No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, PM's do not work. Been there done that. People just ignore them so there is no public proof that you contacted them to not use them.
    Seven has the inbox full, you can not PM with seven because he didnt clean the inbox
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
      Racist? Are you joking, Nahuel?
      yeah
      i d try the free release of the game time ago
      I didnt like it
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by MangledEyeStudios View Post
        It doesn't matter who he credited and I can guarantee he did not credit the model coming from Dark Salvation. (...) he still did not ask permission to use it. So we look bad for pointing it out but it doesn't look bad for someone using things without permission. OK.
        Jesus fuckin' Christ on a c.o.c.k! Have you even listened to anything anyone here, including Seven, has said?!? Or do you have the comprehension faculties of a 2-year-old? You don't look bad for pointing it out, you look bad for behaving like an ass. You could have asked nicely. Get lost already!

NOW, ON TO MORE IMPORTANT STUFF THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS:
        Seven, I just remembered there's a Lost Soul in the very much non-copyrighted Arcane Dimensions mod. Maybe you could use this model instead? Oh, and maybe you should think about cleaning your mailbox?
        Last edited by Mugwump; 06-21-2017, 10:46 PM.
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• If the PM doesn't work, then post something like this:

"Seven, I would like to speak to you in private regarding a model in your mod. Can you please clear your mailbox?"

If he doesn't, contact a site admin. You can find all of them in the Moderator List to the left side of the screen. They are very good with responding and dealing with problems.

Seriously, this is straight-up common sense and basic decency. The kind of thing your mom is supposed to teach you when you're about 5.

@bfg - making a lost soul model

I've got a few too many projects going on right now unfortunately. I will be more than happy to donate any models I finish in the future to the SMC however, if Seven would like them. But I think you're idea of using the AD lost soul isn't bad, I'm sure Sock wouldn't mind.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

• Yeah, Sock has expressly made AD to be a resource for modders.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
              Yeah, Sock has expressly made AD to be a resource for modders.
              Awesome. I'm assuming this means Preach's work as well (Quoth)? I'll look through the readme tomorrow. The Drole is one of my favorite monsters of all time, be sweet to add it to the bestiary in my mod.
              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                I'm assuming this means Preach's work as well (Quoth)?
                Nope. That's unfortunate but the Quoth source code is not open source. Sock harassed Preach for months to get the authorization to use Quoth content and he ended up being allowed to use a few monster models only. He had to write their code from scratch (you may have noticed that the Quoth monsters behave a bit differently in AD). If you want to use a drole, you can use the AD drole but not the Quoth drole.

Comment

• well..... regarding the face thing.....

the model is supposed to resemble the demon-face from the altarb and dem4 textures

and the model pops up in-game as a punishment for shooting those walls

the model used looks the most similar-ish to the face on those textures, thats why it was chosen.

so if its going to be replaced, maybe it would be a better idea to make a new model similar to the face featured in the textures,
                  rather then making a model similar-looking to the lost soul like from doom
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Dear all,

Please try to stop writing aggressive words/posts in this thread.
                    MangledEye expressed his opinion and attitude clearly and we should not further judge or trying to discuss it.
                    There is already too much flaming in other forums and threads these days. I would like to keep it out of this thread if possible.
                    I did what he requested and that should be good enough for all of us. I can live with it, so I hope everyone else can as well.
                    Please, let us move on. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello bfg666,

What makes you think that the SMC does not have additional "Lost Soul" type models ?
                    There are 2 different models available/included in the SMC.

You switch between them by setting this cvar: evil_faces_model_type
                    Setting it to "1" will use Kiltrons model (see screenshots above)
                    Setting it to "0" will use Revilitys model (see screenshot below)

It is explained in the smc_config.cfg (which every SMC user should at least read through 1 time).
                    You will also find additional cvars to adjust all properties of this monster-type and adding some additional gimmicks/features as well.

If you want even more different models in the SMC, you can use CGPhantom´s (= Tea Monster´s son) or Vladimir´s lost soul models. They are both free models and look great in my opinion. There are also many variations/derivatives like the free flying skull with razor blades and others.

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                    Oh, and maybe you should think about cleaning your mailbox?
                    I could free up some space. Thanks for the heads up Nahuel.

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                    That's unfortunate but the Quoth source code is not open source.
                    Not quite true. Many people have the source and already made mods for Quoth or used its code. You can extract it from progs.dat. I also made an extension to Quoth including particle flames/fire from SMC (You should know it / downloaded it already). See more infos about it here

Have fun with your Quake,
                    Seven

Comment

• Hi Seven!

What have you been up to these past few months? I saw that the SMC was still in beta3.

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      I did what he requested and that should be good enough for all of us.
                      Apparently that wasn't enough for him since he continued with the attitude even after you complied. I can't stand this kind of behavior, especially when it's directed towards someone I have an immense respect for (like you, for instance). Toxic people are not welcome on this board. Let's hope that he gets the message now.
                      There are 2 different models available/included in the SMC.
                      Thank you for reminding this to us.
                      will use Kiltrons model
                      Shhhhh! Don't call it that, you fool! It's MangledEyeStudios'©®™ model!

Wow! That second model by Vladimir Uryadov is badass! I think I might use this one from now on. TBH, I've always found [s]Kiltron's[/s] MangledEyeStudios'©®™ model a little goofy around the mouth.
                      Many people have the source and already made mods for Quoth or used its code. You can extract it from progs.dat.
                      Preach never released the source and refuses to do so. I know this, it's been a strong point of debate over at Func_Msgboard. Some people may have decompiled it but it's not acceptable manners in the modding community. Then again, not making the code of one's mod open source is not acceptable manners either, so...

Edit:Uhhh... Why doesn't the [s]striked-out[/s] BBCode work?
                      Last edited by Mugwump; 06-22-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• I've tried googling Vladimir's model with no luck so far. Is there a link someone?

Edit: did find this: http://xeno.artstation.com/projects/LOd1v download: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d3XvW

Not sure of the format the model is in? Talisa, can you assist perhaps or someone else?
                        Last edited by gdiddy62; 06-22-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• yeah... i found that too but its a ZTLl, which is a zbrush model...
                          i sure as hell dont got the 800 bucks to buy zbrush

and trying to find an importer for blender came up with nothing,
                          and trying to find a program that could convert the file to another format also came up with nothing
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Well shoot!

Comment

• maybe one of the other peoples here at quakeone does have zbrush
                              and could be so kinda to convert the file to another format, like obj?

Comment

• Zbrush has an unrestricted 45 day free trial.

https://pixologic.com/zbrush/trial/

Simply download the trial, open the ztl and click (probably) file/export/obj

Alternately, sculptris maybe, maybe will import ztl... I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.

http://pixologic.com/sculptris/features/
                                Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-22-2017, 01:35 PM.
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X