• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    [...] if you'd post at least 1 nice screenshot with each major update [...]
    "A picture says more than a thousand words"
    Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    Videos would also be tasty. Everyone loves vids and the mission packs don't nearly get enough love.

Hello,

You will find youtube clips showing almost all SMC features here.
    There is this crazy person at youtube with the nick: "seven007009" who recorded and uploaded them.

If one is interested in seeing the features in action, you can browse through the video-thumbnail-list page and watch some of them. There are 100+ available clips.

Regarding screenshots:
    I always try where possible to include links into the release-posts which leads to wip posts with screenshots and detailed explanations of the individual feature.

Thank you for taking the time and for the interest in making news.

Best regards.

Comment

• Thanks, that will be very handy. Even if watching 100+ video clips might be out of the question
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• If only the legendary Quake mappers could/would do a map jam_pack with Seven's SMC mod as the theme. Where the levels were fully designed, and exploited, for it! To create a more enhanced atmospheric Quak'in experience

Oh to dream...
        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

• will add link to your videos to the news-post seven
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Great release Seven.
            Im a MissionPack lover

Thank you for your hard work on your "small" Mod compilation.

Comment

• There are some models in your screenshots that dont seem to be included in the mod. I like the torch model with the iron grates and burning coals.
              Also, will there be versions of this mod for other large episodes ?

Please keep up the good work!

Comment

• @henry
                this torch-model is actually from the game 'legend of grimrock'

so the torch isnt included in the SMC for copyright reasons

you can however download the 'grimrock assets pack' and 'grimrock model toolkit' and use the toolkit to convert the model yourself for use as replacement torch in quake
                just search google for both, you can easily find them both

EDIT:
                oh you are talking about the other torch-model i see.
                afaik that other torch-model is from 'legend of grimrock' as well
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  will add link to your videos to the news-post seven
                  I don't know if I supplied you with the link, but we're capable of displaying a playlist inside one imbedded video! It could also be randomized IIRC, so the flavor for one could be different for the next!

just a suggestion
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Hey Seven

I love your SMC pack, it really helps make Quake look like the way I remember it

I believed I found a small bug though; I can't change the player models color - no matter what I try, it just remains the default colors, also in multiplayer.

I have a theory that it's something in the progs.dat that causes this - but then again, you probably know best

Comment

• @bitcrusher
                      this is not a bug, this is cuz the player-model is an md3, a format which doesnt natively support player-colors

however i myself have made a lil addon for the player-model included with SMC which adds support for player-colors to the model

>DOWNLOAD RUOHIS PLAYER-MODEL COLORS<

NOTE: this is an add-on for ruohis player-model, it requires you to have the model already!

(i know i posted this before, but i couldnt find my post about it so i reposted it)
                      Last edited by talisa; 09-07-2014, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• How about having color change with armor?
                        Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• Hello,

There have been several comments to some youtube clips recently (most probably from quakeone users). I am sorry that I cannot answer them, as youtube doesnt allow me to. I need a google account it seems, which I do not have.
                          Weird enough that youtube allows me to post/upload clips, but doesnt allow me to answer questions or post comments.

Therefore I wanted to say, please ask your questions directly in this thread here.
                          Fortunately I am allowed to answer questions here.
                          Thank you very much for your understanding.

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                          There are some models in your screenshots that dont seem to be included in the mod. I like the torch model with the iron grates and burning coals.
                          Hello Henry,
                          This is a typical "Please read the readme´s" question
                          You will find the reason why several torch models are not included in the smc, as well as the place and link where and how to download them.

I am using the smc myself, that is why I added some cvar values which are commented out for public but can be used if you have the required models. If you have issues converting them, please send me a pm.

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                          Also, will there be versions of this mod for other large episodes ?
                          I highly recommend to use the Quaddicted homepage to search and download Quake maps. You will most probably find all existing maps and can use several filters doing so.

You can use the SMC for all maps and episodes marked with either of these:

If the map / episode has a custom progs.dat (= mod), you will still be able to use smc´s custom particles for all standard Quake effects. But the other features will not work, as the gamecode is different.
                          But you can use the included source and combine them if you want.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          I don't know if I supplied you with the link, but we're capable of displaying a playlist inside one imbedded video! It could also be randomized IIRC, so the flavor for one could be different for the next!
                          Hello Mindz,
                          Thank you for your suggestion. But I think there are too many clips to have a playlist. If people are interested in browsing thorugh the clips, youtube will bring them to the channel everytime I post a new clip and people clikc on the youtube window.

Originally posted by Bitcrusher View Post
                          Hey Seven
                          I love your SMC pack, it really helps make Quake look like the way I remember it
                          I believed I found a small bug though; I can't change the player models color - no matter what I try, it just remains the default colors, also in multiplayer.
                          I have a theory that it's something in the progs.dat that causes this - but then again, you probably know best
                          Hello Bitcrusher,
                          Please go to the DarkPlaces readme homepage. You will find a detailed description how to create your team color textures when reading the paragraph: Replacing skins

The reason why you do not see team colors in the smc is, because it uses replacement textures, which do not include the team color necessary textures.

Talisa linked the team color textures, matching the player model which is used for vweps in the smc. Unfortunately there is an issue in talisas textures, as you see a black border around the players neck (when you look at the players front side screenshot in talisas above post and at the back side screenshot below).
                          I uploaded a fixed version here

Best wishes.

Comment

• Dear all,

I am always trying to improve / add a little bit to the ambience in Quake.
                            Around 2-3 years ago, I had a discussion with Chip, talking about flying dust / ember particles in Quake maps.

I tried to pick up this idea again and added tiny flying dust particles into Quake maps.
                            As Quake maps are usualy dirty/doomed/forgotten places where the charwoman didnt clean up since several years the effect added some ambience. I like it.

Do not worry, the flying-dust effect will not eat up your performance, as of course not the complete map will be flooded with particles. I used some tricks to only spawn them in the area around the players view.

Screenshots or youtube clips are not really helpful here, as the effect is very subtle, because it should not disturb the players view. If you are interested, you can download the addon and test it (amount is adjustable):

DOWNLOAD

==========================

This is just a sneak preview about another thing I am working at the moment. I do not want to write too much about it yet, as almost everything is still WIP and uses only placeholders. Just some clips.

Kind regards.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_j1aThHlE&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw]Reiver monster - YouTube[/ame]
                            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oprXXgjQG0U&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw]Quake Reiver monster WIP - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• interesting monster-choice seven!

didnt know someone has made a 3d-model of the reiver monster from hexen1

cool to see the scrag might get some more support in terms of other flying monsters
                              we always could use more flying monsters in quake, and monsters from hexen are always awesome!

Comment

• Wow! Another monster!
                                Cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X