No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, ill just repeat what was said and say: make it darker.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• @splitterface
      I think Seven's idea was that they were electrified so much that they burnt to a "crisp" so they would turn to ash.

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
        @splitterface
        I think Seven's idea was that they were electrified so much that they burnt to a "crisp" so they would turn to ash.

Comment

• lol @ that smilie Webangel

and nah, i personally dun think it makes snese. even in case of a direct hit of lightning in rl you still only get a huge black burn on the spot you were hurt. so all-over insta-crisp-ification i think doesnt make sense at all

would make more sense if they froze for a few seconds, or better even would be if they quickly randomly moved through a couple of frames to fake the crazy spasming someone who gets electrocuted does before dropping down silently
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• how about when they are "frozen", they slowly blow away, dissolving into nothing.
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
              ... Keep up the great work Seven
              One day I'll try the dark side and get DP, one day

Warmest regards
              Monty
              Hello Monty,
              Thank you for your post.
              Unfortunately, also from reading some of your other posts, you are not able to use the Darkplaces engine at the moment. This may be due to the fact that it is not a good choice for multiplayer games (which you prefer) or its performance-hungry features (which you can disable) ?
              Anyway, I also hope you can/will try/use it soon.
              Thank you for your continuing interest!

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
              I have a couple of observations I'll share.
              when using the lightning gun on wizards I think It would be appropriate for them to disintegrate to dust (or whatever we're calling it) when they fall from the air rather than staying frozen when they hit the ground. This makes sense in my mind but maybe not others minds?
              Hello Jeff,
              Thank you for sharing your thoughts and giving feedback.
              Yes it looks a bit odd when the wizards fall from above and landing on the ground.
              Your suggestion to improve this is good.
              And I also have another option:
              1.) Make them fall apart at once (in air). What you suggested.
              2.) Make them fall apart when they hit the ground.

Which one is better ?

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
              Also, this may not look as good, but can the ashes or coals look darker ?
              This suggestion is also made by other people, so I will change it.
              As you know, the color is adjusted inside the effectinfo.txt file.
              You can turn them into whatever color you want.
              The original color in the particlefont is dark.
              This may be exactly what you want.
              So simply delete the "color" lines in the effectinfo blocks and they have automatically the original font color (wich is what you want).

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
              how about when they are "frozen", they slowly blow away, dissolving into nothing.
              Hello syluxman2803,
              That is an extremely good suggestion !
              I will at once dive into it and give you the option to choose which effect you want:

lightninggun_death_animation 0
              --> disabled
              lightninggun_death_animation 1
              --> the effect we already have (= fall apart)
              lightninggun_death_animation 2
              --> the effect that you suggested

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions.

Best wishes,
              Seven

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                My thinking is to have them disintegrate from the fall when they hit the ground. They would not fal apart until hitting the ground.
                Actually I already changed the effectinfo to suit my taste. Thanks to the lessons of someone I know

Thanks for so many options.

Comment

• To all those who have accompanied me on the long time

And to my special friend webangel:

God bless you all.
                  Seven

Comment

• I tried it Seven
                    But he don´t liked it:

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Comment

• Merry Christmas Seven!..Merry christmas Webangel!..

Merry christmas everybody!
                      Last edited by gdiddy62; 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• erm... seven... i found a tiny little bug in the SMC.

couple days ago when i was making some screenshots in rogue and thought to see something but i didnt know for sure, and earlier when i played some rogue again i noticed it again and i tested and found theres a bug in both the ROGUE and HYPNOTIC smc versions.
                        i tried out a couple things like taking a completely clean quake installation and add only the smc to check if the bug wasnt caused by another add-on and it still was there, so im 100% positive its an smc bug

the bug is... in the latest smc version, the fog lines in ent files get ignored by the smc, and you get no fog at all in all maps even if you added fog lines for these maps.
                        i checked if mebbe fog was broken completely, but when i tried manually applying the fog through console it worked fine. but the fog lines in ent files seem to get completely ignored with the latest version in the smc.

in ID1 it works fine, but in both hypnotic and rogue fog lines in ent files get ignored by the smc and you get no fog at all

could you please look into this and make a fix for this?

i really love fog in my quake, and its annoying to have to manually apply fog for each map on start cuz the smc ignores the fog lines in the ent files.
                        Last edited by talisa; 01-31-2013, 01:10 AM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello splitterface

Seven added undocummented support to some of ent cvars and ent files from QHD compilation on my request, so eventual future SMC releases won't crash with QHD ent addon.
                          By mistake ent_fog is 0 by default in MPs, it is probably my fault.

Add to autoexec.cfg:
                          set ent_fog 1

It should work. Sorry for being a troublemaker
                          Last edited by _Smith_; 01-31-2013, 03:58 AM.
                          Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• thanx smith, that fixed it

Comment

• thought id make a new mirror since i discovered Adrive which is even better then mediafire cuz it doesnt have 200mb max file limit and doesnt block downloading of split rars and in general just doesnt have any of the bs mediafire has

so here's some new ADrive mirrors for smc
                              ID1 SMC 4.15
                              HIPNOTIC SMC 4.15
                              ROGUE SMC 4.15

Comment

• I was watching a gibbed wizards parts sizzling in an acid pool and this brought out my creative and thoughtful side ;D.

Corpses and Gibs that MELT in slime and lava.... example....

Corpse that fall in slime.. take damage and in accordance with destroyable corpse... gib.... then the gibs IF IN ACID... shrink and disapear like they were normal quake gibs in DP mod... only slower... takes 30 seconds of sizzleing... 15 in lava...

Not only would this be a cool effect... but it would reduce in a BELIEVABLE way.. the corpse and gibs on a level....even if you have permanent gibs enabled!

The effect for lava would be exactly the same but quicker and instead of bubbles in acid it would be a fire effect.... and any gibs that get bounced back out of the fluid continue with the same effect eventually dissolving but at half the speed as if still inside the catalyst ie a gib or head knocked back out of acid continues to bubble acid bubbles or if bounced from lava continues to burn but more time is added to till its dissapearance.

Cool?

Comment

Working...
                                X