Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @seven

nvm i didnt need to update to another build of darkplaces.
    i just found what the problem was for me...

i also had the shamblers castle pk3 in my ID1 folder, and the textures inside that pk3 had file-extension tga, and the ones in my pk3 for triple skin had png file-extension...
    apparently dp doesnt only sort files it loads by alphabet on filename, but it also sorts files by extension.

and thus the tga files in the shamblers castle pk3 were loaded last cuz they had tga extension and the ones in my pk3 had png... tga starts with T and png with a P... and thus the engine loaded the ones from shamblers castle pk3 last

fixed it by converting all textures inside my pk3 to tga, and now it works:

so in the end it wasnt that there was something wrong with my quake, but the engine just sorted them wrong cuz of the file-extensions

EDIT: ive also fixed the link to the vore tripleskin pk3 in my post a few pages earlier to new pk3 which makes use of the 'skin' feature and has tga instead of png files, so that the textures inside the shamblers castle pk3 dont override the ones inside the tripleskin pk3
    Last edited by talisa; 03-02-2012, 02:50 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello Seven

Is there any way to turn off the sound when bullets hits the armor of knights? It's kinda annoying really and it's weird to hear it when you squish them..
      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
        Hello Seven

Is there any way to turn off the sound when bullets hits the armor of knights? It's kinda annoying really and it's weird to hear it when you squish them..
        You recognize it now??
        Oh come on

I love this sound. It´s fitting to Quake!

Comment

• Lol no They just started becoming really annoying just now.

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
            Ha

Hello Seven,
            I like your "Gluehwuermchen".
            Great.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...chenImWald.jpg

Good Idea!
            Hello webangel,

I had the idea while my youngest daughter watched a lovely animated cartoon movie.
            In a bewitched forest, the sunlights sparkled through the trees/sleeves.
            Dust and Gluehwuermchen were flying in the lightbeams...
            That was the inspiration.
            It fits quite good into the lightbeam scene I think, too.
            Even though Quake is not a bewitched forest...
            Thank you.

Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
            Hello Seven

Hello Ghostbreed,

sure there is.
            Please open your "small mod compilation" with winrar or winzip.
            Browse to the sound folder.
            Inside the sound folder you will find many others.
            Please delete these 2:
            - hknight
            - knight
            That is all (they include the custom sound files).

If you still here the sound, you most probably use the other sound pack.
            Those files are inside that one too, I think.

Best wishes,
            Seven

Comment

• just wanted to let you guys know i decided to make a new thread for all the secondary skins ive made for the hi-poly models so the posts about them dont clutter other threads and they can be found more easily

thread can be found here: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sters-smc.html
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thanks Seven.
                Sounds great, Splitter Keep us posted

Comment

• Hipnotic diary...

Lasergun:
                  Used Jakub´s Enforcer lasergun effects as a base.
                  Modified / adjusted them to fit the MP1 Lasergun.
                  Raised chance of spawning impact effect from 15% to 50% in QC.
                  Deleted the more than seldom spawned EF_DIMLIGHT.
                  Used no light in trail to avoid performance drop.
                  Wanted to keep the particles subtle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2nXxqOQ06c&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake-MP1-Lasergun-effects-wip.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• @seven

the lasergun effect looks totally awesomes

Comment

• Very nice stuff Seven!

Comment

• SMC death animation adjustments

Don't really think this deserved it's own thread, so I'm gonna post it here:
                        smc_death_animation_adjustment_pack.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

some users complained to me they found the death animations distracting from core gameplay, and rather than turn them off (because I think they're great) I made a small mod to tone some of them down. There's two pk3s within the zip, one for 'light' ie. very toned-down, one for 'medium' ie. halfway.

Mostly soundFX changes, some small some big, but a couple of graphical changes to the 'ascensions' (both demon and skeleton). You can see them here:

Mostly just toned down the opacity of them - although the medium demon retains his claw, teeth, eye, horn highlights...

The sound differences are the main thing, and are numerous - from just turning stuff down to wholy different sounds.

A couple of sounds are removed, replaced by empty wav files.
                        Many sounds have been replaced, and some combined with the originals to form new sounds. Some of the alternative sounds in seven's own pack are used in a couple of cases.

Other sounds have simply been re-EQ'ed or reduced in volume, such as the thunder sound.
                        The rain ambience sound has been replaced with a gentler sound-
                        and incidentally Seven, you might wanna play the original rain sound in winamp - I'm sure the original author won't mind his work being used in this way, given that it's a small snippet of a much larger CD, but you might want to tell him just in case.

This is not in any way shape or form designed to be 'better' content, just different. Although I really like my medium screaming skull.

That aside, I just wanted to say that the new effects look amazing.
                        There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

• in last few weeks ive discovered that through the smc's multi-skin feature its also possible to have 3skins for the normal low-poly ID1 monster models, and ive set up triple skin packages for most monsters since then,
                          and i wanted to let all of you know that ive made a special thread for that as well:
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sters-smc.html

for example, having 3 skins for the hellknight

Comment

• just wanted to report a sorta bug

when a shambler is in lava and when a sham-corpse is in lava,
                            only the feet seem to be on fire, and not the entire shambler,
                            which looks kinda weird, especially when a shams corpse is in lava.

as far as i know this can only happen in E1M8 cuz off the low gravity in that map.

would be great if it could be fixed, so that if a sham is in lava and when its corpse is in lava
                            the entire shams is on fire, and not only the feet
                            Last edited by talisa; 03-18-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• ... you should stop playing with shamblers in lava ! They dont like it
                              Their bbox is too big for the effect. Differs extremely from all others.
                              An extra QC check is possible (together with an additional effectinfo entry),
                              but due to almost zero chance of happening I skip this one.
                              ... there are other much more important things coming your way.

Previews of "small mod compilation" V3.80:

Hipnotic:

Forcefiled (showed in another thread already):
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfmJClQPLqA&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=4&feature=plcp]Quake-MP1-forcefield-replacement.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Lasergun-projectile (showed in another thread already)
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2nXxqOQ06c&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=3&feature=plcp]Quake-MP1-Lasergun-effects-wip.avi - YouTube[/ame]

New friends and foes:

(I thought: Why not... ?)

ROGUE:

New candle flames:
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P15yO2WigA0&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=2&feature=plcp]Quake-particle-candles.avi - YouTube[/ame]

New interactive weapons:
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5HkfGYFAXI]Quake-interactive-weapon-skins-final.avi - YouTube[/ame]

New friends and foes:

An Ogre Boss is NO Ogre boss without his Tattoo and multi-weapon

Work in progress...

Comment

• @seven
                                yes yes, very true, it rarely ever happens for a shams to get into lava. thats why i added that afaik it can only happen in E1M8.
                                its something which isnt of real importance since the extremely small chance of it happening, but it would still be neat if it could be adressed some time after more important stuff is done.

where'd you get that 3rd scorpion skin? i only knew the other 2 but ive never seen that 3rd one most to the right in that pic

the lava-NG and lava-SNG effect is quite cool. will that effect work with the weapons from webangel which already have the pulsating glow animation?

and wanted to say the simple recoloring of the spikebombs is quite brilliant. wouldnt have come up with that myself, to just simply recolor them looks cool, although i dun think i wouldve gone for blue myself as 3rd version. red one is cool though

btw another thing i just thought about.. will it also work for rogue to have 3 skins for normal knight and hellknight PLUS the stone one?

Comment

Working...
                                X