Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @pringles
    the only animating the skins of lava-sng and lava-ng do is that the barrels glow up from heat when firing and slowly cool down again when you stop firing

so there is no bug there, its supposed to be that way.

when you stop firing the barrels cool down a bit again to normal where they stay stable, which is what you see.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• It makes some sense and it's barely noticable. But it's still a little awkward, and I'm always open to a modification of that if it is possible. On the same token, I'm having some problems with quad damage skin files. I use an entirely different weapon pack of the original ID1 weapons in Rogue. Since my ID1 "progs" folder has several skin files, Rogue uses them, and somehow tries to apply them to totally different weapons. I got this under control by making unique, Rogue-based skin files for for every weapon except the SNG (the big one that Seven's animated lava SNG is based upon) because I couldn't open it up in any editor and find out the component names. So I downloaded the one you hosted in the definitive HD content replacement guide with its skin files. These work great, but the gun model is positioned closer to the player than the lava SNG is. This makes it look weird when you switch over to the lava SNG and back because the gun either protruded forward, or jumps back. How can I solve this problem? I either need to move the gun forward to the right position, somehow cut off the access Rogue has to the ID1 SNG skin file, or make some skin files of my own for the model I have that has the correct position (something I can't figure out how to do, since MD3Compile won't open it up).
      Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• Hello,

For the mission pack lovers among you, as it was requested by some, there is an important update. It brings the mission packs up-to-date and adds some interesting things as well as fixing both (Darkplaces and SMC) bugs for them.

In short words, I´d like to call it:

New Features:
        - MP1: option to adjust gremlin´s "steal players weapon" chance
        - MP1: option to adjust gremlin´s gorging speed
        - MP1: scourge nails damage and players nailgun damage can be adjusted separately
        - MP1: Added "Weapon-Starter-Kit" for Hipnotic

Updated features:
        - MP1: fixed hipdemo1.dem missing music bug
        - MP1: fixed gremlin´s 'gorging without visible corpses' bug
        - MP1: fixed gremlin´s dont throw backpack when killed by lightning gun bug
        - MP1: fixed visible player legs wrong animations when carrying Mjolnir bug
        - MP1: Mjolnir can now crush/gib corpses (with lots of blood and gibs)
        - MP2: improved visual Quad effect for lava weapons (compared to V5.00)
        - MP2: fix for Darkplaces lavaman projectile "stuck in walls" bug

Please find updated Download links in 1st post.

Now that we have a new (hopefully bug free) base for all versions, I would like to take the opportunity to recommend some of the less known features which might help you to increase the game/joy experience while playing Quake single player in general.

Most important in my opinion is the skill_adjusted_monster_rangedattack_frequence cvar, which should be enabled by most players. There are a lot of others skill-dependency cvars which you might want to play around with as well as the animation speed ones.
        They are meant to make Quake more "challenging" for those who find it too easy (and dont want to play skill 3 with its weird monster behaviours), but are all disabled by default. You will find all these cvars in the same config paragraph (please read their detailed descriptions to learn more about them).

Josh´s usefull request to be able to choose custom monster backpacks individually should also be mentioned. And maybe the possibility to adjust the sizes for each monster type (if some of you find the knights or zombies too small in general or if you just want to make them slightly random)

Thank you for your time reading.

Comment

• @Seven

Wow! You continue to amaze! I'll get these downloaded as soon as I get home! Thanks again for making Quake even better than it already is! I'm really interested in the new cvars for skill dependency! This is going to give some real variety and attack variation! Terrific!

Comment

• SEVEN
            thankyou for adding that little tweak to the code for the custom back pack drop! maybe you could add the custom impulse 9 cheat i use under a different name.

Code:
            void()QuadCheat;
            void() CheatCommand =
            {

if (deathmatch)
            return;

local float jealt;

jealt = self.health + 150;

if ( jealt >= 250)
            self.health = 250;
            else
            self.health = jealt;

self.ammo_rockets = 100;
            self.ammo_nails = 200;
            self.ammo_shells = 100;
            self.items = self.items |
            IT_INVULNERABILITY|
            IT_AXE |
            IT_SHOTGUN |
            IT_SUPER_SHOTGUN |
            IT_NAILGUN |
            IT_SUPER_NAILGUN |
            IT_GRENADE_LAUNCHER |
            IT_LASER_GUN |
            IT_ROCKET_LAUNCHER ;

self.invincible_time = 1;
            self.invincible_finished = time + 30;

self.ammo_cells = 200;

self.weapon = IT_ROCKET_LAUNCHER;
            self.impulse = 0;
            QuadCheat ();
            W_SetCurrentAmmo ();
            };
            I CAN ALWAYS ADD IT MY SELF IF NOT
            but it would be a fun add in and you don't hafe to tell any one they have a laser gun in there backpack just add it to the next and previous gun if autocarv
            JD is a cheater = 1
            and activate the cheat with impulse jd

just an idea

thanks for all your work on quake!

Comment

• Hi Josh,

You do not need qc for: "JD is a cheater = 1"
              As you know, this mod has impulse command for all the powerups, so you only need a key binding. I call it myself the developer cheat, as I use it myself whenever I work on this mod. I then press the "a" key whenever a map has loaded.
              bind a "god;noclip;notarget;impulse 9"
              You could make your own combination of the things you want...

Have fun.

Comment

• Thanks for all you do for us my friend!

Comment

• thanx a lot for this update seven!
                  its great to be able to have all new features of the SMC in both mission-packs now too!

especially the automagically adjusted torches, adjustable damage, custom pickups,
                  and the awesome power-up effects for both hud and chase-cam i really missed when playing mission-packs....
                  and of course the new poison and inflamed features, those have quickly become some of my fave features of SMC <3
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Seven,

if you'd post at least 1 nice screenshot with each major update, it would make it easier to include SMC in the news.

I had to grab a random shot from this thread last time I posted SMC news.

The reason is that text-only news aren't very attractive; you know:

"A picture says more than a thousand words"

- gb
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• @GB
                      hmm i think this would be quite hard actually, since every update adds a bunch of new features to the SMC,
                      and you cant really make a screenshot which shows of more then 1 or 2 of those features.
                      also a lot of features cannot be captured in pics cuz they are not visible things

mebbe i can make a couple pictures though, to show off some of the nicest new features shown in the mission-packs, and can combine them into 1 pic

EDIT: how about this? its 3screenshots of each mission-pack which shows of the 5.0 features in the MPs.

enflaming of monsters & player, Q3quad hud effects, new health-models, pent-effect in 3rd-person view, and automagically rotated torches

and it shows on the pic that its from the SMC 5.0, which seven dubbed 'missionpack lover edition'
                      Last edited by talisa; 08-30-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• For the last news, at least I found a nice shot of the angled torches. And before that, there was a very cool video of the burning monsters.

- MP1: Mjolnir can now crush/gib corpses (with lots of blood and gibs)
                        Something like this might work.

Videos would also be tasty. Everyone loves vids and the mission packs don't nearly get enough love.
                        Scout's Journey
                        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• hmm... can i make the news-post?

i could also make a vid later today or tomorow (prolly tomorrow cuz of FFA10 later today)
                          an i can later on edit news-post to add it after i made a good vid

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            hmm... can i make the news-post?

i could also make a vid later today or tomorow (prolly tomorrow cuz of FFA10 later today)
                            an i can later on edit news-post to add it after i made a good vid

Absolutely.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• new-post about SMC 5.01 has been made

Comment

• Outstanding
                                Scout's Journey
                                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
                                X