X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as promised, mediafire mirror
    PART1
    PART2

(sorry had to split it in 2 parts cuz mediafire only allows a max file-size of 200mb)
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just tried it, and i must say i totally love it
      you've outdone yourself once seven

loving the footsteps, the shell casings and shambler quake+dust
      and having a smaller dust puff for scrag is very fitting too

and the additional animations are great too, i love them, and its great that they work too with the hi-poly models i have cuz those models seem to include those unused frames too that you used

and the additional change-weapon sound was a nice idea too.
      wouldve never thought of that myself but they are a nice addition

i also love about the additional dog feature that its additional to the normal dog and doesnt replace it.
      so i can still have 3skins for ID1 dog plus the new dog with 2 skins
      oh and the hi-res skins look sweet too, great job Web@ngel

it would be great though if you also added the additional anims too the original ID1 dog, its kinda a shame that only the new dog makes use of the additional animations. so would be awesome if you added it so that the ID1 dog uses it too

the different secret-particles, new zombie and burnable corpses arent really my cup o tea though, but im sure other people will like them
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• oh while playing a bit i got a nice idea when i was playing around with SG and SSG to see the shell-casings

mebbe add it that the shotguns of grunts eject shellcasings too?

Comment

• EXCELLENT Work Seven!!!!!

Comment

• Thank you all for your replies and mirrors.

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
            the different secret-particles, new zombie and burnable corpses arent really my cup o tea though, but im sure other people will like them
            Hello splitterface,

Just in case you did not know.
            1.) Your "secrets" cvar has 3 possible values now in V4.12.
            If you do not like the special "secret particle effect", simply switch to value "2", this will give back the condition from V4.01. Or to "0" to have original Quake "bloody screts" again.
            2.) Knowing that you like Higher Res models, you only need to change 1 single cvar and the new zombie has the exact same properties/abilities like the original ID1 zombie.
            Default in V4.12 is, that he is killable with the axe as well.
            This can be turned off, so this new zombie is a simple replacement model for the original zombie.
            3.) Burnable corpses is also just a 'cvar-change' away from beeing disabled

Please see the autoexec.cfg / readme descriptions to learn more about it.

oh while playing a bit i got a nice idea when i was playing around with SG and SSG to see the shell-casings
            mebbe add it that the shotguns of grunts eject shellcasings too?
            Knowing that you want to learn QC now, this is a perfect example for you to try it yourself.
            It is not difficult. More or less a copy/paste from the players shell casing.
            Find the code for the grunts muzzleflash and you are already at the correct point.
            If you have further questions, feel fre to pm me.

Best wishes,
            Seven

PS: This would be a nice Hellknight:

Comment

• yeah of course i know seven, and i changed the cvars of those features to turn them off
              wanted to add to my last post that thats so great about smc that everything is optional but forgot.

and ah yeah, that might be a great idea. it would be just a matter of copy and pasting the command that spawns the shell-casing at the correct frame of the grunt, not?

and yeah that pic inded looks like it would make an awesome hellknight. he just only missing horns but except for that he's perfect

Comment

• First thing I can say:
                I love the new monster animations!

More Later...

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
                  First thing I can say:
                  I love the new monster animations!
                  Thank you webangel.
                  I struggled a long long time how often they should appear...
                  They should not start getting annyoing, so I reduced the random percentage until I reached a level of how it can be accepted. Percentage is between 6% and 11% (depending on monster-type).
                  Of course, if you use notarget cheat and wait in front of a group of 5 grunts, dogs, knight or ogres you will see it quite often.
                  I hope that it is a good compromise...

it would be just a matter of copy and pasting the command that spawns the shell-casing at the correct frame of the grunt, not?
                  Yes, almost.
                  The only thing that you have to do ontop is to set the position and angle of the casing model differently for the grunt (compared to player).
                  The rest is identical.

Please try it yourself first.
                  If you have problems, I did the necessary code change (please find it attached) for you to compare. I will most probably not be online much the next days.

