Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MostWanted
    replied
    can you give me the complete line of the z value and where should I place it?

The idea for the slow mo came from gta. XD

The 3rd suggestion is about setting optional movement speed depending on weapon holding.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by MostWanted View Post
    Thank you very much for your help Seven. Here throwing some ideas for optionals for your consideration:

-Adjustable height

-Slow mo optionals for Pentagram and Quake Symbol.

-adjustable speed per weapon.
    Hello MostWanted,

Depending on how much you want to grow bigger your 1st suggestion is a 1-liner. If 3-4 quake units is enough for you, you only need to change the eye position offset by that much.
    You should not face any issues when only changing your view position by that much. Your hull size does still fit and your weapon projectile offset is still not that bad (as their impact position will be quite much lower than your screen center aka crosshair).
    Adjust the z-value of self.view_ofs = '0 0 22'; accordingly.

Regarding your second suggestion:
    Wouldnt the ring powerup fit more to the slowmotion idea ?
    Like in a sneak game where you walk around in darkness without beeing seen ?
    Anyway, the code for the slowmotion is already implemented into the smc. You can use it for any powerup as well. The source is included.

Regarding your 3rd suggestion:
    You mean the fire sequence ?
    That is possible as the complete quake gamecode is based on .nextthink´s for which you can use auto_cvars. In this special case .attack_finished. You only have to be careful that your player animation still matches the weapon fire sequence. It will sure look weird with small values.

Regards,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• MostWanted
    replied
    Thank you very much for your help Seven. Here throwing some ideas for optionals for your consideration:

-Adjustable height

-Slow mo optionals for Pentagram and Quake Symbol.

-adjustable speed per weapon.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello MostWanted,

Yes, setting cvars and binds via the console will save them into the correct config file of the mod you are currently playing, but it is essential for you to know which config file is used. Because that was the reason of your issue and why you decided to posted in this thread the 1st time.

You mentioned "hipnotic" in your first post and also in your 2nd post while speaking about id1 maps. This is a contradiction and it is important that you know where your config files are when you are using mods. That is why I tried to explain what "hipnotic" is. It is not id1 It is a mission pack, which uses its own config files in its own mod folder.

Yes, the SMC can reposition/change your view weapon models. It is explained in the smc_config.cgf file. If you want to edit any of the SMC default feature values you need this file and make your edits in there. Some time ago I switched from using the standard autoexec to smc_config file because of easier usage and seperation of regular Quake configs. That makes tings a lot easier.

The SMC is only 1 file. The .pk3 file. The rest is needed to explain all SMC features in detail, because this mod has lots of it ... You will also find SMC-addons in the download. Those are optional, but I recommend using them to make full use of all SMC features.

Take your time and get familiar with Quake. Once you know how it *ticks* it will be a lot easier to use mods.

Have fun with your Quake,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• MostWanted
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Then you did not thoroughly read my post and will keep on having issues. But that is your decision.
    Hmm. I misunderstood your explanation. I thought you said creating and autoexe file could lead to issues and using the console command would create the bind in the correct file.

If that is not enough you can use a mod or play another game.

Isn't it the point of mods? This mods also changes the weapon position right?

You should read the readme. There is no need to have several configs. You do not even know which config belongs to which mod so I am not surprised...

My suggestion came from the point of view of someone who's not familiar with moding or the structure of this game and how it works. Obviously its easier for people who have years playing, and moding the game. New players wont know which config belongs to which ones cause their new to the game. I read the readme and managed to install the mod. the file of this mod contains several files including one with several readmes. Again, from a new player-new mod user perspective. Thank you for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    I used the console command and finally worked!
    Then you did not thoroughly read my post and will keep on having issues. But that is your decision.

a few issues not related to the mod but..
    Please use the appropriate other mod threads as your issues have nothing to do with the SMC and help to keep this thread clean. Or start a new thread inside the help section of this forum.

1. I'm getting some blank textures at the beginning of the map. I had a similar issue in id1 but fixed it with a shader fix. I think it had to do with a mod which added some effects.
    Then you are using a buggy mod. Fix it or delete it.
    By the way: "the map" is a clear description of a map

2. I'm also having issues with the water mod. It's just glowing white and no texture visible. This issue is not present in the id1 map. I added the pack1 provided by Seven.
    You should read the readme and the opening post of the mod thread. It explains all that you need to know to fix your issue. Promised

3. Is there a way to make the camera higher than it is. I feel like a rodent running trough the corridors. Is the camera stuck with the Player model? Any help?
    You can edit the weapons position and your fov to improve your feeling. If that is not enough you can use a mod or play another game.

