Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin edit >> English only please.
    Last edited by Solecord; 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM.
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Originally posted by Frost R17 View Post
      I did not say I didn't like your SMC's, I like it. It's just that my laptop could not support the new effects. Why I have this laptop? It was a graduation gift to help me in my college.
      Hello Frost R17,

The "small mod compilation" has in its default setting only 1 difference to vanilla Quake regarding "performance":
      Custom particle effects

These effects do not influence your performance much during normal/regular play, except this one:
      ogre´s grenade explosion

When ogre´s grenades explode "in front of your face" the performance hit is noticable big for a second.
      I added a separate code/particle-effect especially for this reason.
      This custom effect can be adjusted to be less "performance hungry".

It would be a pity otherwise, if you cannot use the "small mod compilation" just because this single issue.
      It is maybe also interesting for Mr. Burns, as he also has "old" hardware.

If you need assistance for this point, please dont hesitate to ask.

Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
      Don't know if this haven't already been brought up but is there only one kind of zombie who can get his head chopped off?
      Yes, only the "New" zombie model has 2 new death animations:
      - head chopped off when killed with axe
      - a new regular dying sequence when killed with any other weapon

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
      my english is worst your english! i understand the misunderstandings!
      I remember when we both once had trouble with Spikes explenations.
      Even some regular QC/extension commands use "self-explaining" english words, as long as you are an english speaking person. LOL
      "Tokenize"

=================

Hello JDSTONER,

Now I am back from holiday already.
      Did you already decide which way you want to go ?
      Please read your pm.

Best wishes,
      Seven

Comment

• To seven

I understand; I'm just explaining that I'm not saying that I didn't like your SMC's, they are well done.

Comment

Last edited by Solecord; 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM.
          Sorry for my bad english

Comment

Last edited by Solecord; 05-12-2013, 03:45 PM.
            Sorry for my bad english

Comment

• [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfUU6coziu4]English mother fucker do you speak it - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by ATTACUE
              Now it's my turn to explain in Russian. All: Yes, I'm sorry for what he called "SMC_fixed", should have been called "SMC_lite" or "smallest small mod compilation" as well, or even something, I do not know. And it turns out - terminology was wrong and everything - shooting, the death of me, huh? Let me explain - why is fixed. The fact that I was removing unnecessary, but I work so does not belong to that because of the SMC worked Seven, Webangel, and others. I just delete unnecessary in my opinion. If it did Seven, yes. There will not argue! Then as expected - "lite" and "full" in the first message. When I spoke Seven'u that "small mod compilation" turned into a "big mod compilation", and what you need to do less version, he told me - Turn off unnecessary features through the autoexec and read readme. It's all good, except for one - autoexec.cfg is the size of a sheet. The same spider can be added as external events, without adding to the SMC, the same could be done with a zombie dog and an ax. Or as an alternative - full version and the lite version. I began to look for alternative solutions. Tried version of SMC 3.8 xolveedited - almost ideal, though much was missing. In version 4.25 I liked slowmotion, the effects of killing monsters with different types of weapons and the sound of footsteps to all monsters. Yes, I had to learn the code and edit it by trial and error, removing unnecessary, leaving everything you need. Asked for help from Seven'a to check code - what if it is wrong, maybe something nedoudalil or removed more than I need. And then showered with angry messages like - it's crap and so on. Proverb is - do not do good, do not get and evil. Okay, continue to own and without any help manage, osvoyus, want - will reach my goal. PS In my view, : Full and Lite - solely with the author. (I'm not a writer! Author - Seven and others) Edited - added new features or expanded old. Fixed - removed / corrected. As you can see - what did I fell under the third category, and that's the whole problem ... Other- then think otherwise ... PS Soosel, thanks for the support) Hgdagon, thanks for the offer to help, but I refuse, somehow he can handle)
              Originally posted by ATTACUE
              At last!)) For Hgdagon. Perekompolyatsiya relinkom sources from the standard "lock4.wav" gives the following result - the sound to the standard, which means that if you use a third-party (external) audio packets, whether Mingrid, EpiQuake and others - Compatibility complete without a sound audible distortion. Soosel will not lie)) He checked and confirmed)) For Seven and others. I am grateful and thank all those who took part in the development of SMC. I did not want to usurp the development! I just wanted to make a simplified version of the SMC without the "extra" in my opinion the functionality that could be of interest to others. posted here for that - all of a sudden someone else will need. Everything I do on this site - made ​​in good faith and in love for the very first computer game - Quake 1. 'm sorry I was not understood ...
              ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT <-
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-12-2013, 01:46 PM.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATTACUE
                Yes, I had to learn the code and edit it by trial and error, removing unnecessary, leaving everything you need. Asked for help from Seven'a to check code - what if it is wrong, maybe something nedoudalil or removed more than I need. And then showered with angry messages like - it's crap and so on. Proverb is - do not do good, do not get and evil. Okay, continue to own and without any help manage, osvoyus, want - will reach my goal. PS In my view, : Full and Lite - solely with the author. (I'm not a writer! Author - Seven and others) Edited - added new features or expanded old. Fixed - removed / corrected. As you can see - what did I fell under the third category, and that's the whole problem

