Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Seven!
    Thanks for the answer!
    But I do not know how to program. And I do not understand anything in the source code.

Comment

• Hello Jugin,

You will miss a lot of fun and interesting things when you are using a stripped down version. Maybe you will change your mind and want to try out the one or the other SMC feature later on...
      You are always welcome to come back and try the regular mod.

Anyway, here is what you are asking for
      I checked fteqcc´s box: "Quake 1.06 bugfixes" and this is what it compiled for me:

Original Quake / Gameplay Bugfixes:
      • Fixed Quake's original player pain sound bug in skill 3
      • Fixed all weapon projectiles "interact/explode on sky" bug (aka "solid sky bug")
      • Fixed Monster-count bug for swimming monsters
      • Fixed original ID1 fish model death animation bug
      • (Super)-NailGun's nail position correction
      • Fixed zombie flesh-projectile spawn-position for 2nd attack animation
      • Fixed tarbabies bug: They no longer get stuck on ledges and steps

Darkplaces fixes for original Quake are also included.

DOWNLOAD

Have fun with your Quake,
      Seven

Comment

• Thank you so much!
        Sorry for the importunity.
        Can you make corrections from "the list"?

"Original Quake / Gameplay Bugfixes:

Fixed Quake's original player pain sound bug in skill 3
        Fixed Monster-count bug for swimming monsters
        Fixed original ID1 fish model death animation bug
        (Super)-NailGun's nail position correction
        Fixed zombie and mummy flesh-projectile spawn-position for 2nd attack animation
        Fixed projectiles "interact/explode on sky" bug (aka "solid sky bug")
        Fixed tarbabies original Quake: They no longer get stuck on ledges and steps
        Option to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors/explo-boxes
        Mission Pack 1:
        Fixed hipdemo1.dem missing music bug
        Fixed DP related bug that deals damage from rubbles even though they are lying on the floor
        Mission pack 2:
        Fix for Darkplaces buzzsaw not moving bug
        Fix for Darkplaces Lavaman projectile "stuck in walls" bug
        Fix for Darkplaces Plasma Gun projectile not moving bug
        "

Comment

• Hello Jugin,

Everything you need for original Quake is already in the download above.
          The list you copy/pasted from the opening post mentiones the official mission pack bugs. You do not need them for regular Quake.
          If you want the mission pack bugfixes as well, you can download their corresponding SMC packs from first page of this thread. They are all included and the source is always included as well.

========================================

Dear all,

Some time ago a forum user mentioned the issue in Quake that monsters can protrude into walls. Which looks weird. Especially when their corpses are half way sticking in walls...

I added a collision check algorithm around the monsters to avoid the described behaviour. It works robust and does not interfere with maps and monster pathfinding because their bbox will stay exactly the same.
          It works with all engines and all monsters in all maps.

Here is a clip that shows the improved behaviour in-game:
          Please click the "enable subtitle" button to read the included text.
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjKA0841GkI&t=31s[/ame]

Best regards,
          Seven

Comment

• Nice work as always Seven!

Comment

• In Quake. I like old low-poly models and low-resolution textures. (Yes, I am weird.)

Originally posted by Seven View Post
              Hello Jugin,

Everything you need for original Quake is already in the download above.
              Missing item.
              "Option to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors/explo-boxes"

The list you copy/pasted from the opening post mentiones the official mission pack bugs. You do not need them for regular Quake.
              I guessed.

If you want the mission pack bugfixes as well, you can download their corresponding SMC packs from first page of this thread. They are all included and the source is always included as well.
              I just wanted to get bugfixes. I do not need new models, new textures, etc. But I do not know how to edit the source code.

I added a collision check algorithm around the monsters to avoid the described behaviour. It works robust and does not interfere with maps and monster pathfinding because their bbox will stay exactly the same.
              It works with all engines and all monsters in all maps.
              Where can I download it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jugin View Post
                Missing item.
                "Option to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors/explo-boxes"
                the SMC does actually have multiple options for this, through this cvar in smc_config.cfg

set shootablebuttonsandsecrets 0

"0"= original ID1 behaviour (blood effect)
                "1"= they have an own particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)
                "2"= they use standard weapon impact particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)

what you are asking for can be achieved by setting the setting to 2, which completely removes any special effect when shooting buttons&secrets
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  the SMC does actually have multiple options for this, through this cvar in smc_config.cfg

set shootablebuttonsandsecrets 0

"0"= original ID1 behaviour (blood effect)
                  "1"= they have an own particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)
                  "2"= they use standard weapon impact particle effect when shot (not blood anymore)

what you are asking for can be achieved by setting the setting to 2, which completely removes any special effect when shooting buttons&secrets
                  In the version of this link (Original Quake 1.06 bugfixes.rar), this option does not work.

Comment

• ah my bad.... i was talking about the SMC's features, not about the bugfixes thing

thought you couldnt figure out what the cvar of that feature from SMC is called
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                      Nice work as always Seven!
                      Hello gdiddy,
                      So you are still browsing/lurking the forums about this old game ?
                      Good to still see you around my friend.

Originally posted by Jugin View Post
                      In Quake. I like old low-poly models and low-resolution textures.
                      I do not need new models, new textures, etc.
                      Hello Jugin,
                      And what exactly is keeping you from using the regular SMC then ?
                      You do not seem to know what the SMC really is. You will not find anything you mentioned if you do not want.
                      In the end it is your choice of course.

Happy Easter everybody !

Best regards,
                      Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                        Hello Jugin,
                        And what exactly is keeping you from using the regular SMC then ?
                        Desire to keep for myself the classic gameplay. Without new monsters and visual effects, other than RT-lighting.
                        I do not know how to disable everything except for bugfixes.

Comment

• you can disable all gameplay changes and monsters and such by simply editing the smc_config.cfg,
                          which can be edited with any basic text-editor like notepad, word or notepad++

there are basic descriptions for what every cvar does inside the smc_config.cfg

Comment

• Happy Easter, Seven!

Glad to see you still keeping up on the SMC my friend! Very nice work on the collision detetion for dead bodies.
                            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

• Hello Duthc,

the SMC already had all the code that was need for the new feature.
                              Take the demon/wizard teleporting, mix it with the adjustable size feature, add some cosmetics here and there and the corpses collision correction was born. And this time even without the _z sticking in floor bug in Non-DP engines.

Combining/using different existing features always brings up interesting new ones.

Regards,
                              Seven

Comment

• Does the flashlight not work on dp 2016 11 21? It clicks says on off I have it bound to f but it doesn't light anything up.

Comment

Working...
                                X