No announcement yet.

Some weapons for dp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohh, seems interesting- I'll try and grab it as soon as I'm free!
    Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
    Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kingennio View Post
      I've repackaged osjclatchford nice work in one single easy-to-use pack. Just drop it in id1 folder and you're ready to roll!
      Download weapons_osjc.pk3

beware of the name: it must be loaded after reygel textures, so it needs alphabetically to follow that name's pack.
      ATTENTION! this compilation may contain an edited effectinfo.txt file that is not my intulectual property and (at the time of release) in my haste I had forgotton to credit those resposible, namely; seven, jorix and jakub1.
      As this error has now been made aware to me I felt I should intervene here!

said effectinfo has been removed from osjc_mod.zip too.

thanks

Latchford

Comment

What's bothering me is that especially the super shotgun looks like crap when using high resolutions like 1920x1200. Large parts of the gun disappear below the lower edge of the screen, making the gun only show the upper part of the barrel, hardly resembling any weapon at all any more. It can be counteracted by changing FOV, but then the whole perspective gets screwed.

Maybe there is a way to move the weapons "upwards" so they look proper again without messing with FOV, different model (which only changed the angle, nothing else)?
        Authentic Models Pack
        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

I dont want to anticipate osjclatchford´s answer,
          but this was exactly what annoyed me with the supershotgun models as well.

Solution:
          If it is a mdl model you can use QME to change its coordinates a little further forward,
          so that more of the model is visible.
          If its a md3 you can use milkshape to do this.

Dont forget to modify all animation frames as well.

Regards,
          Seven

Comment

hmm, this is all news to me and I'm afraid that the models aren't my department, only the skins...

I've only used them at 1280 x 1024, so I missed it, but Im glad you mentioned it as a warning to those who may download.

Also, thanks again for coming to the rescue seven, LOL!

Comment

Working...
            X