No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great, now its fixed with a newly compiled progs.dat with the right QC file replaced

really loving the afrit in quake already, it works so well in quake

totally already making it standard in my quake setup <3

@hg
    the afrit originally is supposed to look like he's made of stone. as you can also see in hexen itself the afrit is often found rolled up like as if its a stone ball or he's found standing like a statue untill awoken by the player coming near

btw seven you should totally add a particle-effect to the afrit to make him look like he's on fire just like in hexen
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• LOL, who put the weapons.qc into that zip file ??
      It is combat.qc which contains the T_Damage function.

I uploaded the correct file now.

That is what happens when you hold a Mai-Thai coktail in one hand and try to handle your computer with the other hand.

Comment

• @talisa
        I've played neither hexen nor heretic Doom sicknes.... Anyway ther is no stone "feature" for Arit here right? So "colorizing" it a little makes sense, imo...
        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• i just hope more mappers use the weather it makes maps more fun!

i cant tell if hes dead or with that tail like that if he is just happy to see me.

Attached Files

Comment

• JD you can totally add weather to a map via my qc, you could even pull my weather.qc out and compile it into smc. Fog is a no go. You could make a fog effect, but actual fog only works via cvars in DP.

Also, my new QC will allow you to add any effect right into the radiant/worldcraft map. If you want I could make a spoiler tutorial about how to add effects into the map via the map editor. It is really simple.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Thank you for your tutorial.
              The biggest reason i wanted it added is that all the effects add so much to the game play. quake maps them selves look grate i wish that a lot of the community made maps had weather and fog. for me to personally this would be fun but the reason for the request was so that more of the maps that i play would have it.

my computer is so bad that when i make a few rooms in radiant it almost stops running.

i was requesting things i liked from the things you all make. more or less just being a fan of the game.

Comment

• @ radiant lagging

I don't have that problem but it would make me sad if I did. So, I empathize.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                  Thank you for your tutorial.
                  The biggest reason i wanted it added is that all the effects add so much to the game play. quake maps them selves look grate i wish that a lot of the community made maps had weather and fog. for me to personally this would be fun but the reason for the request was so that more of the maps that i play would have it.

my computer is so bad that when i make a few rooms in radiant it almost stops running.

i was requesting things i liked from the things you all make. more or less just being a fan of the game.
                  hello jdstoner, do you try use quark instead radiant? maybe the "stop" runing is not the compiler, is just a a bad configuration or VIS stuff, i tested the new builds of quark in very old computers (pentium I 133 mhz with 32 MB ram) and IT WORKS PERFECTLY! Quark have very new versions, and works very fast in any computer

PS: anyway if you only will make maps for quake 1 (not quake 3 or another games) i suggest you use quark version 5
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Side note - if soosel or anyone else posts non-English, just hit report post. If there's posts that are not on-topic to this and you wish to have them deleted, hit report post. I'll take care of it as soon as possible.

And soosel, last warning. English only.

Comment

• Flame and smoke Flags (Grenades/Rockets and Fire) would be great on this model.
                      Other than that this model is super Seven.

Whats about the shader I send to you?
                      Any progress, or did you still have issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        ... seven you should totally add a particle-effect to the afrit to make him look like he's on fire just like in hexen
                        +
                        Originally posted by webangel View Post
                        Flame and smoke Flags (Grenades/Rockets and Fire) would be great on this model.

Yes, surrounding the Afrit in optional flame particles is on the ToDo list.
                        But it cannot be done via trail flags.
                        Trail flags only spawn particles when the entity has a velocity.
                        It would result in missing particles during attack or pain animation for example. There are other reasons as well...

It should be done the same way as it was done to the Fire-Demon.
                        Please see this already existing cvar:
                        set helldemon 50
                        Look into demon.qc for details. I adjusted this cvar to a much higher value in my Quake. I like these Hell-Demons very much.

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                        i cant tell if hes dead or with that tail like that if he is just happy to see me.
                        It looks quite dead to me

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                        Whats about the shader I send to you?
                        Any progress, or did you still have issues?
                        Try to send your shader to other beta testers, please.
                        It doesnt work for me...

Comment

• I know the demon effects.
                          Just want to describe how it should look Seven.

Nothing for ungood
                          Sorry for this very bad translated german phrase

Is anyone here interessted in testing this for me?
                          I tried it on 2 PCs and everything is fine.
                          On Sevens computer it looks totaly different
                          Please send me a PM.

Comment

• @ webangel
                            sure, i'd gladly test it

toss the files my way and ill try them
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @Talisa,
                              check out your pm!

Comment

• Dear all,

After some days offline I worked on the new version again today .

Some things Id like to mention:
                                1.) Wizards projectile is now adjustable in size
                                (that was necesarry due to new trail effect)
                                2.) Added new optional shape for Afrit when idling: Cocoon
                                3.) Afrit has now optional fire particles surrounding it
                                4.) some minor adjustments

The most difficult thing was no. 3.)
                                The Afrit moves so fast, that I almost gave up to create a particle burning effect, that sticks on him.
                                But in the end, Thanks to the "time" param it was possible.
                                Now the fire sticks at him and he does not carry a trail behind him.

I am really happy with the result. The fire looks really good on him.

I am sorry for the bad screenshots. They cannot really show the dynamic fire effect, but it is already late in Germany and I had no time for recording a clip. At least you get the idea...

Comment

Working...
                                X