Overall this mod is a must have. I was able to modify enemy health and size to make the game feel more current, but it also made me feel even smaller. My only issue with the mod is how confusing is to set up the whole thing. I ended up with 3 or 4 config files in my hipnotic folder. This mod is in need of a custom installation. Hopefully someone with the skills can help cause the mod is worth it! Perhaps just make full versions and avoid updates might help a bit for mod noobs like me. Cause that got me really confused at first.
    You should read the readme. There is no need to have several configs. You do not even know which config belongs to which mod so I am not surprised...

There is also no need of a custom installation because the mod consists of only 1 file. The issue usually comes from users who want to have all available Quake mods at once, not knowing what each mod really does and how to handle mods and Quake settings in general.

My advice is to first learn how Quake and its configs/settings work. Then, if you want, start with 1 mod and get familiar with it. Then continue with another mod if you need and see how it influences the other one.

And always read readme´s as they contain important words and descriptions from the author. If a mod doesn’t have one it is a bad mod or a repack (many people use other peoples work, reupload it and dont care about it).
    If you do not fully understand what mods are, what they actually do and how mods work in general it is hard to handle them. That is not your fault. And it makes it even more important to handle them with caution as unexpected things may happen

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• MostWanted
    replied
    I used the console command and finally worked! Thank you Seven, Talisa and TheKillingJoke for your quick responses.

a few issues not related to the mod but..

1. I'm getting some blank textures at the beginning of the map. I had a similar issue in id1 but fixed it with a shader fix. I think it had to do with a mod which added some effects.

2. I'm also having issues with the water mod. It's just glowing white and no texture visible. This issue is not present in the id1 map. I added the pack1 provided by Seven.

3. Is there a way to make the camera higher than it is. I feel like a rodent running trough the corridors. Is the camera stuck with the Player model? Any help?

Overall this mod is a must have. I was able to modify enemy health and size to make the game feel more current, but it also made me feel even smaller. My only issue with the mod is how confusing is to set up the whole thing. I ended up with 3 or 4 config files in my hipnotic folder. This mod is in need of a custom installation. Hopefully someone with the skills can help cause the mod is worth it! Perhaps just make full versions and avoid updates might help a bit for mod noobs like me. Cause that got me really confused at first.

And thank you to Talisa for the complete guide topic. It really helps a lot to have everything in one place.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello MostWanted,

You showed us a screenshot of a config file. The problem is, that this config is not used by the engine !
    You can see it by the fact that binds are not sorted.
    If the config file would be used, your bind "f" line would be automatically sorted between the bind "d" and bind "s" lines at next engine start/quit.

Furthermore you are writing that you play the id maps and showed a screenshot from your hipnotic folder.
    You know that hipnotic is the 1st mission pack and is not used/loaded when playing the id1 maps, right ?
    So, editing the hipnotic config file will not do anything. You have to edit the config file from the mod you are actually playing.

If you still have issues with adding shortcut binds:
    Darkplaces (in certain circumstances) uses config files located here:
    "My documents/My Games/Darkplaces/"

You can of course also bind shortcuts via the console directly and do not need to edit the config files manually. To do this, type this into your console:
    bind f "impulse 30"
    And it will be written/saved into the correct config file.

Optionally you can ignore the usage of config files from your "my documents" folder by starting darkplaces with the –nohome command in its shortcut. This way the config files from your regular Quake installation folder will be used and nothing else.

The fact that your flashlight is switched on when typing: impulse 30 into your console means that you are doing nothing wrong and the only remaining issue is to find/edit the correct config file.

Have fun with your Quake.

Best wishes,
    Seven

PS:
    The SMC has its own CSQC mod (included in the download) which surely does not mess up/edit your config files. So I suggest to not use other ones in combination with the SMC.
    Adding key binds to your autoexec or default configs should be avoided as it does not cure the root cause of your issue and makes things even worse later on. Please follow my above instructions to fix the root cause of your issue.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    are you using nahuel & smith's CSQC hud as well? http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...edit-tool.html

if so, that hud has the nasty habit of rebinding several keys on startup (including the F key)

a quick and easy solution is to add your prefered key-bindings for flashlight and quick-melee to your autoexec.cfg,
    so that they will automagically be re-binded back to your prefered keys again

Leave a comment:

• TheKillingJoke
    replied
    Hi MostWanted.

Try to write those binds into your default.cfg file. That helped me. Here ist the text from my default.cfg with keybinds for flashlight and instant melee attack and the teleporter, maybe it helps you:

bind f "impulse 30" //Fleshlight
    bind MOUSE2 "impulse 20" // Instant Melee
    bind r "impulse 40" //Personal Teleporter

bind ALT +strafe

bind , +moveleft
    bind . +moveright
    bind DEL +lookdown
    bind PGDN +lookup
    bind END centerview
    bind z +lookdown
    bind a +lookup

bind d +moveup
    bind c +movedown
    bind SHIFT +speed
    bind CTRL +attack
    bind UPARROW +forward
    bind DOWNARROW +back
    bind LEFTARROW +left
    bind RIGHTARROW +right