I love how your message in russian is a loaded with some pretty fn sketchy claims.
                You learned the code? IIRC SMC was a collection of PK3 files,so you learned the code to Fix and Correct SMC.

Please prove to the Quakeone.com community that you have FIXED and CORRECTED anything. As far as EVERYONE (maybe I'm speaking way out of turn and putting words in everyones mouth) was concerned , SMC wasn't broken. I'll walk away from this post now, as I feel the need to blow someone up in multiplayer Q1.
                Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-12-2013, 01:56 PM.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Seven,
                  any progress with your ported Afrit?
                  My Wizards feels so lonely...

Comment

• To Mindf!3ldzX.
                    Incorrect translate...
                    more or less...
                    In inglish - studied this code but not learn.
                    Sorry for my bad english

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
                      Seven,
                      any progress with your ported Afrit?
                      My Wizards feels so lonely...

id love to know too if theres any progress on the afrit, cuz the afrit is an awesome enemy
                      and it would be great to have another skyborne enemy in quake!

oh one idea for the afrit... could you when you implent it perhaps also make an option that instead of replacing itll spawn next to a scrag instead, so itll be together with the scrag instead of replacing it
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• a mothman will be awesome in smc :3
                        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• English only on the forums please.

Comment

• I think that it is necessary to insert the first post as a "lite" version.
                            zzz-new-SMC-425-Seven-ATTACUE
                            zzz-new-SMC-4.25-Seven-ATTACUE_fixed - Download - 4shared

I tested it and it works fine

Comment

• For how long soosel and his russian friends wil hijack this thread ??

You should fix your manners and not ruin someone elses work.

ATTACUE,
                              Your code is a mess and I think you know it.
                              Ripping out pieces will not fix anything !

It is a shame that you and your russian friends behave like this in this forum.
                              Why dont you simply respect the work of other people.

EVERYTHING you did can be done by setting some cvars to "0".
                              You even ripped out code that was already set to "0" be default.
                              How smart was that ?

And that is your fix ??
                              You should never fix something that is not broken.
                              Nor should you ever re-release something that is identical to original version with simple cvar settings to "0".

Is this russia, where all people crack games and sell them on the streets ?
                              Do you ever think about how that feels for the original author of a game ?
                              Do you think he is happy and say: "Super, now I want to make another game" ?

Now you know how it feels for me !

As long as the russians control this thread, I will not post here anymore.

A very sad,
                              Seven

PS: I even helped soosel and ATTACUE various times before. How ironic...

Comment

• Is this russia, where all people crack games and sell them on the streets ?
                                Do you ever think about how that feels for the original author of a game ?
                                Well, this is the internet. The code is available. It's not a crack.

Is this really such a drama?

As long as the russians control this thread, I will not post here anymore.
                                Whoa, mate. It's a public forum, isn't it.
                                Scout's Journey
                                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
                                X