No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... looks like someone forgot a droptofloor(); code line.

I wonder who that was...

Thanks Seven!

Comment

• Hello,

You know what happens, when a graphic noob like me starts to struggle with skins ?
      A lot of time gets burned and the result is still bad.

I still can say, at least I tried...

As far as I know the sword is the last model that does not have a replacement skin.

Webangel, I need your help to make this look good.
      Maybe add some blood on the blade.

My actual status (compared to original):

It is a mix of 5 different sword pictures I found in the internet. LOL

If you want to try it: Download

Best wishes,
      Seven

Comment

• I had never noticed that model wasn't updated before. Looks great even in its "not finished" state.

Comment

• not enough blood on the blade! look great though
          Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• oooh wow, i totally love it seven

dont say you're a noob, cuz obviously seeing by the quality of this skin you're not

its slightly different from original, but that isnt a bad thing at all. i think the skin looks great
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
              oooh wow, i totally love it seven

dont say you're a noob, cuz obviously seeing by the quality of this skin you're not

its slightly different from original, but that isnt a bad thing at all. i think the skin looks great
              yep. nice job seven. i dont think it needs anything else.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• More Blood?

Nice work Seven
                Great to have the last monster retextured!

With some blood, gloss:

Download Sword.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

sword.mdl_1.tga is a darker version.
                sword.mdl_2.tga has a different handle. (Texture is from Quake Reforged!)
                sword.mdl_3.tga skull version wip (based on QRP!)

You can use the gloss from sword.mdl_0!

Please try it.
                Last edited by webangel; 10-24-2012, 12:31 PM. Reason: update

Comment

• you know, it would be cool if the axe was replaced with this sword. it would look sick!!
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Thank you all for your feedback.

Hello webangel,
                    Thank you for further reworking the skin.
                    Unfortunately I could not test it, but I will shortly.

Dear all,
                    After thinking about the sword last night, I decided to implement the multiskin/multimodel feature for this enemy too.
                    Reason is:
                    The sword is the easiest enemy to make animation for.
                    Simply because it doesnt have any
                    The model is only moved, tilted and turned around during the fight, run and death animations.

That was the reason I looked for free high poly sword models in the internet. These models can be easily implemented into Quake because the animations can be done quickly.

I found around 10 amazing free models.

These are the best 3:
                    1.)

2.)

3.)

I think we can make a second sword model based on one of these free models and can use it 'together with' or 'in place of' Rogue´s original model in the game.

The 2nd one has amazing details, and a perfect stanic look. I already could convert it to .md3 and put it into the game.
                    There are some issues with the texture placement now, but this can be fixed I guess.
                    It looks quite different to Rogue´s sword, but why not allow a little bit divVersion ?

With the help of webangel we will be able to have a nice alternative sword I guess...

Should we continue with this idea ?

Good night,
                    Seven

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                      I like your idea!
                      The second skin looks great!
                      Last edited by webangel; 10-25-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• yeah i like them

the second one is cool but it reminds me a bit to much of darksiders, and its way to overly different from the original sword, which is just a basic sword

but im really liking the idea of replacement swords with multiple models a lot
                        would be cool if you could implent it to instead use 4 different models or such <3
                        instead of different skins make it use different models

the replacement skin for sword looks good, ill try it later
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Absolutely yes for multi-swords!!I'm open to different looks forthe sword as well. Great work!!

Thanks for the blood Webangel!!

Comment

• Seven,
                            I found this sword model in the internet and my texture is still working.
                            Should I send you the .md3?

Comment

• cool, that actually looks really great when in-game

would love to have it too

Comment

• Awesome sword Webangel. With a little blood it would look even more awesome than it is already. You and Seven are on a creative roll right now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X