bind SPACE +jump
    bind ENTER +jump

bind TAB +showscores

bind 1 "impulse 1"
    bind 2 "impulse 2"
    bind 3 "impulse 3"
    bind 4 "impulse 4"
    bind 5 "impulse 5"
    bind 6 "impulse 6"
    bind 7 "impulse 7"
    bind 8 "impulse 8"

bind 0 "impulse 0"

bind / "impulse 10" // change weapon

alias zoom_in "sensitivity 2;fov 90;wait;fov 70;wait;fov 50;wait;fov 30;wait;fov 10;wait;fov 5;bind F11 zoom_out"
    alias zoom_out "sensitivity 4;fov 5;wait;fov 10;wait;fov 30;wait;fov 50;wait;fov 70;wait;fov 90;bind F11 zoom_in; sensitivity 3"
    bind F11 zoom_in

bind F1 "help"
    bind F2 "menu_save"
    bind F3 "menu_load"
    bind F4 "menu_options"
    bind F5 "menu_multiplayer"
    bind F6 "echo Quicksaving...; wait; save quick"
    bind F9 "echo Quickloading...; wait; load quick"
    bind F10 "quit"
    bind F12 "screenshot"

bind \ +mlook

bind PAUSE "pause"
    bind ESCAPE "togglemenu"
    bind ~ "toggleconsole"
    bind ` "toggleconsole"

bind t "messagemode"

bind + "sizeup"
    bind = "sizeup"
    bind - "sizedown"

bind INS +klook

bind MOUSE1 +attack
    bind MOUSE2 +forward
    bind MOUSE3 +mlook

viewsize 100
    gamma 1.0
    volume 0.7
    sensitivity 3

Leave a comment:

• MostWanted
    replied
    Hi! New Player here. I managed to install this mod along many others (With tons of frustration) and the smc worked perfectly except for the issue that I cant bind the flashlight no matter how much I try. Here's a pic of my config file which i pasted from the Steam hipnotic folder:

I can turn it on via console command but doesn't work with the bind. Help please?

Just played the Id mission for the first time and I really enjoyed this game. I bought this game cause I saw a video with the graphic mods and really caught my attention, no regrets at all. The modding can be really frustrating tho. But also loved this mod in particular. Thank you Seven. Btw while browsing this forum I noticed the level of class, decor and behavior of the members here. Kudos!

Leave a comment:

• BeastmasteR
    replied
    Never mind, I figured out what I did wrong. I was using the wrong download Great work Seven!
    Last edited by BeastmasteR; 05-15-2017, 02:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nickelbawker
    replied
    Mine is updated Seven no worries on that , love the new build and features, SMC 5.41 is working great a few pretty mods like glossy and reflections seem to be difficult to run on the newer DP but SMC is going good.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by Nickelbawker View Post
    Does the flashlight not work on dp 2016 11 21?
    Hello Nickelbawker,
    It works in all builds, but you should definitely update yours. A lot of things got fixed/added since then.

Originally posted by luisdacherry View Post
    excuse me seven, when i installed SMC, all the textures are black except for the enemies and pickups
    Hello luisdacherry,
    The SMC will not change your textures, because it doesnt contain any. You must be using additional mods/files.

Originally posted by luisdacherry View Post
    i spawn outside the map when i start a game. do u know how to fix this??
    Yes, you are using a [map].ent file which does not belong/match to your [map].bsp. Delete that .ent file or disable .ent support.
    The SMC does not contain any .ent files.
    Only these SMC addons include .ent files.:
    - custom particle/sound effects
    - weather effects

You most probably are trying to start a map called start.bsp from a mod or addon episode. Because all the other maps have unique names. You can temporary remove the above mentioned SMC addons and/or your other additional .ent files to see if it fixes your issue.

Then you can follow my detailed instruction how to permanently fix issues like these here even with those .ent files in your Quake directory.

Originally posted by Nickelbawker View Post
    Are the health levels diverse on SMC or are they set to something inconsistent with the built in difficulties? I find Normal and Easy more difficult on SMC but hard and nightmare seem accurate.
    The SMC gives you totally freedom to adjust every single player or monster health/damage/property values. But it does not alter them by default, because it would change gameplay.
    Do it via the smc_config.cfg file as described in the readme.txt.
    Read/browse through it to see what options you have ... there are many.

You can make Quake a walk in the park or a *real* nightmare if you want.

Have fun with your Quake,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Nickelbawker
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    make sure to enable 'realtime dlights' in the lighting settings,
    the SMC flashlight needs this setting enabled to work
    Fixed it by disabling "use only coronas" which allowed me to enable dlights, thank you.

Are the health levels diverse on SMC or are they set to something inconsistent with the built in difficulties? I find Normal and Easy more difficult on SMC but hard and nightmare seem accurate.
    Last edited by Nickelbawker; 05-02-2017, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X