No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you need ogre footstep sounds, then you could start searching by yourself...
    Google will show you these: click
    "Footsteps Sound Effect 1" has all you are looking for.
    Use Audacity if you need to finetune/edit them.

Comment

• @ splitterface

I must admit, now that I implemented some monsters footsteps into the smc, I like it a lot. That was a good thing to suggest it splitterface. I never really thought about this...
      But I decided to do it a little different than kleshik does it.

I also played kleshik some minutes and I must say:
      - Technically this mod is brilliant and it really implements horror.
      - Gameplay-wise this is no longer Quake.
      Anyhow, a must-try for the technically enthusiasts.
      Thank you for mentioning it.

Now back to work...
      Seven

Comment

• yw for mentioning it

and i knew you'd like it, it really adds to the dark evil ambience of quake to hear the enemies walk around even when you cant see them yet. and walk somewhere and suddenly find yourself going like 'oh shit... tack tack tack.... i know that sounds... shit theres a vore nearby'

and yeah i totally love the added horror elements kleshik adds
        thats why i mentioned it, cuz beside being a coop mod it also adds a doom3 like horror element to quake
        but yeah i agree the mod does cahnge the gameplay quite a lot in some parts. but i think its one of the best mods for quake ever still.

anyways... cant wait till you finished implenting monster walking sounds into quake. its one of the most awesome things of kleshik i think. cant wait to have it too in the smc

and of course the screenshaking and the dust flowing up when a shambler dies and smashes into the ground..... thats totally awesome too, you should totally implent that into the SMC too seven
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello splitterface,

I think I mentioned it before, but would like to repeat myself here:
          It is time that you start to learn QC.

Sometimes I think that you are almost overflowing with ideas, and you sound very excited while explaining them. So why not count 1+1 together and learn QC. It is not as difficult as you might think.

It is sometimes hard for me to keep track with new ideas.
          Version V4.1 should have been released since some time already, but continuesly new things/ideas made me lost the timeschedule

But now back to important things:

You mentioned 2 things:
          a) dust flowing up when a shambler dies
          b) screenshaking when a shambler dies

a) is done via 1 single pointparticles line.
          As you know, you find many many of these effects in the "small mod compilation". So this is really not difficult.
          b) is no screenshaking. It is a simplier lift+tilt of the models nearby. "Screenshaking" can be seen in the mission packs for example.

What I did today is implementing a) + b) into the "small mod compilation".
          As you know me, I could not resist to modify these a little.
          a) the dust is now more realistic. It comes from below the monsters corpse, is spread in all directions and raises slowly, while dissapperaing. Furthermore it uses a more detailed texture+size and looks like dust now.
          b) You can enable/disable the "lift+tilt" effect, and can even increase/decrease the effect steplessly via cvar. So if you want, it will pushes you upwards like a rocket jump, or it will only slightly lifts you up a bit.
          I will add a sound to this effect too. Without a "Whooom" sound, the dust and lift makes no sense to me.

My next question is of course:
          Which monsters should perform such a "lift" behaviour too ?
          I guess a dog not
          But maybe a wizard, when he falls from above and smashes on the ground ? Maybe a little less than the shambler ?
          Or an ogre or hellknight with around 50% force compared to shambler ?

Best regards,
          Seven

Comment

• screenshaking - i vote only for the shambler. other monster are much smaller so it wouldn't make any sense. even the wizard falling for above... no way. shambler is the quake special monster. let's make him stand out.
            -
            jakub
            my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
            Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
            Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• i completely agree with jakub, the only monster that should have this effect is shambler

its awesome to hear that you added the shamblers effect from kleshik into the SMC too
              i totally love that effect, it adds even more awesomeness to the shambler

i totally cant wait till you release it and we'll have and the monster walk-sound and the shambler quake added to the smc
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I concur on the Shambler.....
                Splitterface you and I need to help each other learn QC (grasshoppers) with Seven as the sensai (master)

Comment

• OK, thank your for your replies:
                  So no other monster than the shambler will make the nearby models lift up.

