Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
    easily the most awesome picture ever uploaded to QuakOne.com (or,any other Star Trek TNG pic!)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• My concern about the gremlins were due to their usual big amount of enemies at once.
      You usualy see many of them at once and they are gibbed quite easily (-35 health), so most probably many hearts would be lying around the battlefield...
      But in principle, they are normal living creatures which have a heart.
      So I will add it to the gremlins.

The scourge (which is the scorpion by the way) is a diffcult one.
      Yes, it has "borg-like" implants, but I think the most of it is a regular living creature.
      So I most probably give him a heart.
      They never appear in groups, so that is OK.

What is a "floating ball" ? Do you mean the spikmine ?
      Yes, these should not have a heart at all (they do not spawn any gibs either).

I will think about the statues and their stone-gems...

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Comment

• @seven
        yeah, thats what i meant when i said 'floating ball', the spikemine.
        im sorry about that, had completely forgotten their name
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• The Rogue Lavaguns should boil the water when you go into it and the water should cool down your weapon.
          Rising waterbubbles around the hot Lavaguns should look great.

Comment

• Nice idea Webangel..I think that could look cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              easily the most awesome picture ever uploaded to QuakOne.com (or,any other Star Trek TNG pic!)
              Except the shot of the retro-fitted Enterprise from the series finale. That was just weird. Comon, three war nacelles...?

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
                The Rogue Lavaguns should boil the water when you go into it and the water should cool down your weapon.
                Rising waterbubbles around the hot Lavaguns should look great.

click

I tried it several month back and unfortunately have to say that it is not possible.
                Reason: view_weapons are not really models as all the rest in the Quake world.
                They dont have a real size. They are only drawn/glued on the lower edge of your monitor so to speak. They are only visible in 1st person view by the player himself.
                It is hard to express with my bad english...

I can of course spawn bubbles when you are equipped with lava nailguns and you dive into water (water level 3). This is all doable with QC, but the spawned bubbles will never surround the view_weapons (like they can do it with other models). They will always be in front of it.
                And the next issue is:
                To get the "feeling" that bubbles are spawned near your view_weapons, makes it necessary to spawn them directly in front of your face so to speak.
                This makes the size of them very large. But if you move only 1 step backwards, you will see them tiny, tiny sized (= their real size).
                These 2 facts makes it impossible.
                I am sorry.

Best wishes,
                Seven
                Last edited by Seven; 08-23-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Seven: Any idea why the wetsuit effect works in the demos, but not when I'm playing the game? Here are screenshots.

Also, all other particle effects and what not work in game, but not in the demos. Is it possible to change that? I would like record quake done quickest looking as nice as I can.

and a final question, the update log of 3.75 says you added ability to use all cheats (quad damage, invis, wetsuit, runes, etc) how is that done? I looked through the code and couldn't find any give or impulse commands.
                  Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• Regarding cheats:

- 'impulse 252' = gives you "Ring of Shadows"
                    - 'impulse 253' = gives you "Pentagram of Protection"
                    - 'impulse 254' = gives you "Biosuit"
                    - 'impulse 255' = gives you "Quad Damage"

You can find it in .\00 detailed Readme.txt´s and screenshots\Readme Additional cheats.txt

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
                      Seven: Any idea why the wetsuit effect works in the demos, but not when I'm playing the game?
                      Hello Roy Batty,

The "small mod compilation" V4.01 gives you the possibility to use custom biosuit particle effects, but since V3.70 there is no default effect implemented.

The reason why you see the effect in the demo is because you use an external biosuit model with hardcoded effect flag !
                      The demo does not make use of SMC´s modified progs.dat and therefore uses the models hardcoded effect name, which is in this case: wizards projectile trail (TR_WIZSPIKE)

If you want to have the exact same effect that you see in your demo/screenshot also in your game, it is no problem to do it.
                      Simply add this block anywhere into your effectinfo.txt:
                      effect biosuit
                      lightradius 70
                      lighttime 0
                      lightcolor 0.188 1.76 0

But I do not recommend this effect. It is too strong (blinding).
                      Try this more soften one instead (if you want to keep the green color):
                      effect biosuit
                      lightradius 70
                      lighttime 0
                      lightcolor 0.2 0.8 0

If you want to have a brown-ish effect color (which fits to Ruohis´s biosuit that you are using), I recommend this one:
                      effect biosuit
                      lightradius 170
                      lighttime 0
                      lightcolor 0.54 0.35 0.17

Just try all one-by-one, or create your own effect. It is all up to you

The biosuit is the only powerup which has no default effect in the "small mod compilation".
                      We did not like it and therefore did not put an effect in it.
                      But I gave you the possibility to do so (as described above).

