Alternative shotgun V_model/skin for use in DP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative shotgun V_model/skin for use in DP

Looking for stuff to mod I found this old gem in an old quake folder on my machine; The shotgun model from the quake team-fortress mod! after a little search, I found that primeviL had made a high-res skin for it, so I made bump/gloss maps for his skin to see what it'd perform like in Darkplaces!

Here is the result!

Pic

or try my 'CLASSIC' sg skin for dpmod shotgun
    pic

*UPDATE*
    classic sg v.2.1 is now done!
    Pic
    *END*

enjoy!
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 03-08-2011, 06:21 AM.

Ooh, looks nice- downloading now- I'll fire it up ASAP!
    Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
    Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Just played it;

My friend, all I can say is THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!

This is absolutely fantastic!

It comes to the point I actually ENJOY using the shotgun now (and I'm now much deadlier with it for some odd reason- I seem to aim better with it on the right side of the screen instead of center).

Your texturing work is superb, even the hands (which most people can't manage, being very hard to texture) look very believable!

Everyone reading this, download it now. Seriously.

By the way, any chance of an expansion upon this mod (if you get my drift)????

Comment

By the way, your standard-position reskins (centered guns) are also quite nice

Comment

Ok, thanks for the kind words but I feel I must put credit where credit is due.
          once again; the model is from quake-team-fortress mod and the skin is PrimeviL's.
          all I really did to this one is make gloss and bump skins for DP!

BUT, that said, Its the gloss/bump skins that give that extra third dimention to the skin (especially on the hands) when viewed with rtworld/lights on and thats why I just HAD to upload this, I love how it came out too!

However the 'centred' shotgun Is indeed my own work on rygels shotgun model from the dpmod. I'm very glad you enjoy these skins and I'll endeavour to make more skins soon.

Meanwhile if you want more, check out my super-shotgun skin and edited skin for sng. (If you havent already!)

Comment

Yes, it is definitely the bump and gloss that brings it all out actually- because I HAVE seen the TF shotgun before and to be honest I didn't recognize it.

Anyway I must say if you can bumpmap/glossmap like THAT, then modeling the base (which you now know even a couple of boxes is good enough to work your detail on) should be a snap!

Comment

Glad you like it!
              As for the modeling; hmm, wouldn't even know the program to model in! LOL! I think i'll leave the 3d bits to someone else for now and concentrate on refinining my 2d work for now.
              Still got a lot to learn as I don't use photoshop or anything like that, just ms-paint and some other antiquated programs from the early 90's (to be honest modern programs completely loose me!) I've told people before and they assume I'm spouting BS but seriously, I've been creating graphical art since I had my C64 (ok, just simple sprites back then) and I guess you get used to working with what you know, mixing tools/effects of different programs to know how it will turn out. Its all practice...

as for making more, If you've got any skins you especially want tweaking, i'll give 'em a go, I only recently found out I can even do this for quake anyway and i'm really enjoying it, But i'm running out of things to mod!

thanks again for the kind words...

Comment

I chose the alternate skin. Thank you so much!

Comment

most welcome...

Comment

Working...
                  X