Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effect looks more like he's high on drugs

HELL YEA IT DOSE LOL

i may be wrong but the effect is built into darkplaces and not made by seven so if you wanted you could play the whole game with the setting on . seven just used what was already there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
      Why dont you take a look at the included 'Starter Kit' ?
      Yes, I never looked inside that folder. I thought that was one of the "resource eating" features that my laptop just can't afford. I started playing with the Shambler's castle models yesterday (changing color and stuf...). Good, that it's in the Starter Ket readymade.
      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• @hg
        you should also take a look at my multi-skin packs, which are also all set up and ready to go as well,
        and they contain a lot of really nice skins and models that are available
        click here for packs for hi-poly models
        click here for multi-skin packs for ID1 models

and if you see skins/models which you like and would want a specific combination of skins & models,
        just lemme know and ill whip up a pk3 with combination of those
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @talisa
          As far as I know that IS a resource eating feature that's why I never planned even looking at it (not untill I get a faster PC) But I have them downloaded, thanks though
          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• @hg
            nah, they dun eat resources. multi-skins are merely different textures on the same lo-poly models,
            using multi-skins doesnt eat any more resources then normal at all.

and the hi-poly models arent super-hi-poly or anything, they are like doom3 level of detail
            so those dont eat much more resources then the original models either
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
              @hg
              nah, they dun eat resources. multi-skins are merely different textures on the same lo-poly models,
              using multi-skins doesnt eat any more resources then normal at all.
              Didn't know that. I'll start using them then. And maybe even add them to mappack. As far as you mentioned the High-poly models, could you please give me links to all high poly models you know? Because I have a ton of Quake related stuff on my laptop (~20 GB) and models too, but I just have no idea which ones are high-poly and which ones are not

Comment

• @hgdagon
                heh its easy to see what is hi-poly and what isnt. hi-poly means more model is made up of more polygons,
                which are the triangles/squares a model is build with. like shown in this picture:

as you can see models are made up out of a ton of tiny triangles/squares.
                hi-poly means more triangles/squares and thus a more smoother-looking model

heres some comparison pics i took from quake to show the difference.
                left is old, right is hi-poly (or in other words more detailed and smoother-looking model)

see how the models on the right look a lot more smooth and have more details?
                im not talking about the textures, im talking about the model itself

also, at the bottom of the first post of my 'multiskin for hi-poly models' thread there are links to all of the hi-poly monsters mentioned.

im just about to go on vacation though, so i dun really have time to go search all the threads with hi-poly models right now,
                but when i come back sure i'll make you a post with all the hi-poly models i know including links. \

in the mean-time be sure to browse through the finished works and works-in-progress sections of the forums here,
                thats how i found everything i have myself too
                Finished Works - QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection
                Works-In-Progress - QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection

Comment

• @talisa
                  Thanks a bunch!! No need to search for any threds! You did the right thing! I knew all this only on theory but sort of needed these examples to get the whole scene in my head. Thanks once more!!

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                    I love the model and its animations. Death Animation is a little bit overdone (Enemie flies too wide foreward for my taste).
                    He is a hard guy. Very fast fire attacks, hes really challenging, great!
                    Sorry, but I must agree with Talisa about the shoulders. The seams are really clear to see.
                    But I think the face is OK..
                    For a private BETA- THIS IS GREAT. Thank you Seven.
                    But you should know me. If I like something I try to make it better.

If you are interested on my skin makeup I send it to you via PM or e-Mail.
                    Just say something...

The wings should look like from a bat , I think.
                    Is it possible for you to make the wings use a separate texture?
                    I have an idea...

Comment

• @seven,
                      Webangel is correct on all fronts. This is one challenging creature and that is great!
                      I also agree on the seams showing and the death animation. For some reason the death animation takes away from him for me because it is too "busy" or overdone. This is Beta though so it is to be expected some issues will appear.

This will be an excellent addition to the monsters!!

I like the bat-wing idea.

Comment

• Hehe,

Thank you for your feedback.
                        But do you really complain because of "seams" ?
                        It was a slight misallignment of the texture mapping

Before (look at shoulder):

After:

Lets talk about textures when the main work is done
                        But Thank you very much for your effort in improving it webangel.
                        Please continue with it. We will surely use it in the final release.

Getting this little beast into the game as good as possible is what I am more concerned about at the moment...

Like: gameplay, monsters size, positioning, difficulty and features...
                        - Shall it move faster/slower ?
                        - Move realisticaly up and down when flying ?
                        - Shoot more or less fireballs ?
                        - Damage of fireballs (I think I should make it adjustable)
                        - Health points (auto-adjusting like the spider to the monster it replaces or fixed ?)

