Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luisdacherry
    replied
    excuse me seven, when i installed SMC, all the textures are black except for the enemies and pickups and i even spawn outside the map when i start a game. do u know how to fix this??
    Last edited by luisdacherry; 05-03-2017, 01:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    make sure to enable 'realtime dlights' in the lighting settings,
    the SMC flashlight needs this setting enabled to work

Leave a comment:

• Nickelbawker
    replied
    Does the flashlight not work on dp 2016 11 21? It clicks says on off I have it bound to f but it doesn't light anything up.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Duthc,

the SMC already had all the code that was need for the new feature.
    Take the demon/wizard teleporting, mix it with the adjustable size feature, add some cosmetics here and there and the corpses collision correction was born. And this time even without the _z sticking in floor bug in Non-DP engines.

Combining/using different existing features always brings up interesting new ones.

Regards,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    Happy Easter, Seven!

Glad to see you still keeping up on the SMC my friend! Very nice work on the collision detetion for dead bodies.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    you can disable all gameplay changes and monsters and such by simply editing the smc_config.cfg,
    which can be edited with any basic text-editor like notepad, word or notepad++

there are basic descriptions for what every cvar does inside the smc_config.cfg

Leave a comment:

• Jugin
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello Jugin,
    And what exactly is keeping you from using the regular SMC then ?
    Desire to keep for myself the classic gameplay. Without new monsters and visual effects, other than RT-lighting.
    I do not know how to disable everything except for bugfixes.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
    Nice work as always Seven!
    Hello gdiddy,
    So you are still browsing/lurking the forums about this old game ?
    Good to still see you around my friend.

Originally posted by Jugin View Post
    In Quake. I like old low-poly models and low-resolution textures.
    I do not need new models, new textures, etc.
    Hello Jugin,
    And what exactly is keeping you from using the regular SMC then ?
    You do not seem to know what the SMC really is. You will not find anything you mentioned if you do not want.
    In the end it is your choice of course.

Happy Easter everybody !

Best regards,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    ah my bad.... i was talking about the SMC's features, not about the bugfixes thing

thought you couldnt figure out what the cvar of that feature from SMC is called

Leave a comment:

• Jugin
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    the SMC does actually have multiple options for this, through this cvar in smc_config.cfg

set shootablebuttonsandsecrets 0

"0"= original ID1 behaviour (blood effect)
    "1"= they have an own particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)
    "2"= they use standard weapon impact particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)

what you are asking for can be achieved by setting the setting to 2, which completely removes any special effect when shooting buttons&secrets
    In the version of this link (Original Quake 1.06 bugfixes.rar), this option does not work.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Jugin View Post
    Missing item.
    "Option to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors/explo-boxes"
    the SMC does actually have multiple options for this, through this cvar in smc_config.cfg

set shootablebuttonsandsecrets 0

"0"= original ID1 behaviour (blood effect)
    "1"= they have an own particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)
    "2"= they use standard weapon impact particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)

what you are asking for can be achieved by setting the setting to 2, which completely removes any special effect when shooting buttons&secrets

Leave a comment:

• Jugin
    replied
    In Quake. I like old low-poly models and low-resolution textures. (Yes, I am weird.)

Hello Jugin,

Everything you need for original Quake is already in the download above.
    Missing item.
    "Option to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors/explo-boxes"

The list you copy/pasted from the opening post mentiones the official mission pack bugs. You do not need them for regular Quake.
    I guessed.

If you want the mission pack bugfixes as well, you can download their corresponding SMC packs from first page of this thread. They are all included and the source is always included as well.
    I just wanted to get bugfixes. I do not need new models, new textures, etc. But I do not know how to edit the source code.

I added a collision check algorithm around the monsters to avoid the described behaviour. It works robust and does not interfere with maps and monster pathfinding because their bbox will stay exactly the same.
    It works with all engines and all monsters in all maps.
    Where can I download it?

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Nice work as always Seven!

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Jugin,

Everything you need for original Quake is already in the download above.
    The list you copy/pasted from the opening post mentiones the official mission pack bugs. You do not need them for regular Quake.
    If you want the mission pack bugfixes as well, you can download their corresponding SMC packs from first page of this thread. They are all included and the source is always included as well.

========================================

Dear all,

Some time ago a forum user mentioned the issue in Quake that monsters can protrude into walls. Which looks weird. Especially when their corpses are half way sticking in walls...

I added a collision check algorithm around the monsters to avoid the described behaviour. It works robust and does not interfere with maps and monster pathfinding because their bbox will stay exactly the same.
    It works with all engines and all monsters in all maps.

Here is a clip that shows the improved behaviour in-game:
    Please click the "enable subtitle" button to read the included text.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjKA0841GkI&t=31s[/ame]

Best regards,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Jugin
    replied
    Thank you so much!
    Sorry for the importunity.
    Can you make corrections from "the list"?

"Original Quake / Gameplay Bugfixes:

Fixed Quake's original player pain sound bug in skill 3
    Fixed Monster-count bug for swimming monsters
    Fixed original ID1 fish model death animation bug
    (Super)-NailGun's nail position correction
    Fixed zombie and mummy flesh-projectile spawn-position for 2nd attack animation
    Fixed projectiles "interact/explode on sky" bug (aka "solid sky bug")
    Fixed tarbabies original Quake: They no longer get stuck on ledges and steps
    Option to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors/explo-boxes
    Mission Pack 1:
    Fixed hipdemo1.dem missing music bug
    Fixed DP related bug that deals damage from rubbles even though they are lying on the floor
    Mission pack 2:
    Fix for Darkplaces buzzsaw not moving bug
    Fix for Darkplaces Lavaman projectile "stuck in walls" bug
    Fix for Darkplaces Plasma Gun projectile not moving bug
    "

Leave a comment:

Working...
X