Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been thinking to propose idea for the hanging zombies for a while actually

since you have that new additional zombie from the EW-SoL mod,
    why not also randomly make this model be used as replacement for the wallzombies?

the model you added already also looks nice btw
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
      Hello,
      I was tinkering with some small things lately and want to mention them here.
      Quake crucified zombie variations - YouTube
      wow looks like some other game can't really think of the name right now though might have been demon souls

Comment

• Seven, why not do the same for health pickups?
        Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• Great stuff Seven.

Comment

• A barbeque zombie??? Hm... How come we didn't think of it before?
            MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
              PS: talisa, if the 'player gib issue' is still bothering you, you can throw this line into the beginning of switch_vweps () function in custom_effects.qc. That should fix it.
              Code:
              if (self.health < -40)
              	return;
              thanx seven, adding that to the custom_effects.qc fixed the player-gibbing bug
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi Seven,

I must admit, I share your view on the ammo "loss" and always wondered why this wasn't done when Quake was first released. There must have been some reason but it's good that you have given players the option.
                If this filtered through to multiplayer at some point this could have an interesting, albeit small, affect on the strategy of the game as many players try and restrict the available weaponry, health and ammo available to their opponents by collecting as much as possible as they progress around the map.

And the barbeque is just inspired. Love it and the hooded hords are just excellent. Both are really in keeping with the mood of Quake 1. I'm not 100% sure about the "gogo dancer" in the corner though
                Please forgive the newbie question but how does one go about adding these figures to their SMC?

As always, keep up the excellent work, it really is appreciated

Kind regards

Monty
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• @mr burns
                  you have to go edit ent-files with a text-editor and add 'blocks' to the ent-files with info about position and such
                  like this is an example of a 'block' to add a model into a map:
                  Code:
                  {
                  "classname" "place_model"
                  "origin" "80 256 4"		// represents coordination
                  "model" "progs/ton.mdl"		// file path
                  "alpha" "1"			// represents transparency (0= max,  1= min)
                  "count" "1.1"			// represents scale/size (bigger value = bigger size)
                  "angles" "0 40 0"	// represents angle (X Y Z)
                  "sold" "1"			// model is solid (=1) or non-solid (=0)
                  "sizemin" "-15 -15 -2"		// represents min bbox size
                  "sizemax" "15 15 35"		// represents max bbox size
                  }

seven made a thread with tutorial on how to add custom models and sounds and effects into maps here:
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...arkplaces.html

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you very much for your posts and feedback.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                    since you have that new additional zombie from the EW-SoL mod, why not also randomly make this model be used as replacement for the wallzombies?
                    The models from the game 'Eternal war' are taken from the Quake 2 mod Dawn of Darkness. Some might say 'stolen'. One thing is obvious, that Eternal War did several things wrong. But that is another sad story....

Please open the smc pk3 file and double click on "zombie_new.mdl" in the progs folder.
                    You will see that I already made a crucified animation for that zombie model.
                    I personally did not like it that much, that is why I never really used it in the smc...
                    It is some kind of easter egg / suprise.
                    The zombie model is ready to be crucified

Originally posted by gnounc View Post
                    Seven, why not do the same for health pickups?
                    I do. I only wanted to give an example based on ammo pickups.
                    The plan was to do it for ammo and health.

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                    I must admit, I share your view on the ammo "loss" and always wondered why this wasn't done when Quake was first released. There must have been some reason but it's good that you have given players the option.
                    When I first was thinking about it, I thought that most people would call it a "cheat", because at the end of the day, the player can get more ammo out of a map this way.
                    Maybe Quake was designed the way, that the player should be careful about the crates... I do not know.
                    But I also think that changing the rules a bit could be a good thing.

If this filtered through to multiplayer at some point this could have an interesting, albeit small, affect on the strategy of the game as many players try and restrict the available weaponry, health and ammo available to their opponents by collecting as much as possible as they progress around the map.
                    I know too little about multiplayer, but what you say makes sense.
                    Maybe this could be implemented in some well known multiplayer mods/servers and see how players react on it

And the barbeque is just inspired. Love it and the hooded hords are just excellent. Both are really in keeping with the mood of Quake 1. I'm not 100% sure about the "gogo dancer" in the corner though
                    LOL, I never thought about it this way. It is almost like in Duke Nukem:
                    Wanna dance ?
                    In fact it was the first animated model which I wanted to do tests with.
                    I fell in love with her over the time and now I would miss her, if she´s gone...

Please forgive the newbie question but how does one go about adding these figures to their SMC?
                    Talisa linked a thread with a tutorial about this special feature. That thread also contains some more examples. Hopefully it will be helpful for you. If not, please do not hesitate to ask.

I extended the feature over the time to also be able to have animated models (it is included in V4.72 already).
                    For the clip with the crucified zombies I added a random time value for the animations and a selectable value for the base frequence of animations (which are still not available in public release).
                    It is meant for models, that might need a longer frame frequence than 0.1 seconds.
                    One idea I had was to use it to somehow "suprise / shock" the player, when he sees a model which has no animation at first glance, but then changes its shape suddenly...

Kind regards,
                    Seven

Comment

• EW is very very bad (nice particles system) , DOD is awesome,
                      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                        EW is very very bad (nice particles system) , DOD is awesome,
                        I like "Eternal War" somehow. The particle system is really nice.
                        But nahuel is right. They stole the greatest part of the work!

[QUOTE=DOD is awesome,[/QUOTE]

Comment

• @Seven

OFF-TOPIC
                          I was thinking about Chthon/Hephestus recently. And I'm wondering if it's possible to have them look as though they're one with lava? Like no seams between the model and the lava around?
                          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• @Seven

OFF-TOPIC
                            I was thinking about Chthon/Hephestus recently. And I'm wondering if it's possible to have them look as though they're one with lava? Like no seams between the model and the lava around?

Comment

• Should be possible by modifying either the model of Chthon or the lava texture or both.

Comment

• Hello hgdagon,

You seem to be very excited about it, because you posted your question twice.

A real "seamless" merging would only be possible if the lava surface and the chton model would be 1 model, as far as I know. Then, you could use a shader to make the lave flow from the lava surface 'into' chton.
                                That is possible in theory, but requires a new chton model with a flat surface around him of the size of the lava pool. And other Quake maps, which uses chton would be forced to use the same surroundings.

If you could live with a slight seam, I think there is another option:
                                You could leave all models / pools as they are. Only give chton a second skin !
                                You will then use the same texture that you use for the lave for chtons second skin.
                                You can finetune the transparency of the second skin and add a moving/animating shader to it.

I tried to merge Chton with the lava pool, where he raised from, as good as possible.
                                Adjusted the texture sized to match both and also the movement.
                                The transparency of chtons additional lava skin is adjustable via cvar. A value around 0.6 is good I think. So that you still can see his main skin, but have the impression that lava is surrounding him...

This is a WIP clip, which also shows several transparency values (as monetioned above). Which one is the best ?
                                (you need to watch it in high resolution to be able to see details)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ilVkyO3eU]Quake Chton animated lava skin shader - YouTube[/ame]

Could this be useful for what you asked for ? Or is the seam still to obvious...

Thank you for expressing your idea. I really like it a lot.

Best wishes,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X