X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great, downloading it now!
    excited to see what you did with the lava-splash for grenades & rockets

an idea though seven.
    seeing as the SMC itself is less then 15mb, and the starters-kit for multi-skin is over 100mb....
    would it maybe be an idea to have both as seperate downloads in first post of the thread instead? so that if people wanna update their SMC to the newest version, they can only download the SMC itself and arent forced to also re-download the multiskin pk3 with it?
    cuz this way every time you make an update people have to do an over 150mb big download

so imo it would be a good idea to have the SMC and the multiskin starters-kit as seperate downloads. or perhaps add the option to download each seperately and one download which has both.

cuz i dont see the need to also redownload the multiskin starterskit every time, but im forced to redownload that one too every time cuz the SMC and multi-skin kit are packed into one download,
    which cranks the size of the download from just over 15mb up to over 150mb instead, which also means that it takes lot longer to download it
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just tried it, and the new lava-splash for grenades&rockets is totally kick-ass seven

you did an amazing job, they're perfect and exactly what i meant
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Seven... *inhales slowly*
        You are a god among modders, no joking.
        Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Hello,

I just wanted to point this out, now that splitterface is providing some modified monster skins to be used with the "multiskin/multimodel" feature:

There is no limitation in the "small mod compilation" to only be able to use 2 High Poly models/skins at the same time.

You can use these combinations at the same time:
          A) 1 .mdl + 2 .md3 models/skins
          B) 2 .mdl + 1 .md3 models/skins
          C) 3 .md3 models/skins
          D) 3 .mdl models/skins

As I said, you can use maximum 3 models/skins at the same time !
          It doesnt matter if they are .mdl or .md3 or combinations of both.

So it is possible to use 2 different skins for the shambler castle monsters together with the Reforged skin for ID1 monster.
          It is also possible to use 3 different skins for the shambler castle monsters.
          This is of course also valid for the shambler:
          Use 2 skins of Andrew Joll shambler + 1 skin for ID1 shambler at the same time.

You simply need to make use of the ".skin" .md3 feature.
          Set the cvar to "3" if you want to use 3 skins at the same time.

Example for the Demon:
          Name Obi Wans demon model: "demon.mdl" and "demon1.mdl".
          Put both into your "progs" folder.
          Now create 1 file called "demon.mdl_0.skin" and 1 file called "demon.mdl_1.skin".
          With this content:
          For demon.mdl_0.skin:
          qdemon,textures/qdemon0.tga
          qdemon_teeth,textures/qdemon_teeth0.tga
          For demon.mdl_1.skin:
          qdemon,textures/qdemon1.tga
          qdemon_teeth,textures/qdemon_teeth1.tga
          Note that the first word is the naming of the MESH in the .md3 file !
          Open the .md3 models with an editor to see the mesh names.

Now name 1st texture set: qdemon0.tga and qdemon_teeth0.tga and put it into your "textures" folder.
          And name 2nd texture set : qdemon1.tga and qdemon_teeth1.tga and put it into your "textures" folder.
          Of course the _gloss and _norm textures accordingly.
          These sets will now be used by "demon.mdl"
          The 3rd set, which "demon1.mdl" will use has the original name: qdemon.tga and qdemon_teeth.tga

That is it.

"Small mod compilation" will now use all 3 sets randomly:
          - qdemon0.tga
          - qdemon1.tga
          - qdemon.tga

And never forget, who gave you the shambler castle monsters: OoPpEe.
          He had a LOT of work in going through each and every animation and converting them from the md5 skeleton to a md3 animation. Using the exact names and quantity that QuakeC uses.
          This means: Dealing with a lot less animations and even correcting single animations to make them fit into Quake.

I hope this helps you a bit.
          Have fun playing with the monster skins

Kind regards,
          Seven

Comment

• hey seven

just tried what you said following your exact instructions to allow the vore to have 3 skins, but when i do so i end up with 2 skins, and instead of a 3rd skin i get a completely invisible vore as 3rd when i went in-game

EDIT: just tried again from scratch, and this time when i am in-game i only get the first 2 skins that i defined with the .skin files, but i just simply get no vore with the 3rd skin to show up, no matter how often i restart a map i only get the two skins i defined through the .skin files

EDIT2: nvm i found what the prob was. it was a problem with the way you explained. cuz the way you said it, it would reset the mesh named Qvore to Qvore0 and Qvore1...
            and if you use the same model for which both use the same mesh-name it will also remap the texture of shalrath1.mdl cuz it uses the same naming.

solved it myself by using a mdl which used different naming for shalrath1.mdl, and now i have 3 skins for the vore

thanx again for the help seven

(sorry people, best shot i could get of 3 vores without my screen full of particles from vore-explosions )

LINKS REMOVED, NEW LINKS CAN BE FOUND HERE IN OFFICIAL MULTI-SKIN THREAD
            to use it, just drop the pk3 in your ID1 folder and change/add 'set shalrathmultiskin 3' to your autoexec.cfg.

