No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you seven. you rock! more info when i get home.
    -
    i've read the new feature list and i'm missing the corpse-orientation-adjustment mentioned in previous posts. is it present in this version?
    -
    there is some line limit for effectinfo? i didnn't know that...
    -
    jakub
    Last edited by jakub1; 10-21-2013, 01:09 AM.
    my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
    Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
    Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• awesome to see a new official update and to have the new features all implented into both mission-packs as well

hmm do commented-out effects also count up to the maximum? if so ill just remove some of the commented out effects

anyways, this limit shouldnt really be a problem for me personally either way,
      because i always comment out the lines for fire&sparks effects of explosions underwater
      cuz to me personally it feels a bit odd to have these effects spawned underwater
      Last edited by talisa; 10-21-2013, 06:26 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• also, soon i will make dropbox mirrors of course as usual

EDIT: HIPNOTIC SMC just finally finished downloading and ive made a dropbox mirror for it.
        EDIT2: ID1 SMC dropbox mirror has just been updated too to newest version

EDIT3: mirror for ROGUE SMC on dropbox has been made,
        so now all 3 versions of SMC have dropbox mirror

vVv mirrors found at link in signature below vVv
        Last edited by talisa; 10-21-2013, 03:03 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Downloading.....
          Thank you so much.
          Rapidshare is really slow this days!

@7
          Please check your mails.

Comment

• @webangel
            yeah its so insanely slow, i really hate rapidshare.
            it used to be nice but nowadays its one of the shitties filehosts imo

Comment

• Sorry, just realised...

I´m a Chthon too:=

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
                I´m a Chthon too
                yay, go webangel

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you.
                  And sorry again for the pictures. They have been made for fun; not to give the SMC any meaning.

Originally posted by jakub1 View Post
                  i've read the new feature list and i'm missing the corpse-orientation-adjustment mentioned in previous posts. is it present in this version?
                  It is still in experimental status.
                  If we would not use GYRO, it would be a lot easier.
                  With GYRO you can shoot corpses around; and on top of that, they slowly spin. So the angle must always be rechecked/corrected. And you can also shoot it towards a wall, which must be excluded from the code. And so on.
                  These are the issues that still remains.
                  Maybe in the next update.

Originally posted by jakub1 View Post
                  there is some line limit for effectinfo? i didnn't know that...
                  Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  hmm do commented-out effects also count up to the maximum? if so ill just remove some of the commented out effects
                  The number of lines in effectinfo.txt are rather unimportant.
                  The only thing that is counted are the effect "names".
                  Even if an effect name has 5 effect-blocks (lets say 3 for "notunderwater" and 2 for "underwater"), it is only counted once. So also the number of blocks are unimportant.

Rogue has the most effect names. Quake (ID1) has the least.
                  So, only in Rogue we almost hit the max limit.

Effects names, which are commented out (with // or /* */ ) are invisible / get ignored.
                  So these do not count.
                  But of course only if all blocks of this effect name are commented out.

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                  Sorry, just realised...
                  I´m a Chthon too
                  It´s not the quantity that counts... Your rank should be Shub already.

Kind regards,
                  Seven
                  Last edited by Seven; 10-22-2013, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• @seven
                    -
                    thanks for detailed info.speaking for myself i would sacriface gyro over the correct corpse possition... but that is just my pov.
                    -
                    i tested hipnotic version yesterday and v4.55 is a really big improvement compared with the previous version i used before. i deleted some effect /biossuit, shield 'cause i don't like much/ but the rest is great. i encountered no bugs at all, everything works just fine. there is only one thing - laser gun spawns some golden particle effect when hitting enemies. seems like too much for me.. i commented it out.
                    -
                    anyway.. sending big thank from prague. plan for today is rogue version. also big thank to talisa for dropbox mirror.

jakub
                    my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                    Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                    Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• @ jakub1
                      sures, i love SMC and gladly provide everyone with mirrors of SMC on a better faster filehost without limits

@seven
                      perhaps if that helps you could make it so that when corpse-orientation is turned on corpses wont spin when shot?
                      i personally totally wouldnt mind if that was disabled when corpse-orientation is enabled

dunno how much it would help to have corpses-rotate-when-shot disabled when corpse-orientation is enabled?

Comment

• Talisa and Seven:

The trouble with the corpses moving depends alot on their final frame when they die in some cases, such as the player model. Frame 69 for example on the player is a sitting position, and I have messed around to find that if its setsized to: '-8 -16 -24', '12 3 0' the box is pretty close to the actual wireframe bounds. The closer the size is to the real representation of the model, the better visual effect will be....so if you took another frame of the player model where its laying flat face down or on his back, you ought to setsize to another set of vectors to match the actual new depth of the frame. This way, part of his legs or the gun are not passing through a wall, which is what happens in the original ID qc due to it being a non solid. This means ALOT of work especially if you page through all the monsters models and frames to get it to meet the new specs. I have messed around a bit with player frame 69 as I have stated, and I made some qc to detect if the death takes place against a nearby wall, then we initiate the frame macro that ends in frame 69 (sitting position).....which clears up the problem of seeing flat corpses sticking through walls.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakub1 View Post
                          i tested hipnotic version yesterday and v4.55 is a really big improvement compared with the previous version i used before. i deleted some effect /biossuit, shield 'cause i don't like much/ but the rest is great. i encountered no bugs at all, everything works just fine. there is only one thing - laser gun spawns some golden particle effect when hitting enemies. seems like too much for me..
                          Hello Jakub,

It doesnt seem to be a bug for you, but it is one
                          The "golden particle effect" that you see, when you shoot enemies with the laser gun is wrong of course. It looks terrible and has this root cause:
                          That "golden particle effect" is the custom shooting-secret effect from SMC.
                          You should only see it, when shooting secret walls/buttons, ect.

The laser gun code had one mistake and therefore always spawned the "secret" effect (also when shooting monsters).
                          I fixed this now, please exchange the Hipnotics progs.dat with this one.
                          I will update the official download for the Hipnotic pack in 1st post soon. I will not raise the version number, only the *release date* of the .zip file naming.

Thank you very much for your bug report !

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                          perhaps if that helps you could make it so that when corpse-orientation is turned on corpses wont spin when shot?
                          As mentioned, this would take away 1 issue, but several others still remain (like the walls, etc).
                          That is a quite tricky one.

Hello Cobalt,

Thank you for your post.
                          Interesting new findings that you found out. That will surely help.
                          The SMC adds several things to corpses, that makes it even worse:
                          - dummy "ragdoll" which jumps between 3 frames
                          - gyro that moves the complete corpse
                          - slightly spinning the corpses when beeing shot
                          - corpses have health, so they can be gibbed

These things aim to bring some "realism" into Quake´s corpses. But on the other hand inflate the corpses code a lot.
                          I am a little bit burned out at the moment which keeps me from working on it (as well as the "torches with hooks" transformation, as you know...)
                          Well, just the common issue that you and I talked about via mail a lot

All the Best,
                          Seven

[EDITED]
                          Updated link in 1st post
                          [/EDITED]
                          Last edited by Seven; 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• made a dropbox mirror for the rar with fixed QC for hipnotic SMC

Comment

• removed old hipnotic SMC mirror since it has a bug.
                              will replace it with new fixed hipnotic SMC version as soon as it finishes downloading

EDIT: hipnotic SMC mirror has been updated with new fixed pack
                              Last edited by talisa; 10-23-2013, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                                made a dropbox mirror for the rar with fixed QC for hipnotic SMC
                                Thank sooooooooo much!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X