X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Webangel,

Thank you for reaching out for me in these dark days.
    I received your mail and found some PMs and posts in this forum.

I am sorry to not visit this forum on a regular basis anymore.
    The party was big and loud as long as it lasted (hell, we had a lot of fun) but it is clearly over.

Of course I will help as good as I can by finding lost artifacts, files and source codes

Lets start with the Zerstorer v1.2, that Lightning_Hunter requested some days ago:
    Please find it here: https://quakeone.com/forum/quake-hel...657#post282657

Now, the SMC files:
    Well, they lasted and have been online quite some time/years.... I do not know what happend to the link recently. Maybe a hostile takeover
    All the screenshots have been vanished as well from the OP.
    I will try to gather them again.

In the meantime, please find the SMC packs here:
    DOWNLOAD

Have fun with our "old" but beautiful baby

@ Lightning_Hunter

Very nice work on the Warlord skin!
    He was one of the most difficult enemies I implemented into Quake.
    Only surpassed by the Reiver.

These 2 enemies have double or even triple the features (attack and defense options/styles) from regular Quake minions.
    Unfortunately almost unnoticed by most people, as they are only "replacement monsters".

Best Wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Lightning_Hunter
    replied
    Yes, I am also looking to download SMC 5.6 again, but all links are down. In particular, I need the source code that comes with the download.

Leave a comment:

• lowenz
    replied
    Link not working!

We blocked this link to be safe

We noticed something suspicious - like a lot of downloads in a day. Ask the owner to create a new link. Learn more

Leave a comment:

• Lightning_Hunter
    replied
    So yeah, I haven't done anything Quake related in over 10 years, but I started playing a bit again. This mod has come a long way; good job Seven! I saw nobody has done an HD skin for the Warlord, and I liked the model so much I decided to do one myself. Not sure if anyone is interested. It was done by hand based on the second skin, which was easier to remake.

Old skin:

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    .. and what about the new missionpacks Dimension of the Past and Dimension of the Machine?

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied

Hello Seven,
    are you think about release v5.6 for the missionpacks aswell?
    I hope so...

Regards
    w@

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoat
    replied
    hi seven. as much as i enjoy this mod i'd like to remove this. how can this be done?
    EDIT: nevermind i removed the conflicts i had
    Last edited by MusicGoat; 05-27-2021, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• roundtree
    replied
    Seven: Thank you for getting back to me. You know what, I was wrong, that cvar was there the whole time. I was using my android text editor, Old School Editor (looks like WordPerfect), and I was unaware I had to click "Next" to get to the rest of the text file. Most editors I use on Windows and Linux don't have that hangup. My phone has 8 gb of ram, so it should work fine... BTW, I forgot to say the flashlight looks great! I had to turn down the brightness a little, but it works awesome. Thank you for making one of my dreams for Quake 1 come true! Quake 1 is still my favorite Quake. I like to play it on Linux with Darkplaces mostly, but love having on my phone with Quad Touch in case I get bored somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Hi Seven
    Sorry to hear about your YouTube account, you have quite an impressive showcase of your works there.
    Also, apologies, with all the recent spam/bot activity here I guess I must have inadvertantly locked down my profile a little too enthusiasticly Hopefully you can now PM me

Kind regards
    Monty

Last edited by Mr.Burns; 05-20-2021, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Monty,

I just saw (by accident), that you replied to one of my youtube clips.
    I used a different email (that I checked today) and now also seem to not be able to reply in youtube anymore...

So I thought to drop you a PM in this forum.
    Unfortunately you disabled PMīs at quakeone.com.
    So now I write this offtopic post to somehow get in contact with you

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here (that seems the only way to "chat").
    I get mail notifications when a person sends a PM in quakeone.com, which I check on a daily basis.

Have a great week my friend.

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello roundtree,

Thank you

You will find the cvars that you are looking for in the smc_config.cfg file since SMC v5.20.
    They look like this:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#000000]////// Environmental and  Screen effects
    set flashlight_type 2                // Use flashlight feature with: 'impulse 30' (bind a key to it. See Readme.txt)   cvar values: choose between 2 different flashlight types ("1" regular and "2" cubemap style)
    set flashlight_radius 170            // adjust flashlights light radius for flashlight type 1 here
    set flashlight_cubemap_radius 700        // adjust flashlights light radius for flashlight type 2 here
    set flashlight_color_brightness_red 1.8        // adjust flashlights light intensity (color red)
    set flashlight_color_brightness_green 1.7    // adjust flashlights light intensity (color green)    
    set flashlight_color_brightness_blue 1.7    // adjust flashlights light intensity (color blue)    [/COLOR]

Please make sure that you are using the newest version of this mod and also copy/paste the smc_config.cfg from the download folder.

Have fun!

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• roundtree
    replied
    Seven, thank you for making this mod! I am now using the updated version of this mod. I deleted it just to see what the torches look like normally in Darkplaces engine. Ouch!! Quickly reinstalled it, and now they look beautiful! I just wanted to ask... the flashlight is supposed to support cubemaps and classic mode. I would like to know how to switch it please? In the smc_config, there is NO cvar for the flashlight. The file says there is one, but it does not exist. I have studied the file and cannot find it. Would you please tell me how to switch the flashlight to classic mode? Cubemaps mode did not work my renderer.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Thank you webangel.

As far as I remember you took a break from Quake some time before the last update was released.
    If you have tome, please take a look into the Change history v5.60 .txt to see what was going on behind the scenes
    Its included in the download.

Take care my friend,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Hi Seven,
    just tried your latest smc. I have to say I love it.
    the film-effects looks great and the wetsuit is outstanding.

Really nice

Leave a comment:

• nixos
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello
    hi there, thanks for making this mod... due to the darkplaces engine plasma gun bug, i recently found a modded source code for rogue based on your nail fix and plasma gun fix. i modded it in 2 days to add customized values through autoexec.cfg cvars. and i had a blast.

today i discover that:

1) there is an updated darkplaces version (i was using 2014 build, it goes up to 2018 !)
    2) you made a more recent than 2010 modded source, and it can be configured with a separate cfg file.

a new world opens to me

(btw thanks for leaving a "dumb proof" easy to compile with included compiler and gui in your 2010 release, without it i couldn't had learnt how to set new cvars and edit qc.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X