===================

Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
                      Also, all other particle effects and what not work in game, but not in the demos. Is it possible to change that? I would like record quake done quickest looking as nice as I can.
                      It is not possible to see the custom effects in the original ID1 demos.
                      I explained details here in my answer to GiSWiG.
                      But it is possible to record a new demo and keep all of the effects if you keep the custom external files as well.

===================

Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
                      and a final question, the update log of 3.75 says you added ability to use all cheats (quad damage, invis, wetsuit, runes, etc) how is that done? I looked through the code and couldn't find any give or impulse commands.
                      You are speaking about the "code", so if you are interested where the additional cheat codes are in the QC-source, look into weapons.qc (at the bottom of the file).
                      Webangel described where you can read more about it in the readme´s of the "small mod compilation".

Have fun with the "small mod compilation".

Kind regards,
                      Seven

Comment

• webangel, and seven. Thank you for clearing up all my questions
                        Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r2AJI_mzgo]experimental flame - YouTube[/ame]
                          I was experimenting with particlefont and effectinfo to get something like a realistic fire for SMC

effect particleflamebig
                          count 12
                          type static
                          blend add
                          tex 53 56
                          size 20 1
                          sizeincrease -4
                          alpha 400 128 900
                          gravity -0.2
                          originoffset 0 0 -4
                          originjitter 10 10 15
                          rotate 160 200 10 40
                          velocityjitter 4 4 32
                          velocitymultiplier 60

//full particle fire (big fire) - fire //this is used for particle torch flames (original idea by Chip & Seanstar, modified by jakub)
                          effect particleflamebig
                          countabsolute 1
                          type static
                          tex 0 7
                          size 4 9
                          alpha 10 150 220
                          originoffset 0 0 -8
                          originjitter 0 0 2
                          airfriction 4
                          bounce 0
                          velocityjitter 3 3 15
                          gravity -0.15
                          notunderwater
                          color 0xCC2900 0xFFD966

//full particle fire (big fire) - bright smoke //this is used for particle torch flames (original idea by Chip & Seanstar, modified by jakub)
                          effect particleflamebig
                          countabsolute 0.3
                          type smoke
                          tex 0 7
                          color 0x303030 0x303030
                          size 6 10
                          sizeincrease 5
                          alpha 0 140 80
                          originoffset 0 0 25
                          originjitter 3 3 5
                          airfriction 5
                          bounce -1
                          gravity -0.3
                          notunderwater

/*
                          //full particle fire (big fire) - darker smoke //this is used for particle torch flames (original idea by Chip & Seanstar, modified by jakub)
                          effect particleflamebig
                          countabsolute 1
                          type alphastatic
                          tex 0 7
                          color 0x303030 0x303030
                          size 3 5
                          sizeincrease 5
                          alpha 50 130 130
                          originoffset 0 0 12
                          originjitter 5 5 5
                          velocityjitter 1 1 1
                          airfriction 5
                          bounce -1
                          gravity -0.3
                          notunderwater
                          */

//full particle fire (big fire) - sparkles //this is used for particle torch flames (original idea by Chip & Seanstar, modified by jakub)
                          effect particleflamebig
                          countabsolute 3
                          type snow
                          tex 40 40
                          color 0xFFBF80 0xFFFF80
                          size 0.3 0.6
                          stretchfactor 1
                          sizeincrease -0.2
                          alpha 150 150 80
                          originjitter 8 8 12
                          originoffset 0 0 -4
                          airfriction 8
                          bounce -1
                          velocityjitter 120 120 130
                          velocitymultiplier -0.2
                          gravity -0.2
                          notunderwater

I am using 53-56 "slots" from particle font , these slots were used just for muzzleflash of nailguns and supernailguns, you just to reduce the range of "slots" used

my custom particlefont particlefont.tga - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - nahuel scorza Maybe if seven like the idea can fix this stuff
                          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Looks good nahuel.
                            Could you please upload your particlefont to another site as I can never get 4shared to let me get anything.

Thanks

Comment

• Hello Nahuel,

This kind of spirit is exactly what the "small mod compilation" is made for.
                              It shall be improved by interested people.

Your idea to use a new texture for the fire is exactly correct.
                              But please dont use tex fields 53-56. They are already used.
                              Free textures are: 37-39.
                              These are free and are not used by any effect in the "small mod compilation".

I cannot download your particlefont, so I cannot test it...

But thank you very much for your ideas.

Bst wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                                Hello Nahuel,

This kind of spirit is exactly what the "small mod compilation" is made for.
                                It shall be improved by interested people.

Your idea to use a new texture for the fire is exactly correct.
                                But please dont use tex fields 53-56. They are already used.
                                Free textures are: 37-39.
                                These are free and are not used by any effect in the "small mod compilation".

I cannot download your particlefont, so I cannot test it...

But thank you very much for your ideas.

Bst wishes,
                                Seven
                                OK i will use 37 39 !! and i will reupload the newparticlefont
                                the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
                                X