But I would like to use the dust in a reduced form for the wizards impact on ground. He falls from a high position and should also create at least a small dust cloud. Nothing compared to the shambler, but a tiny cloudy would be nice, no ?
                  I mean look at those dirty levels... The room-maid seems to have several month off in Quake
                  And if you listen closely, even in original ID Quake, the wizards have a nice smash sound, when hitting the ground. So that means, that the impact is huge...

Regarding the sensai:
                  Please dont call me so, because god knows I am not. There are plenty others who deserve this name.

Regarding release time for next smc:
                  I planned to release all 3 (ID1, MP1+2) together. But maybe I should start with ID1 only ? Maybe there are some bugs that you find, which can be avoided for MP1+2 and fixed in their releases ?
                  How shall I proceed ?

Thank you,
                  Seven

Comment

• yeah i think its best if you first release ID1 only, so we can bug-test it like in the past.
                    and then make the HIPNOTIC and ROGUE SMC
                    and that way we dont have to wait till you finish all 3 SMCs, and can already try it in ID1
                    and you can first focus on ID1 SMC instead of having to do all 3 at once

and yeah its a nice idea to add a little dust-puff when the scrag hits the ground. just no quaking.
                    but yeah, a nice little duff puff when he hits the ground after falling would be a nice touch

@gdiddy
                    yeah i keep tellin that myself too, that i should learn qc sometime, but i never actually get to doing it
                    i guess its just cuz its so incredibly much work to learn everything, and lately i dun play quake much and been to busy with other stuffs
                    Last edited by talisa; 10-03-2012, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                      i guess its just cuz its so incredibly much work to learn everything, and lately i dun play quake much and been to busy with other stuffs
                      It depends on your skills, QuakeC is easy for a capable programmer or a mathematician, re-skinning is easy if you are an graphic artist, etc...
                      Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Hi Seven,
                        You can release ID1 first. Then we can test it.
                        But I canīt wait for the MP1&2 SMC. Come on Seven.

@ezzetabi,
                        iīm programming c sometimes in work. I tried qc but I have big problems with it. I can read it but I do not have the time to get closer to this language so I do not think it is so easy

Comment

• Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                          QuakeC is easy for a capable programmer or a mathematician
                          I am not programmer, i do not know another programation language, i have only high school mathematics, i do not study math or programming, but i get some stuff in qc
                          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                            I am not programmer, i do not know another programation language, i have only high school mathematics, i do not study math or programming, but i get some stuff in qc
                            Nahuel,

The thing that you bring with you, cannot be "learned".
                            We call it "talent".
                            You are like a rising phoenix from the QC-coders

================

Dear all,

I wanted to show a work in progress clip.
                            Please give me suggestions to improve it.
                            How shall the dust color be ? More dark, colored or brownish ?
                            Please listen closely to the sounds. Do they fit ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsEeCmtfy6Y&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake falling corpse sounds and dust - YouTube[/ame]

I added these new ideas into SMC. You might like it:
                            - adjustable transparency for view-weapons
                            - optionally changeweapon sound

Best regards,
                            Seven

Comment

• helo seven,
                              -
                              scrag dust effect looks great, the proportion and behaviour of the dust smoke is just fine - well done... maybe... one last idea... the smoke could have a gentle red tint because scrag is probably filled with blood and after an impact.. well, blood should be flying all over the place :-)
                              -
                              shambler screenshake is little to much for me.
                              -
                              i don't like this dust smoke effect being used for an enforcer. it's not necessary for the all monsters to use all the effects. each monster should have something special and unique, i think.
                              -
                              jakub
                              Last edited by jakub1; 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM. Reason: adding new idea
                              my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                              Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                              Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• i agree again with jakub1. i dun think the effect should be used for any other monsters either. its great for shambler and scrag, but i agree no other monsters should use it.

and for scrag it looks good. mebbe make the particles a little bit more transparent though?
                                the effect looks great but a bit to opague imo. color is fine though

and the sound used for shambler fits perfectly i think

oh another something, did you also implent the shell casings for SG and SSG?
                                if you did id love to also see a preview clip of that

Comment

Working...
                                X