Use 'Beyond Compare' or 'Winmerge' to better see the difference in the files.

Kind regards,
                  Seven
                  Attached Files

Comment

• New animations are really a treat Seven. I don't have much time to play at this time, but what I've seen is impressive! The dust is a great immersive tool!

Thanks for the great work!!

Comment

• great, thanx a lot seven. although it doesnt work completely right. the grunt only ejects 1 casing for every 2 times he shoots instead of 1 casing every time he shoots

can you please fix that? i tried doing it myself but fteqcc keeps giving an error when i try compiling it

Comment

• Hello Splitterface,

The above linked grunts shell casing code works as it should.
                        It is tested with 1 grunt in a scene, 2, 4 and 5 grunts.
                        Each grunt is ejecting 1 casing per shot.

Ejecting 1 casing every 2nd shot is not possible coding-wise, because the function call is fixed in the grunts firing animation without any random calculation. So the casing must be spawned.

Of course if you shoot a grunt during his firing animation, you will interupt the sequence and the pain sequence jumps in. That is the only way that the casing will not be spawned because the function is left out.
                        You maybe did something wrong somehow.
                        I just tested it again (with default cvars).

Regarding Spike´s fteqcc:
                        You should definitely use the gui version of it when you start working with qc. It will not compile code, when it has a reason. The reason is always printed in the log. Read it and it tells you exactly what your mistake was. You can even click on it and it will jump directly into the code line.

If you still have issues with that piece of code, I will upload the compiled progs.dat with 'grunt shell casing'.

Good luck,
                        Seven

Comment

• Dear all,

I was thinking about a way to bring some more variation into Quake.
                          Now that the monsters transparency is adjustable is nice, but the monster will still be lurking at the same positions in the maps...

So I looked for a way to vary their positions a little bit.
                          Of course, their positions are declared by the map makers and most of the time, the position has a reason.
                          Most of the time the monster shall suprise you (from a hidden place)

I did not want to spoil this, but tweak it a bit. I stumbled over this very interesting function in Mission pack 1:
                          gremlin_split (); (it clones the gremlin)

So I had the idea to make each and every monster "clone-able" in Quake.

You now have the possibility to multiply the monsters inside a map via cvar and give it a random position around the original monster within a specific radius.
                          You can choose how many times the monster shall be cloned via cvar. According to this, the total amount of monster per map will be doubeld, trippled, quadtrippeld, and so on.

The new monster will only be placed if a suitable position is found in that specific radius. So it will not be stuck in a wall for example. The cloned monsters have the exact same properties like the orirginal. Map or ent file must not be edited !

I extended the gremlin_split (); function to be usable for all monsters, added crandom() vector positions for more positioning variation. It further also detects now if the random position is inside lava/slime. Also flying/swimming monster can now be cloned.

This short clip shows you some maps with doubled enemies:
                          [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JhUxJev_Tk&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake multiply enemies - YouTube[/ame]
                          Have fun,
                          Seven.

Comment

• Interesting idea Seven! Have you finished the coding for this?

Would there be a way within Qc to make the "cloned" monster transparent at random? Then this would really be scary!

Comment

• Nice Seven.
                              Is it possible to "clone" different skins or models?

Everything else is looking great. Thank you!

Is it possible that we can have the vengeance sphere from Rogue in Singleplayer? Random (50% Power Shield/ 50% Sphere.?), not via .ent files?

Comment

• Awesome!
                                It seems that Kleshik used something similar,when you kill a monster it spawned another.I like this way of increasing the difficulty more than raising a monsters health much better.
                                WTG!
                                You have come so far from when we started it is amazing.I have to grab this as I am quite a ways behind.Thank you for all the effort you have poured into this masterpiece.
                                JB
                                Last edited by bluntz; 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM.
                                WARNING
                                May be too intense for some viewers.
                                Stress Relief Device
                                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                                ---------------------------
                                .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X