Thank you for the death animation feedback.
                        Yes, I plan to give it a special death animation. It is a creature that spits fire, so it could also die in a fire explosion (but I think not. That would be too much).
                        Or maybe it simply falls onto ground burning and fades away after some seconds (like the "new zombie" when you shoot it ?)

Hmmm it is difficult to decide.

Anyhow,
                        Yesterday I added 3 different appearances of the Afrit into the game:
                        1.) for mappers (when creating new maps), you can place him via "monster_afrit" function. This is the common way with all Quake monsters.
                        2.) when playing existing maps, you can randomly replace any monster with it. Exactly like the spider.
                        3.) when playing existing maps, you can also spawn him in ADDITION to existing monsters. I called it "support_monsters". It will spawn the Afrit besides an existing monster so that you have additional Afrits but keep the original ones.

cvars to adjust every monster-type individualy to make the Afrit interesting for most people and their likings.

Have to leave home for several days.
                        Lets see if we have some ideas...

Best wishes,
                        Seven

PS: Regarding bat-wings: It has bat-wings already, doesnt it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          But do you really complain because of "seams" ?
                          It was a slight misallignment of the texture mapping
                          Sure, and I dont said I dont like it. Great that you get this fixed.

Getting this little beast into the game as good as possible is what I am more concerned about at the moment...
                          It is very good in this state. Its funny to fight and kill this monster.

Like: gameplay, monsters size, positioning, difficulty and features...
                          - Shall it move faster/slower ? No, its OK
                          - Move realisticaly up and down when flying ? For me, yes
                          - Shoot more or less fireballs ? Can I try it with less? Not more!
                          - Damage of fireballs (I think I should make it adjustable) Good Idea, but not to high in default
                          - Health points (auto-adjusting like the spider to the monster it replaces or fixed ?) Yes
                          Just what I think about.....

Thank you for the death animation feedback.
                          Yes, I plan to give it a special death animation. It is a creature that spits fire, so it could also die in a fire explosion (but I think not. That would be too much).
                          Or maybe it simply falls onto ground burning and fades away after some seconds (like the "new zombie" when you shoot it ?)

Hmmm it is difficult to decide.
                          I like to watch the "dead" model. After a short time it should burn
                          Good Idea Seven.

Anyhow,
                          Yesterday I added 3 different appearances of the Afrit into the game:
                          1.) for mappers (when creating new maps), you can place him via "monster_afrit" function. This is the common way with all Quake monsters.
                          2.) when playing existing maps, you can randomly replace any monster with it. Exactly like the spider.
                          3.) when playing existing maps, you can also spawn him in ADDITION to existing monsters. I called it "support_monsters". It will spawn the Afrit besides an existing monster so that you have additional Afrits but keep the original ones.

cvars to adjust every monster-type individualy to make the Afrit interesting for most people and their likings.

Have to leave home for several days.
                          Lets see if we have some ideas...

Best wishes,
                          Seven

PS: Regarding bat-wings: It has bat-wings already, doesnt it ?
                          The new replacement features feels very good ingame. I use it like the spider atm.

About the bat wings.
                          Is it possible for you to make the wings using a different texture? I want to try something which I think looks cool in game.

And yes you are right, the shapes are bat wings...

Please dont missunderstand my above post Seven. I like this model and your implementation into the Quake world. It is "BAT-ASS"

Comment

• - Damage of fireballs (I think I should make it adjustable) yes this is good!

when playing existing maps, you can also spawn him in ADDITION to existing monsters. I called it "support_monsters". It will spawn the Afrit besides an existing monster so that you have additional Afrits but keep the original ones.

is this done by useing the monster clone and doing a 50% replacement?

there is a lot of good work done on the skins for quake one monsters but just playing the game i do not see it cose i never get that close to them cose i dont wanna die lol

Comment

• "Bat-ass" Oh Webangel... I'm curious of your "bat-wing" idea....

I think you have a possible good idea with the flames in the death animation somewhere for this monster Seven! Perhaps Webangel is right that after a period of time it could burst into flames?

Yes, the seam was a little thing, but you did ask for feedback and we told you what we noticed.

You have done an excellent job on this and it is a fine addition to the Quake World!!!

Comment

• Them spiders are a joy to fight! What's even better is that we can replace certain enemies with it. So I fully replaced Vores and Tar babies with them because those enemies always gives me a hard time
                                Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Working...
                                X