Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those look great
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• HiHi, Seven! I gave you my heart.

Last edited by webangel; 09-26-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• oh, idea...

mebbe add a cracked look to the stone heart though?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• looking just as pioneering as it did from the start. gonna dl the newest one and give it a go since its been a while that ive updated. danke

Comment

• Seven, I installed the 4.01 Update today, and I'm getting some errors.

(0) : error C1115: unable to find compatible overloaded function "tex2Dgather(sampler2D, vec2, ivec2, int)"
            (line offset for any above warnings/errors: 42)

GLSL shader glsl/default.glsl lightsource diffuse colormapping fogoutside specular offsetmapping reliefmapping shadowmap2d shadowmappcf shadowmapvsdct failed! some features may not work properly.

any ideas what's causing them? I didn't have this with the 4.01 Fixed.
            Last edited by Roy Batty; 09-26-2012, 06:49 PM.
            Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• @roy
              did you just recently update nvidia drivers to the newer 304.48 or 304.79 betas, or to the newer 306.23?
              if so, downgrade back to 301.42, thatll fix it

i had the same problem too, its related to a bug in those drivers.
              had it before myself too with 304.48 and 304.79 drivers, and i just tested and the new 306.23 drivers seem to have the same bug

so just simply downgrade back to 301.42 drivers and the errors will be gone

Comment

• Ah so it's a driver bug, that explains it. Thanks splitterface.
                Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• @roy
                  yeah its not related to smc, its related to nvidia drivers bug

Comment

• Hello,

I had this crazy idea to improve the visual of the demon / fiend a little bit by adding fire-like footprint-marks when he walks over the floor.
                    Maybe some people like it...

Kind regards,
                    Seven
                    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpyRWO-vqg&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw&index=1&feature= plcp]Quake hell demon - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• hmm its ok, not bad seven
                      i kinda like it

idea though.... how about adding walking sounds to enemies? like kleshik has. seeing your post i had to think of that, and i thought it added quite a lot to the ambience of the game, that you could hear enemies walking around. like if a fiend was patrolling near you could hear he was near by the clop clop sounds

it would be awesome if you added that feature from kleshik into the SMC

Comment

• To be honest, I have never played kleshik.
                        I have read about it and saw some screens from webangel and bluntz, but that is it.

If you want to add footstep sounds for the monsters, the first thing to do is: find free footstep sounds that match the different monsters. The QC part is not the problem here.
                        Due to the fact, that I dont have any, I will most probably not do it.

================

Dear all,

as you know, the skills in Quake are:
                        "0" = easy
                        "1" = medium
                        "2" = hard
                        "3" = nightmare

I guess for most of you, even the nightmare skill is like a walk in the park. (for me not, but for you hardcore gamers sure enough)

That is why I thought about a way to make Quake more challenging again...
                        Then I had this weird idea last night:
                        Make the monsters a little transparent

This way, even for the experienced players, Quake will get back some of these frightening moments, which we all had, when playing Quake for the 1st time.
                        I remember myself, as I threw away my mouse because a demon jumped at me from the dark.

Implementation of this feature was quite easy, due to DarkPlaces "alpha" extension.
                        I made a cvar whith which you can set/adjust any transparency for the monsters, between
                        "0" = totally invisible and
                        "100" = normal

The below youtube clip shows 50% transparency.
                        Try 25% is you are ready for some shocking moments
                        Or try 5% if you want to hunt ghosts

I think this is a neat small addition for the compilation.
                        But then again, I was wrong many times... and only you decide if its good or not.

Have fun,
                        Seven
                        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk_XUQzftNo&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake adjustable transparent monsters - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• @seven
                          you should really try kleshik some time, its really great. it hugely increases difficulty by adding more monsters and randomly replacing monsters with more difficult ones and such
                          and it adds cool screen-effects a la doom3
                          its officially a coop mod but its also great fun for sp cuz it hugely icnreases difficulty of the game
                          i really recommend giving it a try, its really awesome

if you wanna give it a try, you can get it from quaketastic:
                          multiplayer mods @ quaketastic

about the walking sounds.... here's a rar containing the ones from kleshik
                          kleshik monster sounds.rar
                          so will you please implent it then? that would be totally awesome, i love that the monsters all have sound when they walk in kleshik

Comment

• Sorry I haven't been on in a while to comment Seven, I hope Webangel informed you of the situation.

Some nice ideas here. I like the transparency idea for a few of the monsters, but not all for my tastes. I like the footprints but could you make the smoke adjustable too? That way people could find their own sweet spot.

Appreciate your creativity as always my friend..keep up the excellent work!!

Comment

• What about making transparency something like 1 - 0.2 * skill ?
                              Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                                about the walking sounds.... here's a rar containing the ones from kleshik
                                kleshik monster sounds.rar
                                so will you please implent it then? that would be totally awesome, i love that the monsters all have sound when they walk in kleshik
                                Are you sure they can be used? I am interested for the iq mod.

Secondly, for increased difficulty you can also try iq, respawning monsters (in skill 3) and their increased resistance to pain make the game a little more difficult.
                                Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X