl without muzlleflash to better fit the other weapons) as the dpmod super does not suit me at all.
    Made a new bubble sprite and edited the explosion sprite (to a null) to work better with the effectinfo.txt I currently use.
    New idling chainsaw sound for the ogre as the old dragging sound sounded like a chicken to me!
    New textures for lava and teleporter from 'quake retexturing project' (these fit with quake better imo) with a bit of editing on my part. and the old dopefish textures are restored for prosperity!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 10-26-2010, 01:45 AM.

Screenies looking good, great work, i would want to try it out. Could you upload it to for example fileden or maybe 4shared.
    FPS Source Ports

Comment

download links for osjc mod available

osjc.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - the mod

I should also point out that this file is not at all to NOT be shared or edited in any way! in fact it is vital this this file is used, shared, edited, usurped and hopefully inproved then sent back to me! lol!

all credit to whoever really cares, I'm not greedy its all for fun.

osjcmod.bmp - 4shared.com - photo sharing - download image - new improved screenie for those who are only passing by and want to see it first.

the gibs and ssg are my pride and joy, the bubble just a happy experiment really and the runes/quad/pentagram just a simple texture.
      the sound you'll find odd at first but it grows on you...

readme

btw, thanks for the tip spinvis
      Last edited by osjclatchford; 10-26-2010, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks osjclatchford, downloading now, gonna test tonight and will let you know the results after that.

Edit: Tested it, and it works and looks great in game, i really like the spinning high def icons for the powerups, end keys, the bubbles and the gibs (big improvement!). The lava and teleport textures are giving indeed more of a original Quake feel, but i am not sure yet which ones i like more, Rygels, or the ones in your pack. I think its a matter of taste (I should really test out the Quake Retexturing Project and compare it to Rygels, then i can make a better decision probably). The lava does look more "hot" now though with HDR compared to Rygels somehow. I don't like the shotgun though, the shape of it doesn't appeal to me. Anyway, all in all a great addition to my Quake adventure, so thanks again osjclatchford! Hope i'll see more goodies from you in the future.
        Last edited by Spinvis; 09-16-2010, 05:27 AM.
        FPS Source Ports

Comment

glad you enjoyed it.

you've hit the nail on the head about the lava, it does seem hotter as the texture seems to glow more.
          As for the shotgun, alas the shape is not my department, thats down to id software really, but my skin is really only likely to appeal to the hardcore original v_shot2.mdl fans.

more stuff soon...

Comment

Fragger's monster skins edited for dp by OSJC

click to download - edited skin mod.

I'm at it again!

some monster skin bits I have EDITED for personal use but I thought you guys might also enjoy, so share the wealth, here they are!

!ATTENTION!
            these are not my skins they are just edited for personal taste and to include bump/gloss maps for use in darkplaces.
            credit where credit's due;

FRAGGER's skins
            shambler's gibbed head - edited to match my gibs (osjc_mod.zip) and now including bump/gloss .tga's
            shub niggurath - now including bump/gloss .tga's
            Chthon - now including bump/gloss .tga's
            Knight skin - eyes changed for a more 'quake' feel, now including bump/gloss .tga's
            Knight's gibbed head - converted from edited knight skin also including bump/gloss .tga's

enjoy! or not...
            Last edited by osjclatchford; 10-26-2010, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks again osjclatchford, but now for the head gibs and Chton bump+gloss, this will keep me happy until the remaining Reforged skins are out.
              FPS Source Ports

Comment

my thoughts exactly!

-UPDATE-
                look what I just found and had to share; conback.tga - just paste in your id1/gfx folder.
                Not much I know but every little helps!
                Anyway I'm sure the crusty old console must have been bugging some of you out there just as as much as its bugged me (those who haven't done this already that is!).
                Last edited by osjclatchford; 09-19-2010, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X