No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ive used mediafire for years, never had any problems with it, so i got no clue whatcha talking about JH24
    and you're the first person ever who i hear saying something like that about mediafire.
    if you did you mustve gotten it from somewhere else, not from mediafire
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
      ive used mediafire for years, never had any problems with it, so i got no clue whatcha talking about JH24
      and you're the first person ever who i hear saying something like that about mediafire.
      if you did you mustve gotten it from somewhere else, not from mediafire

No, it was Mediafire, no doubt about it. (Maybe one of those ads on the site)

I was at the site for around 30 seconds - 1 minute (The download had already started), and my virus scanner said it had blocked a trojan horse from this site. Before I could do anything else my computer locked up and I got a screen saying I needed to pay 100 Euro's.

Luckily safe mode still worked but I'm still annoyed my virus scanner couldn't even protect me from this. Malwarebytes has been a lifesaver.

I only posted this as a message to others. I'm not saying you should avoid the site, just to be careful. I've used Mediafire in the past and never had problems, until now.

And I'm not blaming you, I already said I appreciate that you've uploaded the mod and posted the links. I still do.
      Last edited by JH24; 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• totally love the new update seven

the teleporting effects for friend and scrag are awomse, i love them. <3
        it makes the fiend a lot more scary and dangerous, and the scrag is a lot harder to take down cuz you can just pull out ng or sng and blast away cuz he'll instantly tp when the first nail connects

and its great to have all the new features from ID1 in HIPNOTIC and ROGUE too, and the stone heart looks great <3
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thanks a lot for this awesome update as well, Seven.

I'm really loving it. The teleporting effects are awesome. Normally I don't pay too much attention to the Scrags, but now they're a lot more dangerous.

Fiends are even more scary as before, they're really formidable opponents now.

The cloning monster addition is a very nice touch, I really like it.

Comment

• To add to this download links debacle - it seems that rapidshare doesn't limit speeds for free users anymore and it was always low on any kind of annoyances.
            I could launch 3 downloads simultaneously and speed was as fast as my connection allows.
            So I recommend to try Seven's rapidshare links first, so he can warm his heart when he'll take a look at a download count

Great release as always Seven and thanks for fulfilling my little request
            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• yeah i noticed that too, how rapidshare was RAPIDshare again like it used to be long ago.
              which is awesome, i hated how it had turned before into not-so-rapid--share

its still always better to have more options to pick from for downloading in case someone got problems with a certain server or to be able to download more stuff at a time seeing most servers only allow one download at once for free users

Comment

• ... making progress with the Hellsword animation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0hGcHYJXL4]Quake Missionpack 2 Rogue - New Sword - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry for ot Seven.

Comment

• Looking good Webangel! Can't wait!

Comment

• yeah i agree, looks great webangel
                    the animations look super

although is it me or does the sword look kinda small-ish?
                    could be me, been a bit since i played ROGUE, lol

Comment

• No. You are right! Fixed it.

Comment

• already though i was crazy
                        but the sword indeed was small-ish

Comment

• nice job!
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Hey, I really like that mod.

Unfortunately I have issues to run it in Multiplayer if I host the server.

Other people that join will get a ping of 1k+.
                            My friend tried to host too, same error though

If I take out the "progs.dat" it fixes the problem, though ofc most of the new stuff isn't shown.

Any idea how to fix that? Or is it just not working in multiplayer?
                            I am using the Darkplaces 64-Bit Version, tested the newest stable and the latest beta.
                            In singleplayer it runs fine.

Comment

• Awesome awesome Seven! I am moving the next 2 days and will be offline with nothing to do for like 2 weeks, and this will give me something to do xD!

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this. It's great to finally see the mission packs updated as well! This is gonna be fun!

Cheers
                              Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• Hello XxMiltenXx,

It is most probably because the author of this mod is a 'single player' player.
                                Multiplayer is not tested.
                                The focus of this mod is clearly the single player experience.

But other users do not seem to have multiplayer issues with this mod. For example turtlevan, who recorded some nice demo clips in coop-mode with his friends...

If you still have problems with this mod and you want a multiplayer-coop mod which brings some groovy/scary feeling and uses dpextensions+csqc heavily to 'modernize' Quake, you should give kleshik a try. Maybe you like it.

==================

Hello Roy Batty,

if you will get locked out of the internet for a long time, be sure to grab some nice single player maps/episodes from Spiritīs quaddicted page.
                                Important:
                                As you know, the "small mod compilation" can be used not only for original Quake maps. It can be used for all fan-made maps, which do not bring their own progs.dat.
                                And since V4.12: Even if a fan-made map brings its own progs.dat with it, many things will still work in them.

So have fun and come back healthy after your moving

==================

Hello webangel,

Thank you for working on the new sword model.
                                A warm hug goes out to you

Best wishes,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X