No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm...very interesting. I never noticed this as I too was using one of your old zombie-trinity skin packs with the z when we were testing. When I use the new starter kit..sure enough there is the bug. I'll just use my old one until the bug is fixed.Sorry we missed it in testing.

Comment

• Dear all,

The zombie custom-animation bug is fixed and I uploaded V4.01.
      I want to apologize again for the inconvenience.

Please find updated link in 1st post.

Webangel & Splitterface,
      Could you be so kind and create your sendspace/mediafire mirros again ?
      There should be no more bugs in this version.

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
      GREAT WORK SEVEN !!! i am very impressed about your SMC, i believe you are a professional about effectinfo.txt and ssqc effects MAybe some stuff can be carried to csqc to run easier !! (i speak about a little csqc menu to get all the options -cvars- easily and nicer, and not the tedious edition of autoexec.cfg ) I love your mod thanks!
      Hello Nahuel,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
      Your idea to move the settings via CSQC directly into the games menu is very good.
      But then the description of the cvar itself and of all values must be implemented as well, because even though I tried to name every cvar as self-explaining as possible, the different values need more detailed descriptions.
      CSQC can surely cover this as well...

Maybe one day we will stick our heads together and extend this mod to CSQC
      Time will tell...

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
      Hmmm...very interesting. I never noticed this as I too was using one of your old zombie-trinity skin packs with the z when we were testing. When I use the new starter kit..sure enough there is the bug. I'll just use my old one until the bug is fixed.Sorry we missed it in testing.
      Hello Jeff,

No need to excuse yourself. It was my fault.
      These kind of things happen when you do this too much:

Thank you all for your support.
      Seven

Comment

• Comment

• @seven
          sure, of course ill upload it to my mediafire account and give you the link.
          when it finally finished downloading that is. downloading from rapidshare is real buggy for me, the download keeps freezing constantly and takes 10times as long as it should when downloading from rapidshare

anyways, thats of course not your problem, the problem is with rapidshare of course.
          but yeah sure, ill make a mirror for it on my mediafire account

btw kinda funny that i didnt notice that bug untill you mentioned it, while i had been busy having fun with the new effects blowing up zombies a lot, lol

EDIT: downloading smc finally finished, uploading it right away
          EDIT2 upload is done, here's download link: Quake-Small-Mod-Compilation-V4.01--Seven-20120812 - MEDIAFIRE
          Last edited by talisa; 08-12-2012, 09:13 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Sendspace Mirror:
            Download 00 Quake-Small-Mod-Compilation-V4.01--Seven-20120812.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Comment

• Link to 4.0 removed!! Replaced 4.01 Link!

BTW!
              I can't remember I invited you to my last crazy student party!

Last edited by webangel; 08-12-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Yes I remember that party...

Wasn´t it the night, where we didnt pay attention, couldnt control ourselves and "Sevangel" has been made ?

Comment

• nono... pleaseee.. no another version.. i need more free time :-)

i've been neglecting quake recently. i bought the whole stalker serie a few months ago (very addictive game and with mods like complete or mistery/misery graphics is simply mind-blowing) and just when i finished clear sky and was about starting call of pripyat; another version of smc emerged.
                  -
                  nooo.. it took me a lot of time to redesign my effectinfo for the previous version once again and here we are back to quare one. new version, new effects, new tweaking :-)
                  -
                  but no, i'm not complaining keep them coming. feature list looks impresive. plan for this weekend is clear.

jakub
                  Last edited by jakub1; 08-15-2012, 01:52 AM.
                  my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                  Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                  Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Yes I remember that party...

Wasn´t it the night, where we didnt pay attention, couldnt control ourselves and "Sevangel" has been made ?

Mother of Shub Niggurath!! aniway he/she will be a great quake modder
                    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoKrwlQsR6A]Babasonicos - Lajotape [Carolo 2012] - YouTube[/ame]
                    Like this great song
                    "se quedó sola y sin revolución, la JOTAPE no te entiende, dicen que estás equivocada"
                    i am becoming to lost my head ...
                    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• bug? flamestyle 2 problem in 4.01?

Testing this with no other mods loaded other than rtlights and using the example autoexec.cfg with the default...
                      set flamestyle 2

4.10, I see no flame effects, just a glow. Just start a new game and look around the 'Introduction'.

In 3.8, I see flames, beautiful flames I must say...

Am I missing something or is this a bug?
                      Just noticed to that you do not see the flame effect in the intro video in either 3.80 or 4.01. By design?

Comment

• i am becoming to lost my head
                        - I love foreign English. It's like an entirely different language that I totally understand.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• @giswig
                          they show just fine for me giswig, so there must be a problem with your configuration.

just checking... you do use darkplaces, right?
                          cuz this mod is darkplaces only, and a lot of the features will not work at all in other engines
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                            @giswig
                            they show just fine for me giswig, so there must be a problem with your configuration.
                            Heh, figures...

I'm using the 20110628 build of darkplaces (only use darkplaces)

Here is my config.cfg, minus the 'bind' statements
                            Code:
                            "cl_backspeed" "200"
                            "cl_forwardspeed" "200"
                            "cl_particles_quality" "2"
                            "cl_stainmaps" "1"
                            "crosshair" "5"
                            "r_bloom" "1"
                            "r_lerpsprites" "1"
                            "r_shadow_realtime_world" "1"
                            "snd_wav_partitionsize" "1024"
                            "vid_fullscreen" "0"
                            "vid_height" "768"
                            "vid_width" "1024"
                            add to that, the example autoexec.cfg from the smallmods (renamed of course to autoexec.cfg)

Everything else seems to work fine (kicking gibs, body parts flying, death animations, etc...)

Comment

• hmm... i thought to remember that build wasnt perfectly stable

try using this build instead of the one your are currently using: darkplaces-20110702.zip
                              i use that build myself, seven recommended it to me.
                              and i am sure that the flames do work in that build.

if that still doesnt work, please do post a screenshot of your darkplaces/ID1 folder,
                              and include your autoexec.cfg

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                                try using this build instead of the one your are currently using: darkplaces-20110702.zip
                                i use that build myself, seven recommended it to me.
                                and i am sure that the flames do work in that build.
                                I will check it out, but will have to wait until tonight sometime. Thanks

@Seven
                                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...-malice-2.html

Remember this? You mentioned that some things are preventing you from using later builds. Is this 20110702 you latest preferred? Interesting how it is not in LHs files on his site and the filename does not say beta.

Comment

Working...
                                X