Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear all,

After spending some time with models and textures (where I am really not good in ), I went back to the more important things:
    Updating and finishing the 3 compilations to:

ID1 + MP1 + MP2 Version 4.15

I have done the QC parts for all 3 now and also found some really great new sounds for the mission pack weapon(-changes), as well as footsteps for the new monsters and so on.

This time it was very difficult for me to integrate everything into the mission packs. I spend a lot of time with them, and thereby also fixed some other things, that I did not do the last time. So now I have a very good feeling.

In the end, a special request from webangel and gdiddy was integrated:
    Teleporting monsters

This is an optional feature (default is disabled).

It is based on the idea from Dr.Shadowborg and Patrick Martinīs code.
    I added teleporting wizards and demons into all 3 "small mod compilation"īs.
    You can optionally enable/disable it via cvar. These monsters have a "moderate" chance to teleport to another position when attacking and have a "high" chance to teleport when beeing shot/hurt (so they get out of the dangerous zone !).
    The code checks for a good position before really teleporting.
    This makes the demon an even more dangerous and scaring/frightening enemy. I gave him a fire/flame particle through which he teleports.
    The wizards got a greenish teleport effect and is now a more serious enemy which attacks you from all (unexcpected) directions.

It is a small, but neat little addition and makes a hell of fun to play against these monsters now.

I hope you have a little bit fun with it.

Yours,
    Seven
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbqtEoWpOb0&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake teleporting enemies - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Waiting for the sources

Comment

• cools i love that new teleporting feature
        reminds me of the Rquake coop mod, where the knights also do this

cant wait for the new SMC 4.15 for ID1 HIPNOTIC & ROGUE
        itll be awesome to have all the new features of ID1 SMC in missionpacks too. <3

EDIT: oh btw i had another idea. to extend on the shell-casings...
        how about making nailgun and supernailgun eject clips too?
        just simply clips which fall straight down. and make the NG eject one clip every 40nails, and make the SNG eject 2clips every 100nails since the SNG has 2 clips attached
        is that possible, to make the qc count how much nails are shot, and eject a casing every 40nails for NG and every 2 clips every 100nails for the SNG?
        Last edited by talisa; 10-29-2012, 04:29 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Really liking the teleport effects for both Seven!! Looking forward to this for all three Quake and mission packs!

Comment

• I know more monsters which should can beam:

- Wrath
            - S_Wrath
            and
            - the gremlin,
            but just very small ways....

HiHi:
            You can make the Buzzsaw beaming too!
            Just a joke!!

Knights should not be able to do that!
            (maybe Knight Spikes? This can be very funny)

Canīt wait for your update Seven
            Last edited by webangel; 10-30-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• thumbs up as usual.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
                Waiting for the sources
                Hello webangel,
                I sent you and Mr. Smith the sources upfront, cause you asked for it.
                You can now tinker around with the messy code.

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                idea to extend on the shell-casings...
                how about making nailgun and supernailgun eject clips too?
                I knew this question would come and I must say that I will not add nailgun casings/clips.
                Simply because I do not like them for these weapons.
                The nailguns are no machine guns. Their ammunition are pure nails. There is nothing to fall out of the gun.
                It does not fit to these more "fantasy-like" nailgun weapons I guess.

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                I know more monsters which should can beam:
                - Wrath
                - S_Wrath
                - the gremlin
                If you have more and more requestes, when shall I release the mod ?
                It is already delayed very much...

The Overlord (S_Wrath) already teleports as you know and the others can be added by yourself (or gdiddy ?) after the V4.15 releases.
                You can even start now, because you have the sources
                For the wrath you can use/copy the code from wizard and for the gremlin you can do it with the demons code from the source.

I will need 1 or 2 days for creating the sample files, packaging everything and write documentations (as you know).

Thank you everyone for your posts/replies.
                I really hope you will like it.

And if you do not like it, I hope you will not eat me:

Or do this to me:

Or force me to do this:

Cause I would:

Most important: Have fun !
                Seven

Comment

• The Overlord (S_Wrath) already teleports as you know and the others can be added by yourself (or gdiddy ?) after the V4.15 releases.
                  You can even start now, because you have the sources
                  I might play with the code for this

Looking forward to this Seven...Thanks for all of the great work!!

Comment

• I was watching a new video for Brutal Doom and have an idea for the next version SMC after we get 4.15. If you look approximately at the 1:38 mark of the linked vide notice how there are water splashes both by the player and enemies in the acid. This also works in the water in Brutal Doom as well. Wouldn't it be cool to have this in the next version of SMC?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwiBDHu2u8w]Brutal Doom 0.17 with Jenesis Megawad - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• hello everyone! i'm a die-hard quake 1 fan and one day i was searching on google for ways to "clone" the enemies in quake 1 in order to make the game more challenging. so i stumbled upon this topic and a video on youtube.

i downloaded the latest Seven's Small Mod Compilation (it's v4.12), so i was asking, how to i clone these enemies? i typed "set clonemonsters 2" in autoexec.cfg, and it doesn't seem to work. i used darkplaces engine. any ideas?

thanks!

Comment

• @positronic
                        do you perhaps have another addon in your ID1 folder which has a progs.dat?
                        cuz smc uses its own progs.dat, and if you got another item in your ID folder which has a progs.dat it might be overriding the one from the SMC

@gdiddy
                        yeah that would indeed be cool.
                        i myself asked seven before about making ripples appear when enemies in player are in water/acid too
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                          I was watching a new video for Brutal Doom and have an idea for the next version SMC after we get 4.15. If you look approximately at the 1:38 mark of the linked vide notice how there are water splashes both by the player and enemies in the acid. This also works in the water in Brutal Doom as well. Wouldn't it be cool to have this in the next version of SMC?

Brutal Doom 0.17 with Jenesis Megawad - YouTube
                          played brutal doom yesterday. LOVE IT!!!!
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• @splitterface
                            Sorry, didn't realize it had already been requested. Hope it can be implemented in the future!

@syluxman2803
                            Yeagh, it's great!

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                              @positronic
                              do you perhaps have another addon in your ID1 folder which has a progs.dat?
                              cuz smc uses its own progs.dat, and if you got another item in your ID folder which has a progs.dat it might be overriding the one from the SMC
                              i tried renaming the progs.dat file in the ID1 folder, and still my monsters aren't cloned

Comment

• check inside any pk3s you have in your ID1 folder to see if they got a progs.dat in them.
                                you can open pk3s with winrar or other programs like that.
                                if there isn, remove any progs.dat that might be in any pk3

EDIT: oh wait i know. the SMC 4.12 doesnt have cloning implented.
                                the update that has got pulled cuz of a bug in code that needed to be fixed
                                Originally posted by Seven View Post
                                (download stolen by a gremlin)
                                just wait till seven updates it again and releases the next version which has cloning fixed
                                Last edited by talisa; 11-05-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X