EDIT: updated link to new pk3 which makes usage of the darkplaces '.skin' feature which doesnt require editing the mdl files
            Last edited by talisa; 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Hello splitterface,

First of all thank you for your upload.

But there is no need to create a different shalrath model.
              You can delete the *special* "shalrath1.mdl" and make a simple copy of "shalrath.mdl", and call the simple copy "shalrath1.mdl".

It will use the standard textures:
              - qvore.tga
              - qvore_teeth.tga
              Just like I explained.

You do not need a ".skin" file for the "shalrath1.mdl" model, nor extra texture naming.
              I just tried it and it works.

You must know, that a ".skin" file overrides the texture path which is included inside of the md3 files itself.
              When you create a standard .md3 model you can give a texture path for every mesh of the model.
              Quake3 models usualy use:
              models/players/model/skin.tga

By using a ".skin" file you can use the path and texture naming you want for every mesh:
              splitter/face/is/a/woman.tga

In the example with the Shalrath:
              "shalrath.mdl" uses:
              - qvore0.png (for skin0)
              - qvore1.png (for skin1)

"shalrath1.mdl" uses:
              - qvore.png (= original texture name for the only skin= skin0)

So everything is fine and there is no interference, even though the mesh has the same name in both models.

Best wishes,
              Seven

Comment

• @seven.
                i had tried the way you described before,
                but i needed to add a model which used different texture-naming for shalrath1.mdl,
                otherwise for that model it would just use the same texture i defined in one of .skin files as well instead of the qvore.tga textures when i tried it in-game

so thats why i added a 2nd shalrath.mdl model which has different texture-naming

cuz the way you said it did not work when just simply using a copy of the original hi-poly mdl which i renamed to shalrath1.mdl , tried that and it didnt work corrrectly

Comment

• Hmmm,

I just did it and it worked.
                  Used your "shalrath.mdl", made a copy of it and named it "shalrath1.mdl".
                  Deleted your *special* "shalrath1.mdl".
                  Replaced the "x" in front of your *special* textures with a "q" and it worked just fine.

I am not sure what the issue is on your side, but in the end it works.
                  And that is what counts.

The instruction can be used for all .md3 models.
                  Also for armor models (they use 3 skins in Quake).
                  So you only need 3 ".skin" files: pointing to 3 different textures.
                  Even though the mesh is the same (just like the Shalrath), it will NOT use the same texture.
                  So you can use the armor models I sent you, too if you want.

Kind regards,
                  Seven
                  Last edited by Seven; 03-02-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• hmm thats strange...
                    cuz when i did it the exact same way it didnt work correctly

could you maybe send me your versions you made? so i can look at it,
                    and see what i maybe did wrong why it didnt work when i did it, maybe i made some typo somewhere or such

Comment

• This is the condition the way I described it above:

Used "shalrath.mdl", made a copy of it and named it "shalrath1.mdl".
                      Deleted your *special* "shalrath1.mdl".
                      Replaced the "x" in front of your *special* textures with a "q"

I use DarkPlaces 20110820.

That is the secret passage in "Azure Agony"

Comment

• EDITED:
                        Attached the .ent file, so you dont have to walk so far after each restart.
                        /EDITED
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Yikes, that one on the far left looked real scary compared to the other ones
                          Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• hmm strange... when i do that and set the correct setting in my autoexec.cfg i dont get the same but it only uses the qvore0 and qvore1 textures
                            and i dont get a vore using the qvore texture no matter how often i restart

lemme attach the pk3 i made just a bit ago following your instructions so you can try if it does work for you,
                            and if not if you can check what i might have done wrong

EDIT: LINK REMOVED

btw im using the darkplaces 20110702 version, which you had recommended me a few months ago when i asked for builds which had best performance when having offsetmapping plus reliefmapping enabled
                            Last edited by talisa; 03-02-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Hello Ghostbreed,

Yes scary they are.
                              That is what Quake should be: scary.
                              The more the better !

Hello Splitterface,

Your pk3 from last post works.
                              If this one doesnt work for you, then you should really consider to:
                              - update to 20110820
                              - delete all other replacement monsters/skins in your Quake
                              - set your shalrath cvar to "3"

@ all

Please tell me what you think about this lightbeam effect (see Download below).
                              You need SMC and the lightbeam model, then please test the file below.
                              Look in the lightbeam from every direction and see if you like it.
                              Thanks.

Regards,
                              Seven
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Ha

Hello Seven,
                                I like your "Gluehwuermchen".
                                Great.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...chenImWald.jpg

Good Idea!
                                Last edited by webangel; 03-02-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X