[Quake MP map] spirit1dm3 -- Zeal & Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Quake MP map] spirit1dm3 -- Zeal & Fury

Here is the final release of Zeal & Fury, a small FFA map for Quake. It has lots of stuff to pick up for its size and many fun jumps, all of which are possible in both NQ and QW. The map comes in a zip that includes various goodies like loc/lit/dlit files and great waypoints for FrikBotX that were made by Lightning_Hunter.

Thanks to all the people who helped with playtesting, comments and suggestions at quakeone.com, leveldesign.nl and Euroquake (bigfoot.quake1.net:26000).

Direct download link: get spirit1dm3.zip

More info on the map is available here, including more screenshots and a youtube video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fXyuoJcf_0]youtube video[/ame].

Enjoy,

dfsp_spirit
    dfsp*spirit
    my FPS maps

Thanks for another very good solid professional release!
    (needless to say it has been uploaded to the EuroQauke box so feel free to come and play!)

Comment

Congratulations on the release. It really is a fun map!

I was proud of the Frikbot at 2:30, when he grabbed the Red Armor in front of you.

Comment

Very cool.

Wanna make a map for RemakeQuake? RMQ could be a nice credit for your portfolio.

Pick a popular map and redo it 33% bigger (because movement is faster in RMQ) with some fresh ideas and grapple points and slopes? We also support CTF, so if you fancy doing a CTF map, that'd be cool as well.

Interested?
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

@gb: I've had an eye on RMQ since I played that SP map you guys released. Your stuff is of extremely high quality and I am honored that you ask. So yes, I'll definitely give this a try.

I'll check out the stuff you released again, play some more Quake MP at Euroquake and think a bit I guess. I need a short break from mapping (few days) after the 2 maps I released for that Q2 contest and this Q1 map but I'll PM you soon with a question or two on the grapple and other stuff I guess.
          dfsp*spirit
          my FPS maps

Comment

I love it when great minds collaborate
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Very nice map indeed , its already one of my favorites atm ;-)
              Nicely done dfsp_spirit !
              My servers for the gamers:
              bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
              port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
              Offline ATM
              fvf.servequake.com
              flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
              Offline ATM
              newdm.servequake.com
              port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Polarite!

@LH: Yes, I've played some matches against the bots and they are really doing well, gj!

Suggestion for those who can't play the map online: If you like the map with n human players, add n+1 bots instead.

And btw, negke made a SP remix of this map, hehe. See the thread at func.
                dfsp*spirit
                my FPS maps

Comment

Working...
                X